ROM Hack Pokémon Platinum - A little more English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaywilson

Trophies
Website
www.nes-media.com
XP
Country
i searched through every english catorgorie, nothing
and in ABC mode, it was jap letters and they would show random english words, i checked all them didnt find it

only thing i could think of it is do it on a non patched rom and search through the jap words
but cbf right now

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was awesome. Thank you Rykin! I can actually understand some of it now. Although you messed up in the trainers school. You translated it with D/P dialogue and it says "See my friend for a TM" or something like that and he gives a potion XD.

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Supersumo said:
I have an idea - get all the text run it in a translator then put it back in again - may not be the best but hey it is a start
Read through this thread and find the translated Darkrai text. You'll see why this doesn't work.

You will have Menstration!

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaywilson said:
i searched through every english catorgorie, nothing
and in ABC mode, it was jap letters and they would show random english words, i checked all them didnt find it

only thing i could think of it is do it on a non patched rom and search through the jap words
but cbf right now
Go to serebii and look at the symbols closely. Then match them up. That's what I did, and it worked, so put some effort into it. Gah, no one on this board has any problem-solving skills at all, yet they wet their pants over an RPG, which requires you to at least be able to figure things out yourself.

[url=http://www.serebii.net/platinum/mysterygift.shtml]http://www.serebii.net/platinum/mysterygift.shtml[/url]

If you have Diamond or Pearl, find what categories the words are in in English. They are in the same boxes as their counterparts.

Johnboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rykin said:
Johnboy said:
Why does people remembering you have to be so important? I don't believe people do this for publicity.

I personally would like a translate of what text is left but it's not like I'm going to demand it like a baby. Also, what else can we do to show our thanks but say thank you? Is there a way to reward people in other ways on this site that I don't know about?
I'm not looking to be remembered. While a "good job" or "thank you" is nice to see, I don't require any of those.

As long as people don't complain, I'm content. Yes, the patch isn't perfect- what's the alternative? Japanese. Enjoy that then.

Well, I'm not complaining myself, sorry if it appeared that way. I enjoy the translation and have been using it for awhile now.

Skarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh heil
grog.gif
my first post
I registered some months ago for the acekard 2 giveaway and forgot i was registered lol

so to the topic...
this patch is very nice. calmed the feeling of umpatience i had waiting fo platinum(U). However i downloaded an older version from a crappy site (that didnt give credit to you, by the way) and i was happy with it before i saw this thread
grog.gif

but i wanted to know if this will make my pokemons be considered hacked. Later on I wanna participate on wi-fi tournaments and apparently they somehow verify if youre pokemons are hacked before allowing you in
wacko.gif
DO NOT WANT.

keep up the good work

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skarr said:
However i downloaded an older version from a crappy site (that didnt give credit to you, by the way) and i was happy with it before i saw this thread
grog.gif

Not surprising. Some of my older versions still get hundreds of downloads. I was foolish to not include a readme with the URL before.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hey Rykin... I have a suggestion. You probably should contact a mod to close this topic. After all, you've said it yourself that there will be no more public releases... and over time, this thread has just turned into a flaming/spamming thread :\ You don't have to, but I think it would be a good idea to close it. (Unless you want to keep it open or the newbies who have questions about the patch... but that could easily be solved by adding a FAQ section in the first post...)

Skarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for clearing things up. I was just about to quit playing. So the Wi-Fi multiplayer is fine? alright

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So far the Wi-Fi multiplayer has no issues. Someone mentioned something about a Shiny Grumpig causing the game to crash, but I've yet to replicate this error.

ozling

Trophies
XP
Country
Rykin, I am aware of post about no more public releases. Also read about possibility of bug patches. Given that Canalave City bugs have been fixed, is there going to be a patch?

RykinSucksCock

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rykin your a whiny faggot who sucks major ass you pathetic wimp. Your patch is gay just like you but I guess its okay for now. Thanks for the patch you cocksucking faggot!

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow... go flame somewhere else. what a noob, get the hell outta here if you aren't going to be appreciative

Sinclaircito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
hi everyone, a lot of time without seeing you
tongue.gif
ajaja
hey rykin, I don't wanna bother you, but may I ask, would you make another patch?
ohmy.gif
!, just to know
tongue.gif
!!
thanks anyway man, good job, you made a good work and helped us a lot
biggrin.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Sinclaircito said:
hi everyone, a lot of time without seeing you
tongue.gif
ajaja
hey rykin, I don't wanna bother you, but may I ask, would you make another patch?
ohmy.gif
!, just to know
tongue.gif
!!
thanks anyway man, good job, you made a good work and helped us a lot
biggrin.gif
Rykin has said many, MANY times that this was his last public release. Also, it says in the first post that the project is frozen, which means it's not being worked on.

upbumpo190

Trophies
Website
ethericwarriors.eu
XP
Country
France
I managed to get poketext working, and able to decrypt/reencrypt the bin files within pl_msg.narc. There is only one problem, which I presume is a bug in the source code. On 544.bin (Platinum) poketext.exe crashes. I have taken a look at the htm files, and it's wonderful, I will probably try and translate some for my french friends.
smile.gif
I have no experience in programming, but I plan to learn, if anyone has some useful C++ guides, or e-books, please send the link.
grog.gif

Chris

Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
upbumpo190 said:
I managed to get poketext working, and able to decrypt/reencrypt the bin files within pl_msg.narc. There is only one problem, which I presume is a bug in the source code. On 544.bin (Platinum) poketext.exe crashes. I have taken a look at the htm files, and it's wonderful, I will probably try and translate some for my french friends.
smile.gif
I have no experience in programming, but I plan to learn, if anyone has some useful C++ guides, or e-books, please send the link.
grog.gif

Chris
544 should work without issues. That's the start screen (Continue, New Game, Connect to Wii, WFC Settings). It might also be an error with the 544.bin file.

Either way. This thread isn't about Poketext or other Translation projects, so I'd prefer if you didn't continue this here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo