Hacking Priiloader, bootmii, other back ups, and brick protection

UKTone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last time I tried to install priiloader on my wii it didn't work, but it may have changed from 8+ months ago, I didn't want to go any further since I didn't want to permanently brick another wii (bricked one out of the 4 i bought). This is the only one that couldn't get priiloader and is for my mom (red is her favorite color) and don't want her to accidently brick the wii and i can't revive it. She just wants some old games on the wii channel and will buy the disc games she wants.

I would need a link to the topic about the prilloader, with the information on LU9?+ and LU9?- and LU6?+/-.

Also I think bootmii 1 was able to install but bootmii2 and bootmii2 with ios both couldn't install...

Also I forgot what the NAND file is for. What is it and what is it for?

Are there any other brick protections and back ups? I am about to check the bootmii 1 and 2 stuff, and priiloader and confirm what is on there.

Thanks.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
a nand backup is a backup of the encrypted flash memory. It is useful if you brick your wii because then someone like me is able to fix it.

You are confused about the whole bootmii thing. There is bootmii as an IOS and bootmii that gets installed into boot2. The bootmii that gets installed to boot2 relies on a vulnerability in boot1.

What you should do is just use ModMii to rehack the wii.

Reactions: 1 person

UKTone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I will look up the ModMii, I used the mod in the sticky, not sure if you are referring to the same thing.

Also what about the priiloader, LUxx, and are there other brick protections?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish people that think they're right about everything didn't exist half the time
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Such as you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's your way of thinking
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet it be tough finding a job, if you were a nudist.
    or vice versa
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah it's easy all they gotta do is blow long breaths of air
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Confronts a nudist "Why be a nudist?" "I'm not a nudist you dick, I'm homeless and poor."
    +1
    I'm also saving 💰 . You know how much it is to just wash your clothes? pffffft
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I saved 1k this month by being poor tbh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Been eating Ramen all month, but my PC is badass!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen still delicious don't care how much money I'll have
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'm eating less, but mostly because I'm trying to avoid getting called heavy again during this year's health exam
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    There's only so many ways they can say "You're fat by our country's standards"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My cholesterol was almost 350 so really stopped going out lol
    [uploads some 🐟 for you] :D @Minox
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it