Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

laplacier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a speedrunner who has to practice a lot of tight spots in games for consistency, I would love to have some sort of save state feature similar to what emulators utilize that I can activate in a game.

xyxa

Dokoro
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
As a speedrunner who has to practice a lot of tight spots in games for consistency, I would love to have some sort of save state feature similar to what emulators utilize that I can activate in a game.
Like some sort of rewind feature for 3DS games? That sounds nice. I feel like that could be incorporated into something like NTR CFW if something like it hasn't already been implemented.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would defnitly love to see a:
-paint program like photoshop or gimp, that can output DDS format,
Or
-a png to dds converter

..would be nice dor some editing-on-the-go !

xyxa

Dokoro
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I would defnitly love to see a:
-paint program like photoshop or gimp, that can output DDS format,
Or
-a png to dds converter

..would be nice dor some editing-on-the-go !

A port of GIMP (or something similar) in and of itself would definitely be interesting to see (given that GIMP supports many file formats, including DDS if you include its plugin), especially since it is open source software. The only thing I see standing in the way of that is the 3DS's technical specs, but with enough optimization I'd say that there's almost always a possibility.

That being said, a png-to-dds converter would sound more practical, at least to me. Its a nice idea ^_^

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A port of GIMP (or something similar) in and of itself would definitely be interesting to see (given that GIMP supports many file formats, including DDS if you include its plugin), especially since it is open source software. The only thing I see standing in the way of that is the 3DS's technical specs, but with enough optimization I'd say that there's almost always a possibility.

That being said, a png-to-dds converter would sound more practical, at least to me. Its a nice idea ^_^
Could also be cool if it was a mod for art academy, to be able to edit dds directly in it :P

Reactions: xyxa

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might sound ugly, but could give it a shot.

Changing the size of the DS top screen when launching a DS game. The black bars do kinda bother me at most times and enlarging the screen to full would be okay.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I just noticed the lack of diversity with the game genres. RPG Maker is an example. Where's Platform Maker, Sports Maker, Racing Maker, Visual Novel Maker? Where's the FPS Maker so I could make a Call of Duty game out of it (Not possible to make one, but it's worth the try).

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
gta clone for the 3ds and a game engine and app like unity for making games on the 3ds so its easier for people to make homebrew and games thus more of homebrew some people want to make homebrew but its just to hard because you can't legally us unity for it

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
gzdoom or zdoom port

Kinda possible, but mods will run ssssssssssssllllllllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What about an app that shows a bootrom error on both screen to play jokes?

Or an independent video-player without relying on the in-build 3DS app?

D

Deleted User

Kinda possible, but mods will run ssssssssssssllllllllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What about an app that shows a bootrom error on both screen to play jokes?

Or an independent video-player without relying on the in-build 3DS app?

both are done and possible

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol