ROM Hack Pokémon Nova Sun & Umbra Moon: Fully-featured, challenging Sun/Moon ROMhacks!

rcamp48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how much memory do I need to randomize all Pokémon rcamp48
Question: When making the .CIA version of the mod, do i HAVE to use Decrypt9WIP to Dump the Gamecart, or can i just use HourGlass9 as well? Because i have been using HourGlass9 for this, and i am not sure if that is causing the problem when trying to launch the mod and that it wont work (just freezes on the 3DS logo).

I dumped mine with an old version if decrypt9 android I hate to say this but you need to have a save from jksm before installing or you will get a black screen on boot there way to solve this is to restore from jksm first then boot as I think that they Cia messes up the save

how much memory do I need to randomize all Pokémon rcamp48

I dumped mine with an old version if decrypt9 android I hate to say this but you need to have a save from jksm before installing or you will get a black screen on boot there way to solve this is to restore from jksm first then boot as I think that they Cia messes up there save file

rcamp48

I think that you are going to need at least 8 gigs free to use randomize but don't worry I am going to be at a friends house tomorrow that has 32 gb total I am going to make a leveled version with all Pokémon randomized and great balls selling for 100 with 255 % capture rate

rcamp48

Last edited by rcamp48,

rcamp48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. Sorry to ask. Can someone tell me where to get the 6iv Ditto?
second island near the poke center you can capture him by attacking with a Pokémon that is not powerful that is his weakness all he has is transform and once he uses it he cant do it again

hey, do you know how I edit the xp rates? It would help me out, thanks

Yes, its in the randomise section....

And you need at least 12 Gigs to do it successfully, and as I have said I am going to my friends place tomorrow for 4 hours to create all kinds of cias for myself and I will tell you
if they work ok

I will do it tomorrow if I can and anything else you want....

Another update to notice: if you are going to dump the eshop version or cartridge, don't update either , that is the mistake I made my dump does not work as it has the 1.1 update in it and it won't work, all you will get on your original dump the best thing to do is test your cia to make sure it absolutely works before trying to make a randomised version

rcamp48 PS: I will let you know tomorrow if this works ok I am dumping with the latest version of decrypt9...............

Last edited by rcamp48,

rcamp48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Regardless of what method you found, your original cia must be good or you are carrying a bad cia to either Nova or Umbra Does anyone know if you can install decrypted cias with fbi ???? That is where to start if possible.......... rcamp48

jpmasterflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of what method you found, your original cia must be good or you are carrying a bad cia to either Nova or Umbra Does anyone know if you can install decrypted cias with fbi ???? That is where to start if possible.......... rcamp48

I know but i meant the option to build .3ds with key-0 encryption for the flash cards like gateway... there's no option for that in setup.bat.. but its fine..I found another way to build it... i just used the DotNet3dstoolkit by itself to build it with key-0 CCI encryption...as for having a bad cia, nope

Last edited by jpmasterflex,

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
;_;

Code:
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_59_BuildExeFS.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_60_BuildPartition0.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_65_BuildPartitions.MoveNext()
   at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_74_Build3DSDecrypted.MoveNext()
   at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_75_Build3DSDecrypted.MoveNext()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at ToolkitConsole.Module1.Main()
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_59_BuildExeFS.MoveNext()
   at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_60_BuildPartition0.MoveNext()
   at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_65_BuildPartitions.MoveNext()
   at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_74_Build3DSDecrypted.MoveNext()
   at DotNet3dsToolkit.Converter.VB$StateMachine_75_Build3DSDecrypted.MoveNext()<---

Rebuild as 3DS complete! Use Decrypt9 to re-encrypt the file if you want to use it on a Gateway flashcart.
Rebuild of Nova Sun (Legit Build) as 3DS is complete! File is located at C:\Nova_Sun\\Nova_Sun _Legit.3ds
Press any key to continue . . .
It says that it rebuilt but the file is not anywhere.
I haven't figured out what causes the situation yet, but the quick-fix is to delete C:\Nova_Sun\Extracted_ROM\exefs\banner.bnr and C:\Nova_Sun\Extracted_ROM\exefs\icon.icn (but leave banner.bin and icon.bin there).

rcamp48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For some reason, Kadabra will not evolve while holding the twisted spoon. Is anyone else having the same problem?

nope but stupid me I forget to turn off salty SD before loading all of my cias and even worse I deleted them cause I thought that they were bad I still have the original version of sun and moon and jksm backups of both sun and moon both cartridge an SD

rcamp48

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
I love how i talk like "This clearly have not the same bullshit that game like Radiant Dawn trow at you at the start of the game" and the Skill Link Pikipeck with Bulletseed make my first death of my nuzlocke. I start to hate Pickipeck :)

For some reason, Kadabra will not evolve while holding the twisted spoon. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Glad to know im not the only one with this problem (i play Nova Sun separatly in private and i encounter this problem).

RobMazCs

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, i'm trying to patch the Pokemon Sun rom but i'm encountering some problems. I play on Citra emulator.

Code:
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
Is your ROM dumped and decrypted? [Y/N]: y
Place your DECRYPTED .3DS or .cia ROM in C:\Users\Roberto\Downloads\Nova_Sun\
Extract decrypted ROM? [Y/N] (only select N if you have already extracted the ROM): y
Enter the name of your DECRYPTED .3ds or .cia file (no extension): sun
Enter the file type (3DS or CIA, no period): 3ds
.Net 3DS Toolkit v1.4.1
Extracting as CCI to "C:\Users\Roberto\Downloads\Nova_Sun\\Extracted_ROM"...
[3dstool] ERROR: uncompress error
[3dstool] ERROR: extract file failed
Extraction complete!
Copying ROM hack files into Extracted_ROM.
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
Copying complete! Shop.cro not yet copied, since it is incompatible with Hans.
Which Build would you like? Leave blank for unaltered encounters. [Legit/Leveled/Expanded]: Expanded
How would you like to rebuild the ROM? [3DS/CIA/HANS]: 3ds
Would you like to randomize your wild encounters? [Y/N]: n
patching a\0\8\2 with encounters for the Expanded Build.
patching a\0\8\3 with encounters for the Expanded Build.
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
        1 file copiati.
.Net 3DS Toolkit v1.4.1
Building as decrypted CCI...
[3dstool] ERROR: open file C:\Users\Roberto\Downloads\Nova_Sun\\Extracted_ROM\HeaderNCCH2.bin failed
[3dstool] ERROR: create file failed
[3dstool] [3dstool] ERROR: open file C:\Users\Roberto\Downloads\Nova_Sun\\Extracted_ROM\HeaderNCCH7.bin failed
ERROR: open file C:\Users\Roberto\Downloads\Nova_Sun\\Extracted_ROM\HeaderNCCH6.bin failed
Build complete!
Rebuild as 3DS complete! Use Decrypt9 to re-encrypt the file if you want to use it on a Gateway flashcart.
Rebuild of Nova Sun (Expanded Build) as 3ds is complete! File is located at C:\Users\Roberto\Downloads\Nova_Sun\\Nova_Sun _Expanded.3ds
Premere un tasto per continuare . . .

The modded rom runs well, but altought i've chosen the "expanded" build, the wild pokemon and their level are the same of the vanilla rom. The trainers and the market products are modded.
Can anyone explain how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Last edited by RobMazCs,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The next version of the hack (v1.3) will have this fix and other Evolution fixes:
  • Feebas gets to evolve when holding Prism Scale or while knowing Attract
  • Fixed Kadabra's Twisted Spoon Evolution Method
  • Fixed Dusclops's Reaper Cloth at night Evolution Method
  • Fixed Graveler's Level Up Evolution Method
  • Fixed Nosepass's Discharge Evolution Method
In addition, v1.3 will also fix Nidoran(M) and Nidoran(F)'s availability in the Ten Carat Hill cave in the Expanded Build.

rcamp48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The next version of the hack (v1.3) will have this fix and other Evolution fixes:
  • Feebas gets to evolve when holding Prism Scale or while knowing Attract
  • Fixed Kadabra's Twisted Spoon Evolution Method
  • Fixed Dusclops's Reaper Cloth at night Evolution Method
  • Fixed Graveler's Level Up Evolution Method
  • Fixed Nosepass's Discharge Evolution Method
In addition, v1.3 will also fix Nidoran(M) and Nidoran(F)'s availability in the Ten Carat Hill cave in the Expanded Build.
how much memory do I need to run randomized on Cia and create a Cia will it run on 8 gigs rcamp48

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol