Hacking problems with back ups

sudeki300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have a friends softmodded wii which i softmodded myself. the thing is when it tries to run a back up disc neogamma gives a bad burn error message, i cannot remember the error number. i thought that it might need the pots tweaking and i gave it a go this evening. i tried three different readings but still no luck. it reads original discs no problem but no go with the back ups, i know the backups work as i have tried them in two other wii consoles and the media is good as one of them was a verb and the other was a taiyo yuden which are both good burns. i have also tried booting the disc in the wii main menu,but when i go into the disc channel it just says unable to read disc. i had the drive open so i could see the disc and when i put in a back up it just clanks twice but no spinning of the disc, i was expecting the pot tweak to reslove this but no luck. if anyone had had the same issue and resolved it please let me know how this was done. it has just left me stumped.thanks.....................sudeki300

sudeki300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
everything is installed and working fine but now it does not read backups anymore. the console was softmodded by myself about 4 months ago.................sudeki300

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
new wii's have new D3-2 chipset drives in them that are incapable of reading backup disks PERIOD. This wii probably falls under that category, but have no fear, the new wii's can still make use of usb loaders (which is infinitely better than backup discs anyways!)

WOOHOO! POST # 2000!!! YEA YEA!

sudeki300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i know the drive can play backups as i softmodded the console myself about 4 months ago. it just seems weird that the drive does need attemped to spin the disc. i might just delete everything off and reinstall the Ciso and other stuff. at the moment the console is on firmware 3.4E so i might update it to 4.2 official firmware and then softmod the Ciso again to see if this has any effect otherwise i have no idea why this is happening other than the laser is dying. if this is the case i thought the pot tweak would have rectified the issue. can anyone tell me the best reading for the pot tweak, i have heard that it was about 600. first reading i had was 663, then i took it down to 600 which had no effect. then took it up to 859 but still had no effect. i have noticed hat when i turn the console on there is a grindin noise that cones from the, the reason for this is on the right hand side of the drive there are about 3 white plastic cogs and it seems the noise is coming from these. would this have a effect on the drive reading backups? sorry for the long post and thanks for reading........................sudeki300

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's probably a nudist cult that exists.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is how I want to bone but it's my views that I know are right
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [belongs to one]
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish people that think they're right about everything didn't exist half the time
    Such as you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's your way of thinking
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet it be tough finding a job, if you were a nudist.
    or vice versa
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah it's easy all they gotta do is blow long breaths of air
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Confronts a nudist "Why be a nudist?" "I'm not a nudist you dick, I'm homeless and poor."
    +1
    I'm also saving 💰 . You know how much it is to just wash your clothes? pffffft
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I saved 1k this month by being poor tbh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Been eating Ramen all month, but my PC is badass!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen still delicious don't care how much money I'll have
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'm eating less, but mostly because I'm trying to avoid getting called heavy again during this year's health exam
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    There's only so many ways they can say "You're fat by our country's standards"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My cholesterol was almost 350 so really stopped going out lol
    [uploads some 🐟 for you] :D @Minox
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood