original xbox - spoof region on a per-game basis?

actualkoifish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I'm looking for a quick bit of info.

I've become used to running Japanese 3DS games on my US 3DS using custom firmware. With Luma Region Changer functionality, I can set games to run as if they are on a different region system. This means some games will run as expected of a Japanese system, despite being run on a US system.

Now then, I have recently started getting into original Xbox, and there are some interesting Japanese games that I want to play. However, in the case of, say, Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball, the disc I have is the Japanese release (NTSC-J), and yet running it on my NTSC-U Xbox, either off disc or off hard drive, runs it as if it is an NTSC-U release, with English menus/English warning at the beginning/etc.

Is this unusual in the world of Xbox, or do most games with NTSC releases behave as if they are being played from the region that matches the system on which they are being played (so in this case, even if it's an NTSC-J game it will run it as if it was NTSC-U)?

If so, is it possible to change the system behavior, so that it spoofs the region of the console to match the region of the game files? ie. Running an NTSC-J game as if it were on an NTSC-J console, even though it is actually an NTSC-U console. I'm running UnleashX as my custom dash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1