Hacking Priiloader 0.6 final released

youngrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i installed 0.6 and everything is working fine i went from 0.4 to 0.6 and i think it just updated it only when i installed it since i didnt have to change anything so i dont see where there is any problems at

DjxEDxD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok ive been trying to get priiloader from the 42mod.zip file and it wont install just gives me this....

IOS 236 rev 65535
Logged in as "SU"!
Got ROOT!
Checking for priiloader....
Priiloader not found,Aborting mission...

Then goes back to HBC .......

Found out it was v4 that is used in 42mod.zip. If i try to install 6 will this work? Or because of me not being able to install it in the first place will it screw it up?
I've made a Nand back up.Will this save me if i brick it or is it toast once this happens cause of said bug.

atrophis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, whats the consensus here? I am currently on 0.4 and am looking to upgrade to 0.6. I hear there is a possibility of bricking during the install, but if I just wait for the homebrews network activity light to stop flashing, I should be good? Do I skip this install and wait for another?

DjxEDxD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya im not sure myself. kinda worried bout bricken my wii too.I'm curious if i have my nand back up if it would save me if it bricks?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Well after reading this thread I'm glad I managed to install priiloader 0.6 without any issues.

I'm having a little issue, my issue is with wiiflow but I'm more interested to know why its happening.

I've rolled back to wiiflow 2.1a2 r92 to resolve some crashing I had, now 2.2 r304 would boot fine from priiloader, but for some reason 2.1a2 r92 will boot fine from HBC but when booting from priiloader it comes up asking me to select a partition and it won't let me select the correct partition. So I then have to reboot into sys menu, then HBC, then start up wiiflow.

What is the difference with the way priiloader boots apps compared to say HBC? Cause I got no clue why this is happening and would like to use it properly if possible

DjxEDxD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet again i confirmed I'm retarded
blush.gif
Just checked the back of my wii for probably the fourth time to find out i did in fact have a USB plug in it from my Rockband stuff DOH! So ima stupid and all is well in whoville once again now im not sure if i wanna temp fait and risk v6 or leave well enough alone ?

And now that i have priiloader installed is it safe to update for my Wii Shop Channel to work so i can get netflix going again?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To all who are worried, i've spoken with DacoTaco on IRC, and he confirms that v0.6 is absolutely safe to install and the bug is fixed. he did confirm that launching official titles for SOME is still broke, but that its fixed now and will be released in v0.6b

I've personally installed 0.6 with no problems, it works great and is super fast as well

DjxEDxD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So any idea when v.06b is gonna be avalable ?
and am i ok to update wii shop channel? Says it wants me to do a system update. This is the whole reason for priiloader,no?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know when 0.6b will be available sorry.

Yes update your shop channel, but i suggest doing it through modmii getting the wads and installing it that way, get both the latest shop channel and IOS56 and your good to go

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DjxEDxD said:
So any idea when v.06b is gonna be avalable ?
and am i ok to update wii shop channel? Says it wants me to do a system update. This is the whole reason for priiloader,no?

Don't update the system menu - your shop channel is just out of date.

For the shop channel, you need to install the latest versions of the shop channel and IOS56.
Use Modmii to download the latest versions of the shop channel and IOS56, then use a wad manager to install the wads.

EDIT: Skater beat me to it
grog.gif

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally like the new hacks method, which has hacks for multiple system menus. Kudos, getting better all the time. I have been running it since it was posted. I have installed it on all of the family wiis which consist of sm 4, 4.1, 42 and 4.3's

DjxEDxD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AWESOME thanx guys now to load all my crap back on my card. Think im gonna have to go bigger lol.

Love Jim in your sig Skater......wonder how hes doin these days?

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
No, you need the hacks_hash from SVN not from Wiibrew.... going back to v5 is BAD idea

Here I copied the hacks_hash.ini from SVN

hacks_hash.ini

your issue is not a priiloader bug, its a simple problem of using an old .ini
Just went back to version 0.6 and I still have multiple problems with it on 4.1u using that hacks_ini file and the old hack.ini method. Not sure if it has anything to do with certain settings, but all the old settings I had on 0.5 never gave me a problem. I'm getting black screens at boot without getting into the system menu, the drive spinning non-stop with a disc in the drive, longer loading times when it finally does work and sync issues with my Wiimote when trying to get into Priiloader. :/

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lulwut said:
and from what i can tell 0.6 works just fine :wtf:;
And I warned you otherwise, and now someone got bricked: http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/issues/detail?id=158
Note that in one of his replies he states the wii had no internet connection. You don't need to reproduce the crash Daco, you know what caused it.

QUOTEDaco (~lolwut@dD576C677.access.telenet.be) has joined channel #wiidev
Hmm what a coincidence!
ninja.gif

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
lulwut said:
and from what i can tell 0.6 works just fine :wtf:;
And I warned you otherwise, and now someone got bricked: http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/issues/detail?id=158
Note that in one of his replies he states the wii had no internet connection. You don't need to reproduce the crash Daco, you know what caused it.
first of all, im not Daco;
second,1 brick in the 7k downloads/installs. woopty doo. for all we know he might have hidden some fact that made it screw itself
third, aside from that google code page i sure can't get it to crash on my wii nor do i find any other report...

EDIT: i dont know how edited my post; but you are a retard for not only making me look like im daco (im not); but you also removed my numbering but kept the "third" in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8