Pokemon Presents showcase confirmed for August 8th

1691162749937.png

Originally uncovered last week via a Pokemon Masters datamine, a 35 minute Pokemon Presents showcase has been confirmed by The Pokemon Company's official Twitter account. With the last showcase in February featuring both the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet DLC and the Pokemon Trading Card Game Classic that are set to launch this year, we can expect to see further details and perhaps a more concrete release date. The neon branding used in the tweet is also fairly unique, possibly tying into the branding used for the Detective Pikachu movie.

The showcase is set to go live at 6am PDT (2pm BST).

:arrow: Source

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Legends is clearly not a spin-off, it's just a bit different from the formula we are used to.
https://pokemondb.net/pokebase/411291/is-legends-arceus-a-spin-off-game#:~:text=It's not a spin-off,the Main Games in Japan.

I am not bragging about detail I am just stating what I have observed.
And I see no reason why Gamefreak would release a third set of remakes on the switch when the next system is just around the corner.

The only way I could possibly see them doing that is if they do a cross-gen release, but that would be the first for the franchise so it isn't something I think anyone should expect.
Sorry, but the only argument i saw in this is that it uses the same name as the core series in japanese (pocket monster for core serie games instead of pokemon for the spin off). Same on sites like bulbapedia, it seems to be their main argument. As for the link you gave, sorry but... the "best reply" has 2 upvotes... I cant consider that as an official statement or anything reliable, i hope you can understand?
It is indeed not the formula we are used to, which kinda is a big point as to why I don't consider it as a core game, and im pretty sure im not the only one.
As i said earlier, and long before that too, im pretty sure Legends will become a new spin off series

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, but the only argument i saw in this is that it uses the same name as the core series in japanese (pocket monster for core serie games instead of pokemon for the spin off). Same on sites like bulbapedia, it seems to be their main argument. As for the link you gave, sorry but... the "best reply" has 2 upvotes... I cant consider that as an official statement or anything reliable, i hope you can understand?
It is indeed not the formula we are used to, which kinda is a big point as to why I don't consider it as a core game, and im pretty sure im not the only one.
As i said earlier, and long before that too, im pretty sure Legends will become a new spin off series

Well being that it follows the naming standard, it has compatibility with Pokemon home, it allows you to catch, battle and trade Pokémon, it ties in with the stories of the other main-line games.
You catch Pokémon using poke balls. It has turn-based battles that are very similar to the traditional style. You work towards completing a Pokédex.

Here's even more sources that consider it mainline:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokémon_(video_game_series)
https://www.serebii.net/pokemon/mainseries.shtml
https://nintendo.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_games

I mean, unless you have any stronger arguments for why it should be considered a spin-off..

And even if it becomes a series of it's own, it does not need to be considered a spin-off series.
It could just be a different branch of main-line.

Last edited by DaniPoo,

ZachariasBarnham

Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Despite the fact that I bought the DLC for Violet, I legitimately cannot be more disinterested in news that would not address the fact that they released a buggy mess. The fixes helped, but I had to start a new game just so I can experience the Elite Four and Top Champion battle music like it was intended. No Pokemon League rematches? What's up with that?

I'm more interested in mods. Luminescent Platinum is a great one if you've got BD/SP.

Reactions: Scarlet

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Between the numerous faults of gen 8/9, and that the ds generation of games were what almost had me swear off the franchise for good, the let's go games are still the only Pokemon games I would even touch.

Still waiting on a new game with a complete Pokedex being possible.

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I like how there isn't a seperate news thread for the announcements yet... although it makes sense since honestly nothing was really announced other than merch and release dates for Detective Pikachu Returns and the S&V DLC lmao.

AsPika2219

Pikachu going beach!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Enjoy!

First DLC was released at September 13, 2023 and the second DLC was still TBA right now.
There are more, visit Serebii website for info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol