Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those are some pretty cool pictures.

It's too bad nintendo would never pick this up, because it'd make a pretty awesome new Zelda game.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

Looks nice but I hate Link's short hair and Zelda in general.

I like it, though.

donaldgx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good for fan-fiction i suppose. The only thing i dislike about his designs is the Hero's Sword. It looks really...... well, they are not that good

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I don't really like it. It doesn't look typically "post apocalyptic", just Zelda with some different art. Nothing struck me as "post apocalyptic" except for the cover art. Which even then kinda fell flat for me when Link's "shield" is a riot shield for the "Hyrule Police". Because apparently they can develop a police force and riot gear but fuck guns.

Plus their faces are kinda odd. Not because they're not "kawaii anime faces" but they're just odd. Zelda's also got a mean case of man face.

Reactions: 1 person

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo DID pick this up for a future idea, they'd have to tone it down a bit. But this is a really good idea.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a good thing that Ganon and Zelda have access to completely intact, snazzy formal wear in a destroyed, burnt out world.

I don't know; the art is certainly nice, but I doubt it would be enough to sustain an entire game.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eh, I don't really like it. It doesn't look typically "post apocalyptic", just Zelda with some different art. Nothing struck me as "post apocalyptic" except for the cover art. Which even then kinda fell flat for me when Link's "shield" is a riot shield for the "Hyrule Police". Because apparently they can develop a police force and riot gear but fuck guns.

Plus their faces are kinda odd. Not because they're not "kawaii anime faces" but they're just odd. Zelda's also got a mean case of man face.

Just because he doesn't have a hard to maintain, hard to keep stocked gun, doesn't mean they don't exist.

I know Fallout has bullets in every single container, desk, drawer, safe, etc, but that's not actually how things would work. A sword (or any melee weapon, really) is more realistic in a post apocalyptic scenario, unless it takes place in the US where you literally WOULD find bullets everywhere to use.
Even putting that aside, guns are also pretty...fragile...in reality. They do require some TLC after a while of use, which is another thing you'd have fun finding in a post-apocalyptic world. He'd have to pick up a new gun pretty often, which would likely already be halfway to disrepair, and he'd need different bullets for it most likely.
Though, yeah, I do think his "Sword" and shield are a little too shabby in the pictures.

aaand finally, I do agree with Zelda lacking some femininity. I'm sure she's gotta be all tough and tomboyish to survive, but her face needs some work.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like them better, you can't really have a post-apocalypse world with kawaii animu faces.
I see no reason not to. :P
Good for fan-fiction i suppose. The only thing i dislike about his designs is the Hero's Sword. It looks really...... well, they are not that good
It fit the idea of what they are going for. Also it not like they are the master sword.
aaand finally, I do agree with Zelda lacking some femininity. I'm sure she's gotta be all tough and tomboyish to survive, but her face needs some work.
I agree, but how would it be made more femininity? Smaller neck and face?

It would look like they need to chose the act style that is more "kawaii animu". The one that look the most princess-like is the one I'm referring to.

In the second source, it has different bowguns.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Skyward Sword in a way could also be considered post apocalyptic.
There's a lot of advanced high-tech scattered all around Lanayru desert and it's more obvious after Link is finally told about an almost End of the World war that occurred nearly a Millennium back. The people in Skyloft are totally unaware about the tech, except a few individuals. It kinda reminded me about Breath of Fire 3 with the last map taking place in a high-tech city, while the rest of the world is in a near feudal era.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
Because apparently they can develop a police force and riot gear but fuck guns.

Just because he doesn't have a hard to maintain, hard to keep stocked gun, doesn't mean they don't exist...A sword (or any melee weapon, really) is more realistic in a post apocalyptic scenario...

have any of you seen the movie The Book of Eli? having a sword there was totally believable, not to mention awesome, yet the guy with "power" and his lackeys had guns.

maybe a limited number of people control the remaining ammo. also, it could be that some monsters are impervious to bullets. maybe you'll get a magic shield that is impervious to bullets later on. gotta agree with Zelda having a manly face. maybe it's the hair.

all that being said, if i wanted to play something like a post-apocalyptic Zelda, I would play Crystalis for the NES.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo