Hacking Problem updating R4iGold from r4ids.cn, Revision C

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
So I'm guessing these guy's still haven't released an update for Revision C "Dorasu" (with the Halo and angel wings) ? Because I still haven't updated my 3ds I'm on version 4.3.0 lol :( ....they released a new card that will work on 5.0.0 3dsXL...I should have just bought the damn Supercard DSTWO seems like those folks aren't having issues...

I wanna access my store already -_- lol do games like fire emblem require a firmware update to play?

I think the game itself has the update so you are forced to update ur system.

Shadow_Boss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking of just buying a Supercard DSTWO, that gets its frequent updates right? I just wanna throat punch r4ids.cn lol

HT3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rohworld.com
XP
Country
Are these 'faulty' revision C cards updateable via regular DS's? or just not at all? I've gone ahead and updated my 3DS now.

Tempted to just buy a different card now.

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you who shipped your defective cards back to zhuzhuchina, how long did it take to get back? I mailed mine off almost 4 weeks ago and I'm still waiting.

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
gutted.....

so after eons of waiting for the update patch to come out, I gave up, and ordered another 'newer' RTS version from zhuzhuchina again. The first card previously had come quite quick, but this time round it took forever.

Now that its finally came the other day, thought "cool".....popped it in....to get "no card inserted"

Tried it on my DSL and 3DS with no joy.......1 single time on the DSL it did recognise it, but never again after umpteen tries (and tried paper trick behind etc and cleaning the contacts).

Got in touch with zhuzhu support, who asked the usual, if I'd copied the files across etc....but said to send back for a replacement.

Right pee'd off now, as that means it'll be like 2 months+ probably till I get another card (if they acknowledge me even sending them out/received)

If only there was a bloomin UK contact to get a working one

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
gutted.....

so after eons of waiting for the update patch to come out, I gave up, and ordered another 'newer' RTS version from zhuzhuchina again. The first card previously had come quite quick, but this time round it took forever.

Now that its finally came the other day, thought "cool".....popped it in....to get "no card inserted"

Tried it on my DSL and 3DS with no joy.......1 single time on the DSL it did recognise it, but never again after umpteen tries (and tried paper trick behind etc and cleaning the contacts).

Got in touch with zhuzhu support, who asked the usual, if I'd copied the files across etc....but said to send back for a replacement.

Right pee'd off now, as that means it'll be like 2 months+ probably till I get another card (if they acknowledge me even sending them out/received)

If only there was a bloomin UK contact to get a working one

*cough :)

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you who shipped your defective cards back to zhuzhuchina, how long did it take to get back? I mailed mine off almost 4 weeks ago and I'm still waiting.

I'm also curious if they send out an email when they receive your exchange and when they ship out a replacement...

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, zhuzhu says they still haven't received it yet after 4 weeks... FML. Now I wasted postage to send it and I don't even have a card.

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
doesn't fill me with too much confidence, having to send 2 cards back to them.....already been 6 months since the first of the r4i cards I bought (2nd being the broken one)

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Great, zhuzhu says they still haven't received it yet after 4 weeks... FML. Now I wasted postage to send it and I don't even have a card.

if you sent it cheapest postage it takes about 2-3 months

thats china post, plus they have had alot of holiday recently

doesn't fill me with too much confidence, having to send 2 cards back to them.....already been 6 months since the first of the r4i cards I bought (2nd being the broken one)

the problem is these days, you only see posts from people that had issues, because people just get there card, then bugger off until they come across an issue

you get faults in everything you buy these days, its due to people trying to keep costs down so they can offer a cheaper product

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
regarding my previous contact with Zhuzhuchina about returning the faulty card (and they advised to return the original unupdatable C card too)......I've just received a message off them giving me a shipping address to Italy? Anyone been requested to return items to there too?

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
I see there is a new update out now, relating to the new system update.

It says

"The 3DS6.0 updating patch is released now!(2013-06-23)
33.gif

Note: This patch updating is little different as before, please see the instructions in the "readme.doc" step by step carefully! the key point: doing the patch updating for your card first, then cut off the signal line(on the PCB) by a knife as required on the picture...(Don't cut the line before the patch updating done!!!)
"

No mention there about whether or not its compatable on only certain revision cards etc....wonder if this will also force flash the metroid Cs

NgXAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, since the bug with the C card (the card I have) I bought a DSTwo Card, all is perfect.

But by curiosity I tested the 6.0 update on my C Rev, and still FAIL.... No comment...

:)

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked multiple times, my eyes hurt and I don't feel like reading 21 pages. If it has been answered (in detail) already just point me to the

post.

I have a Dorasu Rev C card, however the system reports it as "xxxyyy 3DSb". Before the update, it worked fine on my DSi 1.4.5 and 3DS 5.0.X.X. After applying the

update, I used the downloaded NDS updater to flash my card. It said successful (or however they spell it in engrish), so then I downloaded the latest Wood from

r4ids.cn (the URL on my card) and installed it. It doesn't work on my 3DS (error occurred) but does work on DSi. I opened it up and saw no connector line. I ordered

from ndsgamer.com. I can post my internals if necessary. The icon shows up on both consoles as Konami Digital Entertainment. (the new icon they are advertising)

Previously, it was Dorasu (the guy waving his hand). I've tried redownloading the kernel multiple times. I'm currently abroad, so ordering a new one is out of the

question because I'll be gone by the time it gets here. So if anyone could shed some light on this, that would be helpful.

Also when I get back, I'm thinking of just purchasing a DSTwo. Are there any clones I should be aware of? And is realhotstuff.com a good place to get one?

Many thanks (even if you just read it)

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So am I basically screwed with the R4? Should I wait for an update (un/officially) or should I just cough up for the $40? Thanks for the quick reply btw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...