Undi

TRASH 悲しい天使
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello.

Okay, for 2/3 days I have tried to put the FRENCH Pokemon Stadium on a VC game by Injection.
First, I tried with the FRENCH version just for testing and it doesn't work, obviously.
The VC game was DK64 for the "base".

I investigated why, and I try a few things :

- Trying to put Pokemon Stadium [US] (.n64) in the VC with the config file of STADIUM [US] = FAIL
- Trying to put Pokemon Stadium [US] (.z64) in the VC with the config file of STADIUM [US] = SUCCESS

Here, I figured out the .z64 format is the good format.

- Trying to put Pokemon Stadium [EUR] (.z64) in the VC with the config file of STADIUM [US] =
FAIL
- Trying to put Pokemon Stadium [EUR] (.z64) in the VC with the config file of STADIUM 2 [US] = SUCCESS

So, I have tried to put the FRENCH version with the STADIUM 2 [US] config file.

- Trying to put Pokemon Stadium [FR] (.z64) in the VC with the config file of STADIUM [US] =
FAIL
- Trying to put Pokemon Stadium [FR] (.z64) in the VC with the config file of STADIUM 2 [US] = FAIL

Annnnnnd... I'm stuck here, I do some research on google and doesn't find anything.
So, do I have to create a new config file ? I doesn't know how to create one...

Sorry for my bad english, I'm Belgian.

Can you please help me to do that ?
For me the FRENCH voice are a very nostalgic piece of my childhood.

Thanks in advance !

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I know is just that we can't inject a bigger nintendo 64 game than the original one with loadiine...
This is incorrect, I dumped Super Mario 64 with ddd, replaced the rom and config with the ones from Donkey Kong 64, and loaded it with loadiine just fine.

I'd do as @ShadowOne333 suggested and try dumping the french rom into a hex editor and changing the title ID to match the US rom. If the US rom only works because there's tons of address patching going on all over the place in the config, still may not work.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is incorrect, I dumped Super Mario 64 with ddd, replaced the rom and config with the ones from Donkey Kong 64, and loaded it with loadiine just fine.

I'd do as @ShadowOne333 suggested and try dumping the french rom into a hex editor and changing the title ID to match the US rom. If the US rom only works because there's tons of address patching going on all over the place in the config, still may not work.
Make sure that the French ROM matches a header of either the EUR or USA one that worked with the .ini file.

Undi

TRASH 悲しい天使
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

There isn't a lot of stuff in the configuration file, just 3 line.

Edit: when I can go to my PC I will try the header thing, thanks guys.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How do we do that ?
We have to modify the z64 file before the injection ?
Yes, you have to open the ROM with a HEX editor and copy the first bytes or so (header) to match the same game for another region.
I remember @pedro702 did so for some games and he got quite a few problematic ones working.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, you have to open the ROM with a HEX editor and copy the first bytes or so (header) to match the same game for another region.
I remember @pedro702 did so for some games and he got quite a few problematic ones working.
all you need to do is open the game on hxd and change the region letter, a single letter is enough for the VC emulator read the region you got E for usa,P for pal and J for jap just change it and save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o