ROM Hack Pokémon Nova Sun & Umbra Moon: Fully-featured, challenging Sun/Moon ROMhacks!

StrHkr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble building it for HANS.
I dumped my romfs.bin with the included Braindump, stuck it in the same folder as the batch file, and it acted as though it wasn't there.

1 file(s) copied.
1 file(s) copied.
1 file(s) copied.
1 file(s) copied.
1 file(s) copied.
1 file(s) copied.
1 file(s) copied.
1 file(s) copied.
Is your ROM dumped and decrypted? [Y/N]: n
Do you have a romfs.bin file generated by Braindump? [Y/N]: y
Rename your dumped romfs file to romfs.bin and place it in C:\Users\username\Downloads\Umbra_Moon\.

I definitely used the correct Braindump (I didn't get a cxi, I got a exefs and a romfs) and the file was definitely named romfs.bin, quadruple-checked, so I'm not quite sure why it wasn't working. Has this problem come up before? I can't find anything in the thread...
If it has anything to do with RAM, I have 8GB.
Maybe I got a bad dump?

In the meantime, I'm trying this with Sun to see if it works there.

EDIT: Okay, interestingly when I remove the romfs from the folder and try to run the batch, it throws:
ERROR: open file C:\Users\username\Downloads\Umbra_Moon\\romfs.bin failed

ERROR: the file type is mismatch

Which Build would you like? Leave blank for unaltered encounters. [Legit/Leveled/Expanded]:

...which implies that it saw romfs.bin before, but it just didn't care. Also, why are there two slashes?

Last edited by StrHkr,

tony3260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The next version of the hack (v1.3) will have this fix and other Evolution fixes:
  • Feebas gets to evolve when holding Prism Scale or while knowing Attract
  • Fixed Kadabra's Twisted Spoon Evolution Method
  • Fixed Dusclops's Reaper Cloth at night Evolution Method
  • Fixed Graveler's Level Up Evolution Method
  • Fixed Nosepass's Discharge Evolution Method
In addition, v1.3 will also fix Nidoran(M) and Nidoran(F)'s availability in the Ten Carat Hill cave in the Expanded Build.
will any or or all legendaries be added from previous generations at some point.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
The next version of the hack (v1.3) will have this fix and other Evolution fixes:
  • Feebas gets to evolve when holding Prism Scale or while knowing Attract
  • Fixed Kadabra's Twisted Spoon Evolution Method
  • Fixed Dusclops's Reaper Cloth at night Evolution Method
  • Fixed Graveler's Level Up Evolution Method
  • Fixed Nosepass's Discharge Evolution Method
In addition, v1.3 will also fix Nidoran(M) and Nidoran(F)'s availability in the Ten Carat Hill cave in the Expanded Build.

One question i can update the mod, i use saltysd, even with a save file already present?

StrHkr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found my problem.
It was seeing the file, but the Extracted_ROM folder was defaulted to read-only...
Welp, that was dumb.

Hylianzero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I wanted to change a few of the encounter tables in this hack, strictly for personal use, how would I go about doing that? I know I would need to use pk3DS(i think), but would I have to build a CIA and decrypt that or something, or would I be able to just edit your SaltySD files?

rcamp48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As of today , I am giving up on distributing cias of any form. I will however support creating your own cias of games you have bought, and of course support for a9lh and luma, I will also support Homebrew and all rom hacks but I will make everyone get these romhacks from thier original sources. IE: GBATEMP ONLY rcamp48

Last edited by rcamp48,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I wanted to change a few of the encounter tables in this hack, strictly for personal use, how would I go about doing that? I know I would need to use pk3DS(i think), but would I have to build a CIA and decrypt that or something, or would I be able to just edit your SaltySD files?
Unfortunately, PK3DS does not allow you to edit incomplete ROMs. What you'll want to do is follow the instructions for the Distribution Pack, and where it says "randomize?" say yes. Instead of randomizing, just make whatever changes you like to the ROM before you recompile.

Hylianzero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, PK3DS does not allow you to edit incomplete ROMs. What you'll want to do is follow the instructions for the Distribution Pack, and where it says "randomize?" say yes. Instead of randomizing, just make whatever changes you like to the ROM before you recompile.

Awesome, awesome. And that will end with me making new SaltySD patches?

Also, I just want to say that I love your hacks. We've commented back and forth on Reddit in your Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire thread. I just want to make an alternate set of encounter tables because I want to play through Umbra Moon collecting all 804 Pokemon as I go, not because I'm complaining about your hard work or anything.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, awesome. And that will end with me making new SaltySD patches?

Also, I just want to say that I love your hacks. We've commented back and forth on Reddit in your Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire thread. I just want to make an alternate set of encounter tables because I want to play through Umbra Moon collecting all 804 Pokemon as I go, not because I'm complaining about your hard work or anything.
Well, that will end with you making a custom extracted rom with your alterations present. If you want to load your alterations as a SaltySD build, the encounter file will be in /Extracted_ROM/romfs/a/0/8 as a no-extension file named "2" or "3" depending on if you used Sun or Moon as your base. Copy that file to /SaltySD/Nova_Sun/a/0/8 or /SaltySD/Umbra_Moon/a/0/8 on your SD card and then you'll be able to use the custom encounter build.

Maotelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can we get the mega ring (Mega evolution support for the Z-ring) earlier? I really would appreciate this.:)

Oh, and the mega stones too, because without them it would be pointless. rsrs :P

Last edited by Maotelus,

Rhllor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm trying to patch a .3ds rom to use for my Gateway card on an o3ds.
I managed to patch a decryptrd .3ds file and it runs on Citra, but when I try to rebuild the rom with "3ds builder" I get a .3ds file that can be loaded on my o3ds (I see the Nova Sun logo when I load the rom in the main menu) but when I start it the screen remains black.

Any suggestion woul be treally appreciated.

Anyway, for what I saw on Citra, these hacks are really nice!
Too bad for no legendary encounters on the Extended version, tho.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to patch a .3ds rom to use for my Gateway card on an o3ds.
I managed to patch a decryptrd .3ds file and it runs on Citra, but when I try to rebuild the rom with "3ds builder" I get a .3ds file that can be loaded on my o3ds (I see the Nova Sun logo when I load the rom in the main menu) but when I start it the screen remains black.

Any suggestion woul be treally appreciated.

Anyway, for what I saw on Citra, these hacks are really nice!
Too bad for no legendary encounters on the Extended version, tho.
Read the instructions. The ROM must be re-encrypted on a 3DS with Decrypt9 to work with Gateway, zero-key encryption (or decrypted .3DS files) doesn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Here lies the man getting probed to death by a gay fish +1