OG Xbox - What can be done if the DVD drive & HDD are broken?

cga8086

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two OG xboxes

1)The first OG xbox is pcb version 1.6 and it is hard modded with alladin xt modchip, and also the hard drive was replaced with a small sata laptop hard drive and a sata to ide controller. everything working and booting fine and games run.

2) The second OG xbox is an older model maybe 1.2 or older, it has NO modchip, NO DVD drive, NO Hard drive.

I want to know how can i revive the second OG xbox if it has NO DVD drive and NO Hard drive.

Should i buy a the same modchip and install it?

How can I copy the partitions of the HDD from the working Xbox and prepare a new HDD to have unleashX on the broken OG XBOX that has no DVD and no HDD ?

qzack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you have a Xbox with no DVD Drive & No Hard Drive your options are limited without buying additional stuff to get the console back up and running. A Modchip would work, I've also used a Raspberry PI3 to extract the EEProm information off of a Xbox motherboard so I can use a HDD on that board. The DVD drives on a OG Xbox are not married to the board like PS3's & 360's so you could buy one used and just put it in. I think you also have to set the Bios as "NO DVD" if you plan on using the console with no drive.

I've built a HDD without a file system. I know there is a PC program out there that will do this and build out all the partitions.
I can't remember the name but I used it to build the partitions on a HDD and then dumped a img backup on top of this and it worked, the xbox booted. So you could backup the one drive you have working, make a img backup of the entire drive, use the PC program to build out the partitions and dump the img backup on that drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Being a snake lady probably makes shopping hard...