Modded og Xbox - Can't play PAL games

angelicshadowdemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Apologies, I mistakenly believed you were talking to SolidSonic and SylverReZ.

To sum up what you have been trying to tell me, I would need to download XBMC4Gamers from my pc and onto the console via USB (or FTP'ing, something I'm not familiar with) which would then be user-friendly enough to figure out from there (+ the reddit post you linked)? If yes, help on how to do the file transfer would be appreciated.

Thank you very much for your assistance raging_chaos, I'm very new to this so it may take a few explanations before I understand everything. I'm certainly trying though!

EDIT: Didn't see your addition to your post until after posting this.

Reactions: SylverReZ

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBAtemp merged my last two posts, I've been replying to all three of you.

It's hard to sum anything up for you since we don't even know what the state of your Xbox hack is or what stopped it from working, but in the end you do want to be on XBMC4Gamers if you want to be able to play all Xbox games regardless of video output and without having to manually switch modes every single time. The easiest way to approach it is to look at any modern XBOX softmod guide that uses Rocky5's tools and start over from step 1. I linked to a video in my last reply and it should give you an idea of the entire process.

Edit: Once you do get in there and have things working again if you see an old-school IDE HDD, then you might want to look into swapping that with a SATA HDD or SSD by using an IDE to SATA adapter as maintenance.

Last edited by raging_chaos,

angelicshadowdemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you, I can certainly give it a try when I get the necessary materials (would need the cable, might have a compatible usb around somewhere). I've watched about half the video, it certainly seems easy enough for me. Annoying about having to buy the cable but oh well, It'll be less time and money than trying to fix this wii console from the same store.

EDIT: Placed an order for a cable, based on the shipping time I won't be getting anywhere with this until September. Oh well!

Last edited by angelicshadowdemon,

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Believe me, it is ridiculously easy, so easy you'll be wondering why you didn't get an Xbox sooner. The only thing it takes is time and patience.

angelicshadowdemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Damn, just remembered I need a game for this to work and I presumably can't use PAL games... Please tell me if there's ones that would work even if they're PAL (given my situation) so I can at least get a good bargain on a game I likely won't ever play. (Pretty sure none of the donated games for xbox are compatable, but I'll double check later.)

Shipping from the US is expensive, dammit. Looks like my best bets are splinter cell and Mechassault (provided PAL will still work...)

Last edited by angelicshadowdemon,

SolidSonicTH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the FTP server I was using was the one embedded in UnleashX, that's sort of why I was asking. I would need to install another FTP host if I wanted to change the dash to one that doesn't have an embedded server.

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

angelicshadowdemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Welp, got an order for an NTSC version of splinter cell (platinum hits) coming in now. Hopefully it works... when it gets here (projected to arrive in december...).

angelicshadowdemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Finally all the little bits and bobs arrived and I had the time to properly sort this all out and in the process of trying to find out why the splinter cell game was considered wrong region even though it was the same as the working DAH2, I actually found the original softmod dual boot. Oops. (It was Xtreme or something like that. Ring light yellow and blue logo.) Got the game loaded through that and installed Rocky5.

At the very least I now have a softmod system installed that I can identify and use to play PAL games that works! Thanks everyone! Fifteen years later, Midtown Madness 3 here I come!

Reactions: raging_chaos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto