Pokemon Go AR game announced for mobile

Today the The Pokémon Company announced Pokémon Go, a mobile game that the developer Niantic has been working on for the last few years alongside Nintendo.
The game will use a peripheral called the Pokémon Go Plus that will pair to the player's phone and allow them to virtually catch Pokémon. The device will also have a rumble feature to alert the wearer to a potential catch.

aug.PNG

Check out the following trailer that has been dedicated to Satoru Iwata:

Pokémon Go will release in 2016 for Android & iOS.

Last edited by T-hug,

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
There was already a game like Fallout shelter before it came out now pokemon is doing the same thing... Clones everywhere

Why do game companies follow the same procedures as mobile? this is getting really irritating
More like a collaboration between the Ingress makers and TPCi.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
People wanted a Pokemon MMO... here you go! I cant wait to play this. Better yet I can't wait to see my wife play this. She's hooked on Pokemon Shuffle for Android so this might be her first traditional Pokemon experience.
This is far from traditional. Traditional would be to pick up a Nintendo 3DS and slap every handheld Pokemon game there.

There was already a game like Fallout shelter before it came out now pokemon is doing the same thing... Clones everywhere

Why do game companies follow the same procedures as mobile? this is getting really irritating
Because some mobile ideas are fantastic as fuck and deserves to have a stronger brand wrapped around its gameplay? Smaller nobodies do it all the time with popular games, so why can't the big guys do the same?

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is far from traditional. Traditional would be to pick up a Nintendo 3DS and slap every handheld Pokemon game there.

Because some mobile ideas are fantastic as fuck and deserves to have a stronger brand wrapped around its gameplay? Smaller nobodies do it all the time with popular games, so why can't the big guys do the same?

Never said they couldn't but it's odd that's all I'm saying, I don't like this method at all that big game companies are following the same as mobile such as copying and pasting, we get enough on Consoles... Ubisoft... Uh yeah

You see many video game developers get inspired by games that they appreciate and love, but they don't exactly copy the formula from the core?

Last edited by Social_Outlaw,

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Never said they couldn't but it's odd that's all I'm saying, I don't like this method at all that big game companies are following the same as mobile such as copying and pasting, we get enough on Consoles... Ubisoft... Uh yeah
So you don't like it when brilliant ideas become better? Okay.
I mean, it's not like the ones developing Pokemon Go is the same developer that made Ingress. Because they are. You know. THE SAME DEVELOPER. Making a spin-off of their own, original game. Using IPs from The Pokemon Company. So dev is Niantic, partners are The Pokemon Co and Nintendo.

Yeah, copy-pasting much.

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So you don't like it when brilliant ideas become better? Okay.
I mean, it's not like the ones developing Pokemon Go is the same developer that made Ingress. Because they are. You know. THE SAME DEVELOPER. Making a spin-off of their own, original game. Using IPs from The Pokemon Company. So dev is Niantic, partners are The Pokemon Co and Nintendo.

Yeah, copy-pasting much.

Your assuming things now, I said I didn't like this method, I never said I wouldn't ever try it out and have a different perspective on it when I play it and have a change of heart, I just based it upon another company who just recently did the same thing? BTW I like Fallout Shelter but it is irritating that they do this (which is why I say it's odd).

Same formula but new IP... Wow there's a millon other gaming companies that do the same thing, and I didn't know about the partnering thing until now, so why get butthurt about something that I didn't know? You tend to jump the gun instead of letting me know in a appropriate manner?

Last edited by Social_Outlaw,
D

Deleted User

Pokemon is the very thing that got me into Nintendo and one of the main appeals of Pokemon to me is that they get spinoff games that add extra value to the main games like Stadium, Pikachu Mini, Colosseum, Battle Revolution and Dream Radar, rumor has it this will connect to the gen 6 games, but oh wait, I can't get it because it's iPhone and Android exclusive. This will be the first time I skip a spinoff with main game connectivity. I have no intention of buying more Pokémon games if this is the future of crossgame compatible spinoffs. Even if it got a WP port, I will still be annoyed because I don't want to integrate my phone into my gaming life and many other fans still can't get it because their parents are responsible. It should be standalone with no main series connectivity.

I have a habit of preordering Nintendo consoles and buying MS consoles after they lowers in price. Next gen I'm paying launch price for the Xbox Two and waiting for a price drop on the Nintendo console, unless of course it's library is riddled with games I can't fully enjoy without switching SmartPhone brand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You knew what you were getting into when you bought a Windows phone.
Normally I'd agree, and I choose Windows Phone because I like the OS and don't care about mobile gaming, but Pokémon should be accessible to all of it's fans, especially since this will apparently have cross game compatibility with the main series games.

Reactions: EMP Knightmare

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally I'd agree, and I choose Windows Phone because I like the OS and don't care about mobile gaming, but Pokémon should be accessible to all of it's fans, especially since this will apparently have cross game compatibility with the main series games.
Your logic is flawed. Pokemon has never been accessible to all of its fans. What about Pokemon fans without a Gameboy, DS, N64, etc.? I don't see the difference between not owning an Android/iOS device and not owning a 3DS. It's your fault for assuming Pokemon games would always be on Nintendo devices.

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when did Apple become a Nintendo device? Anywho all I was saying is that it sucks that I can't enjoy it on my phone that's all, just means I have to bring my tablet to Central Park to catch them. If push comes to shove I'll always have Pokemon Rumble World (fawking love that game, have almost 100 hours on it)

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Your logic is flawed. Pokemon has never been accessible to all of its fans. What about Pokemon fans without a Gameboy, DS, N64, etc.? I don't see the difference between not owning an Android/iOS device and not owning a 3DS. It's your fault for assuming Pokemon games would always be on Nintendo devices.

GOLLY, RELEASING YOUR OWN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ON YOUR OWN HARDWARE? THE NERVE OF SOME FOLK! Who would dare conceive of such a devious scheme? :O

If I didn't own a 3DS then I wouldn't be concerned about spinoff games that can connect to Pokémon X

So far I actually haven't seen anything official about the main series game connectivity, so hopefully it's just a rumor some overenthusiastic fan thought they read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong