Hacking Question Powertag not readable after Tagmo

Omicronics

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so iv been playing around with the powertag from datels Powersaves for Amiibo tool and since the reader and write failed to work, I decided to use Tagmo. So I loaded up a fierce diety link bin and the key and wrote to the tag. Scan the Tag and it just beeps. Odd right? I scan the tag with Tagmo and I get the following output. (Name Of Amiibo/SomeID) Link/FFFFFFF. I then decided to use the Bin id changer from one of the posts and loaded that bin and wrote it. It dint work and still beeps and returns FFFFFF. Second thing I did was use a app that reads the MRFI (correct me if im wrong) type tags that Amiibo use and I found the FFF data in the first 3 lines. So I decided to change the data to the data to the data my mario amiibo contains. Now each scan returns Amiibo Name/TheId I put. Im entirely confused and tired after makig some edits to Tagmo.

If anyone can help that would be great!

Odven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe that tagmo is incompatible with the powersaves tag. I'm basing this off of personal experience. I've only been able to write blank tags with tagmo.

Omicronics

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I read other posts, give me a couple min to find them, but others wrote to them and they worked. Im debugging tagmo making sure its working correctly

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well I read other posts, give me a couple min to find them, but others wrote to them and they worked. Im debugging tagmo making sure its working correctly

if you could pull it off, please let us know. It would be great to have a working Tagmo app that is compatible with the Powertag..

Omicronics

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Update* The powertag contains 256 writable pages vs a standard 4 if i'm correct

Could someone dump the first 3 pages of the tag if you have FFFFFFF as the id

or a SSB Link id

what part of the bin dictates the UID? I believe the UID should be that of the Powertag

[82] (Lock2-Lock4, CHK)
[83] (CFG, MIRROR, AUTH0)
[84] (Access)
[85] (PWD0-PDW3)
[86] (Pack0-Pack1)

Anyone who owns a Powertag with Data on it, could you please dump the hex with MIFARE++ Ultralight app on Android and put the txt file here?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I rewrote the first 134 pages with the Mario amiibo I scanned manually, Tagmo identified the tag as Mario so thats good, sadly the switch did not. The switch reads a tag, but the beep occurs. If anyone has anything to add please do.

synik4l

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, I think you are boned. The way Tagmo writes tags is completely different than powersaves. They aren't meant to be mixed and matched. Powertags and powersave are made for rewrites. Tagmo is not. Also, tagmo reading mario doesn't mean much. I had a tag I made yesterday and accidentally moved it while writing and that card was borked after that. It read mario even though I scanned Toon Link. So sorry to say. I think you're just going to have to replace it. Or just go buy actual tags that work with tagmo. I used tagstand. Fast and cheap. They are not rewritable though but for as cheap as they are compared to powertags. Its worth it. Although, with that said I have power tags and tags I use with tagmo. Sometimes I wanna rewrite scan and rewrite again. Other amiibos I want to keep. So I use the other tags and tagmo for those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun +1