Hardware Pokemon Y (US) game turn (Jap)..... help

N2JL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 3ds. One is a US 3ds xl and i recently got a Japanese 3ds with 4.3.0 firmware for gateway. Now we know that 3ds are region lock so if you put a US game on a Japanese 3ds you cant see the game. So i installed gateway and blah blab blah it works. I made a backup copy of my US Pokemon y to play on my Japanese 3ds. I put the game in my Japanese 3ds and it shows up in the gateway classic mode. So i made a backup copy of it.
Now...
something happen.. when i play the rom the rom became japanese... so i put in my original us copy in classic mode and it reads it as a japanese pokemon y. so i shut down my japanese 3ds and turn it back on and in the none gateway mode it shows the pokemon game cartridge in japanese..

But i can't play it in my mode on my japanese 3ds. But i can still play it on my 3ds xl.

Has anyone encounter this problem? help

sorry i posted on the wrong sub forum

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed with Japanese region free that the Japanese 3ds will load a different header (image on top screen) for games if it can. Games like Ocarina of Time 3d and Kid Icarus uprising, even if US games, will show a Japanese header when put in the system. You should, however, be able to run the games fine.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
it's nothing specific to running the games on a japanese 3ds... i have had the same can happen on other regions of 3ds. :)
if the rom you are playing has the contains a banner and a title for the other region then, it will show up :)
nothing to be afraid of :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out