Priiloader - 0.10.0 RC3 Release - Now with WiiU compatability

Ysecond

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Is wonderful achievement!
Thanks for DacoTaco,GaryOderNichts, vaguerant, Ingunar!
May I ask a foolish question, Can it help get rid of WIIU's optical drive? When I throw away the Wiiu's optical drive, any channel of the vwii cannot run.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
- If I have set the region free everything parameter, then decided to remove the Priiloader for console, will it still be region free still be present? (are all patchs not related to the presence of priiloader or some are?)
- What is "file installer"? A wad installer?
- Would there be a way so Priiloader suppress the "hdd check" asking for formating a usb HDD drive on the WiiU side?
One of my dream would be that the wii controlleurs or wiiU gamepad could set off the WiiU in ANY situation, if there is any bug or Freeze,I have to stand out from my coach, remove power supply to reboot my console, has anyone had an idea to fix this?
As far as I remember, the wii could be set off even if there was a "bug" in a app, but that's not the case for the WiiU.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi,
- If I have set the region free everything parameter, then decided to remove the Priiloader for console, will it still be region free still be present? (are all patchs not related to the presence of priiloader or some are?)
Hello there. All hacks are applied on the fly at boot time by priiloader so you need to have priiloader in order to hacks to work.

Last edited by impeeza,

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Installed to my vwii. So far working well. Thanks to everybody involved.

Just a small kind of bug. For vwii, I use a usb only setup, no sdcard inserted. Managed to install priiloader. However, no hacks were installed, until I installed priiloader again, this time from the sdcard.

I'm aware from the sd-usb precedence and the auto stuff and all, but it's about the first installation, not about normal usage.

RetroNerdGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to ask a question so I can get some clarification...
Does this mean I can break region lock on my Wii U's vWii now? Along with any other benefits of Priiloader in a regular Wii?

Also, how would one go about installing on vWii? Through homebrew menu just like a regular Wii?
(I think I saw an answer to this in the thread but I really want to make sure as my Wii U is my only way to play Wii games officially with discs and I don't want to mess up vWii or even my Wii U.)

jpolo1224

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i can look at it but no way to test it . Do you know why it isnt working now by chance??
Hi Scooby, thank you so much for all your hard work. I’d like to ask, when you patch the version of mymenuify that works on vWii to work with vWii priiloader, do you think it would be possible to add motion plus support as well? This way I could get custom Wii menu theme on my vWii. I’m not sure if newer versions already do support it and it’s only this older version that works on vWii, but I thought I’d ask anyways.

Reactions: scooby74029

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
yeah i can look at it but no way to test it . Do you know why it isnt working now by chance??

on this post is an explanation how the priiloader is implemented on the vWii:

First up: vWii support!
Fucking. Finally. It took the team of @GaryOderNichts, @vaguerant, @Ingunar & myself to get it all working, but here we are!
How does it work?
well, for that I would have to explain how priiloader works on a regular wii.
On a regular wii, Priiloader renames the main System menu executable and writes itself under the name of the main executable. this means that when system menu is started, it will start priiloader itself.
However, this isn't good enough for the wiiu & vwii.
On the wiiu the PowerPC doesn't just boot whatever you throw at it. it needs a special, encrypted, binary to boot. now if we rename the system menu executable and replace it with our own, we are fucked. its not an encrypted binary, the PowerPC cpu rejects it.
but how does vwii boot all those wii related contents then, if none of those are encrypted?
Well, when it boots a title it first boots a special, encrypted, NandLoader which sets up the PowerPC cpu and then boots the content it needs to.
But what does this have to do with Priiloader? Gary and I came with this idea that we could maybe copy the nandloader to system menu and let it boot Priiloader, so that system menu's main executable is still an encrypted image.
This means that system menu now has 4 modifications when priiloader is installed :
* main executable is replaced with the nandloader
* priiloader is added to System menu
* System menu main executable is renamed
* System menu TMD is altered to have changes in the content index' so nandloader boots priiloader

Its complex, we know, but its the only way we found to make this possible so early on in the vwii boot process. We are now the second thing that boots on the PowerPC cpu in vwii mode after the wiiu switches modes.

Last edited by impeeza,

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
Hi Scooby, thank you so much for all your hard work. I’d like to ask, when you patch the version of mymenuify that works on vWii to work with vWii priiloader, do you think it would be possible to add motion plus support as well? This way I could get custom Wii menu theme on my vWii. I’m not sure if newer versions already do support it and it’s only this older version that works on vWii, but I thought I’d ask anyways.
yeah it should work with motion plus now since it is compiled with new devkit .

jpolo1224

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah it should work with motion plus now since it is compiled with new devkit .
That goes for newer versions of MyMenuify right? The one I’m referring 2 is the only one that works for vWii, which is version 2.2 which has a GUI, but doesn’t support WiiMotionPlus controllers, only regular wiimote. It is an old version of MyMenuify, titled (MyMenuifyOld 2.2) but for some reason is the only version that seems to not cause brick on vWii. What I was mainly asking is if it were be possible to have a new compiled version of MyMenuify that works for vWii and supports motion plus controllers. Or just have the same old version of MyMenuify that works for vWii add motion plus support. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my message btw, I really appreciate it!

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
That goes for newer versions of MyMenuify right? The one I’m referring 2 is the only one that works for vWii, which is version 2.2 which has a GUI, but doesn’t support WiiMotionPlus controllers, only regular wiimote. It is an old version of MyMenuify, titled (MyMenuifyOld 2.2) but for some reason is the only version that seems to not cause brick on vWii. What I was mainly asking is if it were be possible to have a new compiled version of MyMenuify that works for vWii and supports motion plus controllers. Or just have the same old version of MyMenuify that works for vWii add motion plus support. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my message btw, I really appreciate it!
so thats wierd it has a version of 2.2 because i recently(in feb. i think) only released v2.0. where did you get the version that works from btw?

darky2003

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
OMG, this is great news!!!!
1 month ago I took my wiiu from the attic, ordered a 256gb SDcard to hack my vWii (now that these are already much cheaper than years ago). Yesterday I read that the vwii's online features are still working due to wiimmfi! And today I read that priiloader supports the vwii?! NO WAY!
Can't wait to install when i get home.

Anyone tried this guide? Safe?
https://wii.guide/priiloader
( can't seem to fine a youtube tut yet)

Big thanks to everyone involved in this project!

Reactions: impeeza

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 month ago I took my wiiu from the attic, ordered a 256gb SDcard to hack my vWii (now that these are already much cheaper than years ago). Yesterday I read that the vwii's online features are still working due to wiimmfi! And today I read that priiloader supports the vwii?! NO WAY!

Not for vWii, and YouTube isn't very reliable.
Here's what I'd do:
Copy Priiloader installer, along with LoadPriiloader.
Run Priiloader installer. Install Priiloader.
Load Priiloader using LoadPriiloader.

Reactions: darky2003

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

never rely on YouTube videos, they always are outdated and mostly incorrect, or at least "the interpretion" of the content maker.

go always to the latest documentation, in the case of wii.guide they are just now working on catch the news of priiloader, it's a lot to update and test. may be the next week the guide will be updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY