Possible to change Xbox region?

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
When trying to play Double Steal 2 (NTSC-J) on an American Xbox, the entire game is in English even though the Japanese content is on the disc and the Xbox language is set to Japanese. There's no in-game option to change either.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You could copy all the Jap audio files etc to the English folder and rename them to whatever the English audio files are named.
Theoretically, you could change the audio that way.

Another way is to load a Jap BIOS with PBL.

I never done anything like it before so don't take me word for it that it'll work.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I tried replacing files but no luck, and messing with the bios seems risky... One thing I noticed though is that the language I set in the official firmware doesn't carry over into UnleashX.

If I start GunValkyrie with the legit NTSC-U disc (no UnleashX) it's in Japanese since that's what I set my Xbox to, but if I run it through the backup loader it's in English. So I guess the question now is how to change the language in UnleashX? When I go into the options it only lets me choose English

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried replacing files but no luck, and messing with the bios seems risky... One thing I noticed though is that the language I set in the official firmware doesn't carry over into UnleashX.

If I start GunValkyrie with the legit NTSC-U disc (no UnleashX) it's in Japanese since that's what I set my Xbox to, but if I run it through the backup loader it's in English. So I guess the question now is how to change the language in UnleashX? When I go into the options it only lets me choose English

I don't think Xbox has a "total" replacement dashboard. Incorporating all possible options Microsoft did.

For reference here's some NTSC-U games that can use Japanese on American Xbox.
Dead or Alive 3
Halo 2
Mechassault 2
Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II
Project Gotham Racing 2
SVC Chaos
The King of Fighters 94 Re-Bout

Pretty sure it has more like Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog. But I'm getting off topic.

Last edited by Lumstar,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o