Hacking Another Yo-kai Watch 4 Save Editor (NS)

bqsantanatwo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone!

I'm developing a new Yo-kai Watch 4 save editor for the NS version of the game (untested with other versions).

Features:

• Money
  • Crank-a-kai Actual and Max attempts
  • Main Characters Name
  • Localization (Map, XYZ Position)
  • Yokai (Lv, Skills, Additional Stats)
  • Consumable Items
  • Main Characters (Lv, Skills, Additional Stats)
  • Equipment Items
Planned Future Features:
  • Consumable Items
  • Main Characters (Lv, Skills, Additional Stats)
  • Equipment Items
  • Generic Soul Items
  • Yokai Soul Items
  • Soul Trading Yokais

Bugs:
  • When replacing Main Characters, there will be a duplicate slot and one slot will be hidden, you can still select your hidden character using L and R. Fixed (0.2.1).
  • When replacing yo-kais, some of them will crash your game, if it happens, remove the slot that broke your game and use a new one for that yo-kai. Fixed (0.2.1).

Observations:
  • Please, create a backup for your save file.
  • Injecting a new Yokai will not add them to the "Yokai Dex" app.
  • Yokai Stats are calculated in game depending on your Yokai levels and internal Base Stats.
  • The "Stat enhancement" points are accessible through the Yokai monkey app. (But it doesn't work for main characters. Main characters additional stats is only possible through save hacking/modding)
  • If you check "Unhealthy List" it will show you the complete list of "Yokais" including main characters, enemies, etc.
  • If you don't know what Skills to use, the "Load Yokai Skills" button will select the complete set of skills for the current Yokai, be aware that not all available "Yokai" has skills.
  • Skills names were based on the translation project presented by the user DrgnMasterKota, credits to him.
  • Headersave or System data.bin aren't supported. You need the Autosave or Userdata data.bin.
  • If you have any suggestion or some error occurred, leave it here or send me a message.
  • Have fun.
Info and Download:

Extra Stuff (Yokai Data):

Last edited by bqsantanatwo,

bqsantanatwo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Brazil
how can i use it?
1. Dump your save data, you can do it using Checkpoint.
2. Open the editor and load your save file, you will need the Autosave or Userdata data.bin.
3. After your alterations remember to save a new file.
4. Transfer your new save file back to the console, you can do it easily using FTPD.
5. Restore it using Checkpoint.
6. Test it.

JoshEB2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I know don't develop the game and all but I was wondering, if you spawn in yo-kai such as raidenryu (unobtainable yo-kai) your game crashes. I'm not sure if you have a solution, but if you do, what do you do to fix it?

bqsantanatwo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Brazil
¿Alguien puede ayudarme con un yokai watch 4 guardar archivo es que el mío fue dañado por favor
Can you tell me in detail what did happen and the changes that you did? If you send me your save file I can try to fix it.

Hey, I know don't develop the game and all but I was wondering, if you spawn in yo-kai such as raidenryu (unobtainable yo-kai) your game crashes. I'm not sure if you have a solution, but if you do, what do you do to fix it?
Happened the same here, if I try to use Raidenryu on a new slot it works fine, but if I try to replace a existing slot with Raidenryu it fails (crash). So for now try to create a new slot for it and remove the old slot that you had selected Raidenryu or just replace it with a obtainable yo-kai. I'll try to fix the issue when replacing yo-kais with Raidenryu.

I cant open the save editor. anyone know why?
What happens when you open it?

Sephiroth12332

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you tell me in detail what did happen and the changes that you did? If you send me your save file I can try to fix it.

Happened the same here, if I try to use Raidenryu on a new slot it works fine, but if I try to replace a existing slot with Raidenryu it fails (crash). So for now try to create a new slot for it and remove the old slot that you had selected Raidenryu or just replace it with a obtainable yo-kai. I'll try to fix the issue when replacing yo-kais with Raidenryu.

What happens when you open it?
sorry for not replying i dont have my computer rn but i do remember that it just wouldn't open nothing happened when i double clicked the file even with administrator.

bqsantanatwo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Reactions: Dipreis

jewelmahou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
EDIT: I found out the reason why this was happening. I didn't have the latest version of the game installed, and I didn't realize that until now... kind of dumb of me but now I know lol

Though this means people who don't have the ++ expansion won't be able to use the save editor. I recommend you clarify that in your post. Otherwise, thanks for developing this tool. It already has some neat features that I'm having too much fun with, and there's still more to come! Excited for the next update!

I get this error when clicking the Yo-kai Collection tab and Main Characters tab. Food/Consumables tab displays incorrect values. My friend can use this editor just fine though. Maybe it is an issue when I haven't unlocked all of the playable characters yet? Because during the story it locks you to a specific character/set of characters, maybe that's causing an issue.

1658581334123.png

Last edited by jewelmahou,

jewelmahou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
EDIT: Malwarebytes is detecting this new feature as a malware called MachineLearning/Anomalous.100% too. There's a dll MXQ.dll that didn't exist in the previous version and it's detecting it as a threat. Same with another friend who's antivirus is detecting it as WIN32.LOCALINFECT.2. Thanks a lot. 🖕🖕🖕

1659233273754.png

I downloaded version 0.3 and.. wtf is this?

The download link gives absolutely NO indication of this political quotes feature, unless you go to the website's about page, which most people won't bother to do if the only thing they're looking for is the save editor.

If you want to advocate for your beliefs, then that's your right and your business. But there's still a place and a time where it's appropriate, and a place and a time where it's not. It's very frowned upon to insert this stuff where people are not looking for political discussion. We want to play with our YW4 save data, if we want to talk about politics, we do so where people are actively looking for it.

This isn't cool.

1659232256431.png

Last edited by jewelmahou,
Reactions: Grova and Goldy5009

purplewolfabc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great save editor, almost everything could be edited. i'm wondering if the figures of yo-kai could be added which would definitely help player with other languages. And thank you for the very very very useful tool!

MeoChan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As previously stated in the above replies, you'll need to have the 4++ expansion to make this editor works.
But for my case, I DO HAVE the expansion as well as all DLCs and the latest update installed.
I think this has something to do with my save file being created prior to 4++. I had to delete my save files and create a new one in 4++ to make the editor works.

1679792505815.png

It seems that equipment editing is not working. Adding, replacing, and removing are all not working properly. The replaced/removed equipment will be back once you saved it and reload it.
I've noticed that if you scroll down the list then you'll see ANOTHER SET of your current equipment which you can't edit.
I'm wondering if this is the reason why equipment editing is not working properly.

Attachments

• 1679694257703.png
    1679694257703.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited by MeoChan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)