Pokkén Tournament Launches Exclusively for Wii U on March 18

0._mainvisual_with_logo_CMYK_300dpi_webready.jpg

Nintendo News: Pokkén Tournament Launches Exclusively for Wii U on March 18.
Pokkén Tournament, the upcoming game that lets players battle as prized Pokémon in fighting arenas, will launch exclusively for Wii U on March 18 at a suggested retail price of $59.99. Pokkén Tournament brings high-definition game play and over-the-top action to never-before-seen battles between some of the most recognizable Pokémon characters.

People that buy the first production run version of the game will also receive a special Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card, which can be tapped to the Wii U GamePad controller to unlock the Shadow Mewtwo playable character in the game.

Pokkén Tournament brings high-definition game play and over-the-top action to never-before-seen battles between some of the most recognizable Pokémon characters.

:arrow:Pokkén Tournament Official Site

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Do I really need to be absolutely blunt? *smh* That kind of matters because then the next months are deserted without any Wii U releases which would have made sense to release it later.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Quality > Quantity

You really want another Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash? *sigh*
I couldn't care less. No one forces me to buy games i'm not interested in.

You also just contradicted yourself (again), hence i see no further point in arguing with you especially after i saw what you deem as quality games.

Hyperstar96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the people who are still arguing about what "exclusive" means (despite the fact that the Wii U version is the only way to own the game without paying thousands of dollars): This announcement is coming from Nintendo of America and Europe, where the arcade version doesn't exist. The arcade version is Japan-only.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I couldn't care less. No one forces me to buy games i'm not interested in.

You also just contradicted yourself (again), hence i see no further point in arguing with you especially after i saw what you deem as quality games.
Again? Please point out where I contradicted myself.

I suppose if you think Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, Mario Party 10, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars and Kirby: Rainbow Paintbrush are great games then OK, enjoy them. You could drop that hostile attitude that you have, Lyserg.

EDIT:

To the people who are still arguing about what "exclusive" means (despite the fact that the Wii U version is the only way to own the game without paying thousands of dollars): This announcement is coming from Nintendo of America and Europe, where the arcade version doesn't exist. The arcade version is Japan-only.
It's an "exclusive" in the west but not an exclusive in its true definition.

Last edited by ,

Hyperstar96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, Mario Party 10, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars and Kirby: Rainbow Paintbrush
♪One of these is not like the others♪

It's an "exclusive" in the west but not an exclusive in its true definition.
Then fly to Japan and pay thousands of dollars for a Japanese arcade cabinet with less content.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Then fly to Japan and pay thousands of dollars for a Japanese arcade cabinet with less content.
Since arcade machines now a days run off an internet type of service the arcade version can be updated with all of the extra console content over time.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It's a smartphone game which in itself is good but released on the wrong platform.

Doesn't deny the fact that it's not exclusive. An exclusive means it's solely available on one platform, system, device and so on.

It's an "exclusive" in the regard that people in the west will be able to play Pokkén Tournament on their console so in this case I agree.

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
At last! a game where fights are more epic like in the anime than a RPG turn based game!.....now that the anime is a joke of it's former self. Sadly, I am bad at fighting games, but well... let's see how munch $$$ will costs when released. It's looking awesome so far!

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love it when kids pretend they know better and throw in terms (Console Exclusive) that never existed.

The fact that the article had to even write "Exclusive" in the first place so many times makes it seem desperate. Like no shit of course this isn't going to appear on PS4 and Xbox One, why did it felt the need to clarify this was going to be exclusive to Wii U? (Which is still factually incorrect)

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love it when kids pretend they know better and throw in terms (Console Exclusive) that never existed.

The fact that the article had to even write "Exclusive" in the first place so many times makes it seem desperate. Like no shit of course this isn't going to appear on PS4 and Xbox One, why did it felt the need to clarify this was going to be exclusive to Wii U? (Which is still factually incorrect)
Because it's pokemon. You don't want people thinking it's going on the 3ds. "Oh it's pokemon, so it'll show up on the 3ds too probably"

My guess is to help avoid that, plus make it sound fancy. All the other games on other consoles say it! I kid, it's probably just the first reason.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it's pokemon. You don't want people thinking it's going on the 3ds. "Oh it's pokemon, so it'll show up on the 3ds too probably"

My guess is to help avoid that, plus make it sound fancy. All the other games on other consoles say it! I kid, it's probably just the first reason.
That's actually the best reasoning I've heard so far. The Pokemon series has started on a handheld and is primarily a portable gaming series. Since there are more 3DS owners than Wii U that is pretty safe to cover themselves like that.

If this gets enough sales watch them port it to 3DS like they did with Hyrule Warriors.

Hyperstar96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since arcade machines now a days run off an internet type of service the arcade version can be updated with all of the extra console content over time.
Technically, yes, but we all know that won't happen.
It's a smartphone game which in itself is good but released on the wrong platform.
And what exactly makes it a smartphone game? Touch controls?
It's an "exclusive" in the regard that people in the west will be able to play Pokkén Tournament on their console so in this case I agree.
I'm glad we're on the same page.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

And what exactly makes it a smartphone game? Touch controls?
Touchscreen controls and only playable on the GamePad (using the stylus on the GamePad and looking at the TV doesn't really work out very well).

I'm glad we're on the same page.
Likewise. Another example, Godzilla PS4 (2015) which a lot don't know but it was first released in Japan on 2014 and then the next year in the west. The game isn't very good anyway so rather just play War of the Monsters (PS2) instead.

EDIT: Removed 'many'.

Last edited by ,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IpsoFact0

Is it my fault you take a day at a time to respond? You must have a short attention span.

I'm still waiting for that proof where you read that it's Console Exclusive. Don't turn this around on me and get ADD either, stay on topic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol