Hacking Question [Poll] Do you want the Nintendo Switch hacked, No or Yes?

Do you want the Nintendo Switch hacked?

• No

Votes: 114 20.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 443 79.4%

• Total voters

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that quote tho can be back fired, and there is one hell of a lot of folk that will not ever buy anything if they can get it free, this is not just games.

i just think when people claim piracy has no impact on a console or that just because they dont want to admit, or even claim they delete this 7-20+GB game and then buy it because they like it.... i honestly do find that hard to beleive, you may buy the game im not sure.

but i do find it hard to beleive, i can say tho that i have recently started buying alot of the 360/ps3 games that i had as backups but thats only recently like a few quid here or there.

but if they were £30-£40 id not bother.
I mean hey, I get your doubt, there are many people who will pirate all and contribute none, and they do detract quite a bit, that's why I'm saying I want the hacks to hold off for a year or 2 so the community can become larger and the impact of piracy lessen
if ya need proof I could show ya some of my digital receipts that date after my posts of having modded my system on here but I'm unsure if that would be an issue so I won't include them in this post

Reactions: Deleted User

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah i asked you first
well there was the answer i put to yours, then ask yourself if you think it has no effect, says this is your business, your money invested, do you still think people stealing your game has no effect on your business.

do you think this will have an impact on your decision to support the console if it already has little return for third parties.

piracy has an impact on devs, if a console has no devs then it has an impact on the console.

lets take the wii u as a perfect example to why it failed...... no dev support.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol @ you

give me an example of a console that would have been better off without piracy and ill believe you

Any answer to this would be speculation. Could just as easily ask you, "Give me an example of a console that wouldn't have been more successful if it weren't for piracy?"

As my grandma used to say, "If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle."

gamecube emulator yes, early piracy no

Unless you intend to just have a GCN emulator on your Switch without ever loading an iso, that's piracy too.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

Dork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well there was the answer i put to yours, then ask yourself if you think it has no effect, says this is your business, your money invested, do you still think people stealing your game has no effect on your business.
theoretically you are correct, however the reality is due to the barrier of entry to mod a console in order to pirate, the amount of users who actually pirate is an insignificant amount portion of all customers who bought whatever console. so whatever loss piracy has done is so minuscule there is no major impact on the consoles success.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any answer to this would be speculation.
you are correct, the topic at hand is inherently speculative

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the piracy side the same thing could be said to the Vita. The PSVita somewhat started out ok, but became a disaster years later. It didn't regain interest until it was "Hacked' people would buy a vita just to hack it themselves or
even buy Sony's expensive memory cards to hold the games. Out of all the rambling rants about piracy I have yet seen a negative impact towards any console. Lack of console support is the true console killer which repels potential buyers blaming hackers b/c the devs can't do their jobs is a laughable reason. Devs have plenty of time to promote/motivate our interests

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theoretically you are correct, however the reality is due to the barrier of entry to mod a console in order to pirate, the amount of users who actually pirate is an insignificant amount portion of all customers who bought whatever console. so whatever loss piracy has done is so minuscule there is no major impact on the consoles success.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you are correct, the topic at hand is inherently speculative
and back to my point of quoting you.

keep telling yourself that lie.

yes a game can sell millions if it sells well, but you know those that pirate would likely double this sales figure if they didnt pirate.

when it comes to nintendo, third partys get little return on releasing games for nintendo systems, why do you think they dont support them as much as they do the other systems.

so knowing its going to be a risk, your not going to invest more money when piracy is an issue.

Raibakuoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
and back to my point of quoting you.

keep telling yourself that lie.

yes a game can sell millions if it sells well, but you know those that pirate would likely double this sales figure if they didnt pirate.

when it comes to nintendo, third partys get little return on releasing games for nintendo systems, why do you think they dont support them as much as they do the other systems.

so knowing its going to be a risk, your not going to invest more money when piracy is an issue.

Thats because NintendoFans only bought nintendo games
There's little to 0 interest in other games, sure Nintendo stills selling consoles and getting a profit
Third parties get nothing, so they release nothing

On (Original)XBOX, PS3 and PSP, that was never a problem, the people bought the 3rd party games,and pirate them, so they dont drop the support.

Blame the enjoyable games of Nintendo and their fanbase that plays nothing but Ninty games for the lack of third party support, but not piracy.

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
Honestly, I don't really care about Switch getting hacked. I have my PC for emulators, and my phone covers all my "homebrew" needs.
Buying games is not really a problem for me. Yes, my 3DS is hacked and so is my Wii U, but guess how many pirated games I played on them? Zero.

TBH, I think that nowadays homebrew is kind of overrated. iOS/Android, PCs and cheap single-board computers like RPi are almost everywhere, you can run any code you want using completely official SDKs and documentation provided by platform manufacturer.
And while it's nice to have emulators and other stuff on Switch, you don't really need that.

Thanks. I didn't know what had been done with the kernal part I've not really been following this news so I have corrected the op.

Edit: I thought Derrek made it known he had "kernal access" on his twitter page? :unsure:

It's "kernel", not "kernal". Seriously, why so many people write this word like that? So annoying.
He wrote "we got the kernel", not "kernel access". That means that they successfully dumped the kernel binary, and nothing more.

Last edited by pcm720,
Reactions: Reecey

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG!! I FORGOT NANDBAK.BIN AND DOWNGRADED!! BUT DOWNGRADE I TURNED OFF WHILE IT. NOW BLACK SCREEN WWHEN I TURN IT ON. HELP!!!!!!

Your icon made this comment a lot better.

But, on this poll, I say yes. Not now, but when I'm able to walk into a store and just buy a Switch, then I want it to be able to be hacked.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Wii U failed before it even hit the market.

They shouldn't have called it Wii U. Somewhere in the Japanese version of common sense that must've seemed like a good idea, but it was a tragically bad move. The Wii U had legit flaws that killed it with 'hardcore' gamers, but the name "Wii U" killed it with casual moms and dads because a name like that suggests there's nothing new. People assumed it was just a revision, just as they did with the 3DS. Why buy your kid a "Wii U" when he's already got a "Wii" and he doesn't play with it anymore? It's incredible to me that Nintendo didn't learn that lesson from the 3DS's slow start, but perhaps they were in a managerial disarray at the time w/ Iwata's death. Who knows?

Last edited by Hanafuda,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but I don't want it to be like the Wii U where it was "hacked" for four years and nothing came to fruition until 2016. Dollars to donuts that's gonna be the case, so by my calculations, no viable hacks until 2021.

See, like the Wii U hack, it'll be held in private, spitefully, until 2021.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
As long as Nintendo make their consoles easy to hack, there's no stopping it to be hacked. Though not sure if hackers are getting smarter or Nintendo is getting lazy...

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What a stupid poll, 90% of the people here will vote yes anyways.
You asked a hacking community if it wants a console hacked.
Just think about that for a moment.
Not necessarily! I wasn't sure where to post the thread at first tbh and I didn't think it would be correct in the games... or the console... sections and if I put it in any other section it probably would of not been seen so I thought it was best in Hacking & Homebrew also members don't have to be bias, they might be reading the hacking & homebrew section mainly hoping they might find a new post explaining how the hacks are now dead and cannot be progressed any further in the future! it can happen and has in the past.

Last edited by Reecey,
D

Deleted User

(Retrobaka is here, oh no)
Well, I don't care. If it gets pirated, attacked, nuked, I will still play it and buy games for it.
AND HACKED CONSOLE DOESN'T MEAN PIRACY. Jesus, you guys are weird.

Reactions: pcm720

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I have lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I havent watched Brotherhood yet
    It was watchable, not sure what my favorite Anime is hmmm
    Castlevania or Baki probably
    Robotech was good
    DBZ I liked up until Cell after that it got too weird
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My youtube comment got 2k likes achievement unlocked
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also watch my hero academia and rewatching dragón ball starting from the og series
    Oh also loved Vanhellsing
    And Vanhellsing abridged lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking