StormbringerGT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I ordered a game from this guy and it worked exactly as he stated:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=016

Everything works. I tired it online with my buddies. Even brought some over to Battle Revolution and tried those online and they all worked!

Then I saw that he offered the eaxt same thing for Emerald, Ruby and Saphire.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...s=its%3DS%252BI

Up until I saw that I assumed he used Pokesav.
However as far as I know Pokesav doesnt edit, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.

How the heck did he do it?
I would just buy one from him but we already own Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.
Anyone have any ideas on how he did something like this? He states hes uses Official Nintendo Software but how did he get that even?
As far as I know hes just a college student.

Anyway I don't want to steal his business, but I'd like to do it to my own Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald. However he doesn't offer those services.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
that sux that he makes money off another person's smartness!
frown.gif
booo!!!

there are online programs in which you somewhat edit emerald crap. it lets you fully customize the next pokemon you battle, so with time, you will get the same effect!

PS: THAT is WAY too expensive! he is gay! you can just use AR if your really lazy too!!!

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
that sux that he makes money off another person's smartness!
frown.gif
booo!!!

there are online programs in which you somewhat edit emerald crap. it lets you fully customize the next pokemon you battle, so with time, you will get the same effect!

PS: THAT is WAY too expensive! he is gay! you can just use AR if your really lazy too!!!
Many people don't have an AR...

Cabbage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reru said:
Hyperlisk_ said:
Though wouldn't an AR cost a lot less than $76? It's basically paying a person $76 to use AR codes on your game, when you can just buy the AR itself and use it to your content for only $25.
Think of the technical aspects though. Many people think "Oh hey.. $70, all that work done for me, I don't need to mess with anything..". It's all about how much someone is willing to pay for something.
tongue.gif

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cabbage said:
Reru said:
Hyperlisk_ said:
Though wouldn't an AR cost a lot less than $76? It's basically paying a person $76 to use AR codes on your game, when you can just buy the AR itself and use it to your content for only $25.
Think of the technical aspects though. Many people think "Oh hey.. $70, all that work done for me, I don't need to mess with anything..". It's all about how much someone is willing to pay for something.
tongue.gif
Definitely, that guy is smart. You figure he probably makes about $30-$40 per game bought, not too bad for jsut editting a save!

Synchromatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cabbage said:
Reru said:
Hyperlisk_ said:
tongue.gif
Then people must be really lazy. xD Using Pokesav or an AR barely involves any effort.

Besides, how fun is a game if it's already finish for you? I'd rather complete everything by myself, rather having it already finished, with nothing to do.

All I'm saying is that it's pretty expensive, when there are alternative ways in which you can save money.

StormbringerGT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The expense and market is definately there for sure! He's sold over 2000 of them...

What I dont get though, is teh way he does them. They are completely legit. You can use them online via the wii or using your ds! Even the Firered, Leafgreen, ruby, sapphire and Emerald! How'd he pull that off?

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i doubt its pokesav/ar... did u notice how he says "The Pokémon Pearl Customizer will put the information on your game in under two minutes, no matter how much you edit!"
this would take ages with pokesav...
wtf.gif
customizing every single pokemon to every detail... maybe he got a beta of pokemon or something that includes an editor... but i have no idea.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
The guy is smart, exploiting the stupid and desperate is how to make money.

ItsMetaKnight said:
i doubt its pokesav/ar... did u notice how he says "The Pokémon Pearl Customizer will put the information on your game in under two minutes, no matter how much you edit!"
this would take ages with pokesav...
wtf.gif
customizing every single pokemon to every detail... maybe he got a beta of pokemon or something that includes an editor... but i have no idea.

Maybe he's even smarter than you think, and reverse-engineered Pokesav? Although I doubt it, and he really takes a few hours to each game. If it were me, I'd write a macro for doing so that reads the output he gets from his website. That would get the job done in 2 minutes.

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't be surprised if has a script set up to do this. I have to say that customiser he has there is very impressive. I'm thinking this guy wrote his own editor too, just decided to use it for profit instead of sharing. I've often though how easy it'd be to make a stack of cash doing this, but to me it just feels so wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 229 steam games more than I thought