Pokemon Presents showcase confirmed for August 8th

1691162749937.png

Originally uncovered last week via a Pokemon Masters datamine, a 35 minute Pokemon Presents showcase has been confirmed by The Pokemon Company's official Twitter account. With the last showcase in February featuring both the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet DLC and the Pokemon Trading Card Game Classic that are set to launch this year, we can expect to see further details and perhaps a more concrete release date. The neon branding used in the tweet is also fairly unique, possibly tying into the branding used for the Detective Pikachu movie.

The showcase is set to go live at 6am PDT (2pm BST).

:arrow: Source

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I want: Another Legends game, preferably on Johto or Unova

What we will actually get: Info on the new Detective Pikachu game, info on the S/V DLC. It's only 35 minutes, there is absolutely ZERO chance we'll see a new game announced.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I want: Another Legends game, preferably on Johto or Unova

What we will actually get: Info on the new Detective Pikachu game, info on the S/V DLC. It's only 35 minutes, there is absolutely ZERO chance we'll see a new game announced.
If there really is a game, it's probably gonna be a teaser, like when gen 9 got announced. We only had a painting of the starters with someone from the pokemon company saying a new generation was coming

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Originally uncovered last week via a Pokemon Masters datamine, a 35 minute Pokemon Presents showcase has been confirmed by The Pokemon Company's official Twitter account. With the last showcase in February featuring both the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet DLC and the Pokemon Trading Card Game Classic that are set to launch this year, we can expect to see further details and perhaps a more concrete release date. The neon branding used in the tweet is also fairly unique, possibly tying into the branding used for the Detective Pikachu movies.

The showcase is set to go live at 6am PDT (2pm BST).

:arrow: Source
Detective Pikachu movies? I'm only aware of one.
However, this branding could be a hint towards a sequel. That would make me very happy if so.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Detective Pikachu movies? I'm only aware of one.
However, this branding could be a hint towards a sequel. That would make me very happy if so.
Whoops, good catch there! Think I got a bit mixed up with the second Detective Pikachu game being announced earlier this year.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Honestly it's hard to get excited about these anymore, with the recent disappointments from TPC. And yet I watch these presentations anyways.
I expect nothing more than DLC news and mobile game updates, though I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Now, if they were to rerelease Pokémon Colosseum, or Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness... (I know they never will, but I'd buy them immediately.)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was some backlash over artstyle, I wonder if they are going to try to be faithful again or use the latest Pokemon engine, when we finally get Black and White.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it finally happening? Black/White Remake for switch!? :ninja:

I bet they will save that one for the next system, the Switch already had Gen1 and Gen4 remakes plus 2 new generations as well as Legends Arceus. I don't think we ever got this much Pokemon for one system, so I really don't expect them to release any more Pokemon game for the Switch.

But you know, they might already work on it for the next system, given that they are basically a part of Nintendo, develop "system sellers" and the new system is going to need launch titles.
I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that they got their devkits ahead of most other devs.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I don't think we ever got this much Pokemon for one system
Man, you really be forgetting about Nintendo DS, huh?

Diamond
Pearl
Platinum
Black
White
HeartGold
SoulSilver
Conquest
All 3 Ranger games
The 4 Mystery Dungeon games
Trozei
Dash
The Japanese TCG game (don't know if that counts)

It's the greatest number of games released for a system, more than the Switch, and people seem to forget or omit that.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Diamond
Pearl
Platinum
Black
White
HeartGold
SoulSilver
Conquest
All 3 Ranger games
Trozei
Dash

It's the greatest number of games released for a system, more than the Switch, and people seem to forget or omit that.
You forgot Black 2 and White 2 and Learn with Pokémon: Typing Adventure ;)
Pokemon Ranger was great. We need more unique spinoffs like that.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country

Diamond
Pearl
Platinum
Black
White
HeartGold
SoulSilver
Conquest
All 3 Ranger games
Trozei
Dash

I was not talking about spin off titles. And also I don't really count Diamond, Pearl and platinum as 3 different games but rather 3 different versions of the same game.

so when I compare DS and Switch it will look like this

DS:
DPP
BW
BW2
HGSS

Switch:
SwSh
Let's Go
BR&SP
Legends
SV

And then you should also remember that Black and White 2 takes place in the same region as Black and white and reused a lot of assets so that definitely sped up development time.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was not talking about spin off titles. And also I don't really count Diamond, Pearl and platinum as 3 different games but rather 3 different versions of the same game.

so when I compare DS and Switch it will look like this

DS:
DPP
BW
BW2
HGSS

Switch:
SwSh
Let's Go
BR&SP
Legends
SV

And then you should also remember that Black and White 2 takes place in the same region as Black and white and reused a lot of assets so that definitely sped up development time.
If you want to brag about details, legends is a spinoff then

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to brag about details, legends is a spinoff then
Legends is clearly not a spin-off, it's just a bit different from the formula we are used to.
https://pokemondb.net/pokebase/411291/is-legends-arceus-a-spin-off-game#:~:text=It's not a spin-off,the Main Games in Japan.

I am not bragging about detail I am just stating what I have observed.
And I see no reason why Gamefreak would release a third set of remakes on the switch when the next system is just around the corner.

The only way I could possibly see them doing that is if they do a cross-gen release, but that would be the first for the franchise so it isn't something I think anyone should expect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?