TCL announces RayNeo X2 Lite AR glasses and global launch of RayNeo X2 AR glasses featuring on-glass AR gaming

RayNeo_X2_Lit.jpg

It seems we'll be encountering more AR glasses this year. In addition to Apple's Vision Pro and XREAL's new Air 2 Ultra glasses, TCL will release its RayNeo X2 AR glasses globally and has announced a new pair of AR glasses, the RayNeo X2 Lite (featured in the image above).

The RayNeo X2, which debuted in China in late 2023, is a pair of standalone smart glasses with full-color MicroLED head-up displays and spatial computing capabilities, powered by the Snapdragon XR2 Gen 1 Platform. It features an "all-in-one AR assistant" that leverages simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) technology for face-tracking live translation and on-glass AR gaming. Controls are done via voice commands, the touch pad on the frame or a control ring supporting 3 Degrees of Freedom (DoF) tracking. As for the gaming abilities, TCL hasn't provided much details about it yet but we should expect more information by next month when the product's crowdfunding campaign launches.

As for the RayNeo X2 Lite, they are also standalone smart glasses with MicroLED optical waveguide display technology, 30° field of view, a 12MP camera and is powered by the Snapdragon AR1 Gen 1 Platform. The RayNeo X2 Lite is expected to release in Q3 2024.

:arrow: SOURCE

Reactions: 6adget and KingVamp

GengarsGhostlyGiggles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
really cool form factor, but these glasses don't work for me.
I have poor vision. even the xreal's air's promise of using additional lenses just made everything too heavy.

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting pretty excited to see real competition with AR. VR is cool for gaming, learning, and I'm sure many other things I'm forgetting. AR promises to be useful. Enhance how we interact with the world. Been waiting for this for ever. Now it seems like the pace is faster than I expected it would be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory