N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scrolling Cave Story wallpaper:
1704254879928.png

It looks cool scrolling across the monitors. :)

Trophies
XP
Already posted in the Linux thread, might as well post here too :3

EndeavourOS, i3wm. I borrowed the polybar config, but I wrote basically everything else myself.

Screenshot-03_01_2024-12-17-06.png
Screenshot-03_01_2024-12-17-48.png

Also made a lil thing for animated wallpapers for when I'm in the mood for them.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Already posted in the Linux thread, might as well post here too :3
One of these days I’d like to try i3wm. Hanging around on Gnome because it does what I need.

Trophies
XP
One of these days I’d like to try i3wm. Hanging around on Gnome because it does what I need.

It's pretty good, you just gotta set it up the way you like, it just takes a while to do so. Though I suppose that's true for anything.

What I think turns a lot of people off from it is the fact that it's kinda ugly when you first launch it (and it's a little unintuitive if you havent been around the wm block before). I have my full config hosted in a private github repo, I wouldnt mind making it public in a day or so to share if you'd like some reference from it.

Reactions: Kioku
Trophies
XP
i3wm? why not KDE, or Xcfe?

I just prefer WMs by themselves since I'm more keyboard-centric, and also like window tiling. They're also more hackable (easier customizable) imo. Dont get me wrong, KDE and XFCE are great- just not exactly for me, especially considering some of my machines arent exactly rocking in the hardware department. Just makes it easier to run, ya know?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
macOS is honestly awesome.
As a Linux user for a hot minute, I’ve been enjoying it. It does have some Apple problems and annoyances but it’s at least not shoving ads into my OS and other nonsense of Windows

Last edited by The Catboy,

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As a Linux user for a hot minute, I’ve been enjoying it. It does have some Apple problems and annoyances but it’s at least not shoving ads into my OS and other nonsense of Windows
I've been mostly a Windows user throughout my entire life - before swiftly moving onto Linux because of how increasingly bloated Windows is, and the fact that there are so many unpatched vulnerabilities.

This one was very recent: https://arstechnica.com/security/20...-day-for-6-months-after-microsoft-knew-of-it/

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.