Pokemon Presents August 3rd - new details about Scarlet and Violet

The latest Pokemon Presents broadcast is here. Let's check out what The Pokemon Company has in store for its fans, by going through each of the announcements made.

The Pokemon World Championships will be taking place August 18 to August 21st, in the UK. There will be competitions for the TCG, Pokken, and the mainline games. New to the event will be competitive Pokemon Go and Pokemon Unite.

Pokemon Go Fest will be taking place in Japan, though there will also be global events. There's a new incense that can attract Pokemon not normally found in your area, and even legendaries.

Additionally, Pokemon Unite's first anniversary is taking place. There's new Pokemon and features. The Pika Party starts today, which is a quick battle where everything and everyone are Pikachu. Buzzswole is joining the roster, alongside five more, including Glaceon, Tyranitar, and three other unannounced Pokemon. There's special login outfits for Pikachu, Blastoise, Sylveon, Snorlax, and Lucario.

Pokemon Masters EX is also having an anniversary--its third. This month, the game is adding a Trainer Lodge.

Pokemon Cafe ReMix adds Mewtwo as a staff Pokemon, if you satisfy him with a good meal.

Now for what you've been waiting for. Scarlet and Violet. The legendaries turn into bikes now. They can also fly. And surf. There's lots of footage of returning Pokemon, the new towns and trainers, and some of the online co-op. There's crystalized-looking Pokemon in what appear to be raids.

Miraidon and Koraidon are the legendaries that you ride. They grow wheels when you climb onto them, or gliders when you fly with them.

The game takes place at a school, in Scarlet it's Naranja Academy, in Violet, it's Uva Academy. You'll be studying there where you'll be tasked to go on a treasure hunt. You can challenge gyms in whatever order you want. There's other stories you can involve yourself in, too. Your teachers and peers are important characters and rivals.

Wooper gets a Paldean form, where he's muddy and poisonous.

Fidough is a new dog Pokemon. Cetitan is another new one, who is a large metallic defensive looking Pokemon.

This region makes Pokemon shine like gems--this can give them a power up. Some even change their typing.

Raids return. You don't have to wait for your allies this time.

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Think about it people...
Pokemon battles...on motorcycles !
Don't like the new mario kart DLC ?
Well you can race your friends online...
By riding your pokemon !
Hmm...why has there not been a pokemon racing game ?
Seems perfect for the official VGC.

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Card games on motorcycles no fricken way... but in all seriousness they basically just black faced/bodied wooper and called it a day. Also has anyone read the dex entry for pidough it sounds like they just described a dick the whole time.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nah thanks, Coromon is completely satisfying me currently.
Also the "shiny" mechanics (aka "potential" as its named there) is waaay better than in Pokémon imho and it also connects with the stats. So if I catch a perfect shiny, it also has perfect stats and there's a few ways to raise up the odds.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah thanks, Coromon is completely satisfying me currently.
Also the "shiny" mechanics (aka "potential" as its named there) is waaay better than in Pokémon imho and it also connects with the stats. So if I catch a perfect shiny, it also has perfect stats and there's a few ways to raise up the odds.
i'm thinking of buying it off eshop to pass the time since temteem seems to be a nogo

Reactions: lordelan

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the point of challange the gym in any order if the level don't fucking scale?
To give the illusion of choice in which order you have to play because they still have not hired anyone new at Gamefreak that can create a scaling system in their games.

That said it makes me wonder if that is the case does that mean in the far areas of the game do the scales of wild pokemon also increase? In that case I'll just catch some level 40+ shit and steamroll the other gyms in that case.

mlgfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was wondering if people would be able to mod the game to be more "cel-shaded"/Anime-like (I don't know what to call it) like Sword and Shield?
I hate the way it looks now and think the Anime-style of SW/SH is way more fitting.
Or is it too soon to say?

yashar13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys... I am a big Pokémon fan but... these 3d games are just garbage. They lost everything from the 1-2-3 gen. Just give me back good old 2d Pokémon games!!!!!

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Details about scarlet and violet....

Its going to contain gameplay that should have been in arceus, but we crapped that empty map repetitive pile of crap to fund these titles, knowing fans will be stupid enough to rush out and buy it.... hell it worked for BoTW.

Now thanks to the feedback from this tech demo, we will actually include shit into the game.

Ohh, but we will still continue to lock content out of the game so we can milk more money and release two versions.

Yes nintendo, that is why your games deserver to be hacked, why the fuck should people still keep paying twice for the same game just for the sake of your shit poorly designed pokemon, when we can cheat and unlock every single pokemon.

Daft how some claim against other companies over things such as dlc thats already included on their game, yet nintendo have been getting away with this since the very first pokemon.

If its on the game itself, then you should have access to it, not pay to access what you have already paid for and it be hidden behind a paywall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty