Gaming Pokémon Director Hypes up Sunday Announcement

D

Deleted-236924

Pokemon R/S remakes right now would seem quite unlikely. Gamefreak will always do a remake of the previous two versions then start with the R/S.
Remember Gen. 3?
Gen 3: Remake of gen 1
Gen 4: Remake of gen 2
Gen 5: Remake of gen 3
It's a pattern.
That's... not what I meant.
Do you mean when Fire Red and Leaf Green were released first, THEN Emerald came?
Yes, I did.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Pokemon R/S remakes right now would seem quite unlikely. Gamefreak will always do a remake of the previous two versions then start with the R/S.
Remember Gen. 3?
It's a pattern.
I was pointing more at Chris, if they keep following their pattern, gen 3 will get a remake.
Also the prez of Gamefreak in HG/SS says
"What do you think? I am the President here. We are remaking an old game, but this is quite a challenge. Old fans would not want us to mess with their good memories... but there is no point in just redoing the same thing, right? We are working toward something that brings back memories, yet is also completely new! I've been in this business for 20 years now, but creating a game is always a rewarding challenge!
Maybe pointing a bit more at a gen 1 remake, but still..
I was saying that Grey will likely come first before the Gen 3 remakes.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
While people guess 'Grey', I read that the whole Black and White thing is all about Yin and Yang.

What's left after Black and White is Clear, and while that may be a stupid name, they don't always have to be related.

Gold, Silver, Crystal. Diamond, Pearl, Platinum. See what I mean?

Most likely though, I assume RSE remakes. Probably based off Emerald more, like HGSS, but the Hoenn games actually had different stories...

Who knows?

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Imo If there will be RSE remakes, it will be 75% based on R/S, 15% on Emerald and 10% new stuff.

You'll most likely be able to catch the other legendary in the game - or maybe not. You can trade from versions anyway. Rayquaza is 100% and battle frontier is also very likely.

And seriously I didn't know emerald was after FRLG. My bad.

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
While people guess 'Grey', I read that the whole Black and White thing is all about Yin and Yang.

What's left after Black and White is Clear, and while that may be a stupid name, they don't always have to be related.

Gold, Silver, Crystal. Diamond, Pearl, Platinum. See what I mean?

Most likely though, I assume RSE remakes. Probably based off Emerald more, like HGSS, but the Hoenn games actually had different stories...

Who knows?
haha, i though you meant it was pretty 'clear' what the name would be and then i realised that the name itself is 'clear'.lol
and i still dont know what are the factors for deciding the name of the 3rd games.
i mean like diamond , pearl and then platinum? eh?
gold ,silver and then lemme guess ! platinum? uh no its crystal
ruby ,sapphire--> emerald( this is the only one which made even the most remote sense to me)
i never got how they name their 3rd games

here is my guess
pokemon black
pokemon white
POKEMON ZEBRA :lol:

Reactions: 2 people

drobb

Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont really care, i hope tho that its either gr(a/e)y or the r/s/e remakes. My only big wish is that its for the the DS, be nice to see on last big game for the system before it officially dies.

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
i dont really care, i hope tho that its either gr(a/e)y or the r/s/e remakes. My only big wish is that its for the the DS, be nice to see on last big game for the system before it officially dies.
they should just let the ds rest in peace, it has gone through a whole lot of shit and thats enough for it.

crazyj3ss

hmm
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember Gen. 3?
It's a pattern.

Since the 3rd set of remakes haven't even been confirmed(yet), it's only 2 set of remakes now. Until it is 3, it isn't a pattern.

Remember Gen. 3?
It's a pattern.
I was pointing more at Chris, if they keep following their pattern, gen 3 will get a remake.
"What do you think? I am the President here. We are remaking an old game, but this is quite a challenge. Old fans would not want us to mess with their good memories... but there is no point in just redoing the same thing, right? We are working toward something that brings back memories, yet is also completely new! I've been in this business for 20 years now, but creating a game is always a rewarding challenge!

Actually that is most likely referring to HGSS itself(from what I believe and have gathered from seeing others' opinions); it's just referring to all the work they put into making it even more feature-packed than the originals. Although, imo, it could also have referred to Black and White, seeing as they introduced the same 'feeling' that RBG had(a brand new place with only it's region's pokes, etc. and no other gen pokes and stuff during the main story), but with a whole new world.

Back on topic, I myself hope it's RSE remakes with a full 3d world and all that(like colosseum/xd style graphics, but a free overworld) for the 3DS(they've had the dev kit a long while anyway), if they can pull that off.

Reactions: 2 people

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Remember Gen. 3?
It's a pattern.

Since the 3rd set of remakes haven't even been confirmed(yet), it's only 2 set of remakes now. Until it is 3, it isn't a pattern.

Remember Gen. 3?
It's a pattern.

Actually that is most likely referring to HGSS itself(from what I believe and have gathered from seeing others' opinions); it's just referring to all the work they put into making it even more feature-packed than the originals. Although, imo, it could also have referred to Black and White, seeing as they introduced the same 'feeling' that RBG had(a brand new place with only it's region's pokes, etc. and no other gen pokes and stuff during the main story), but with a whole new world.

Back on topic, I myself hope it's RSE remakes with a full 3d world and all that(like colosseum/xd style graphics, but a free overworld) for the 3DS(they've had the dev kit a long while anyway), if they can pull that off.
i dont think they have the guts to change the whole fucking game from the orignal top down view to a full 3d 3rd person view, the consequences would be that fans of the series would start whining about how they shouldn't have changed the way pokemon games were

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It might just be Pokemon Pinball B/W, no? I would like it to be that, actually.
I enjoyed the ruby/sapphire pinball. I wouldn't mind one, however the developers were Jupiter for that game. I wouldn't count on Gamefreak making that and anything in the main series is your best bet.
I LOVE Pokemon Pinball R&S! So I thought it might be relevant to post this here.

Last summer I started a PP-R&S game on the Normal ball speed (the fastest) using the Sapphire table. My current score is about:
For reference, the official world record is either around 1,100,000,000 or 3,500,000,000 but I can't remember which. Either way, I'm smashing it!
I'll post pics from my DSi if you want proof.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Catboy back in chat. :ninja:
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Don't forget to pet it for good luck
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That cat bites
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hmmm yes she does
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Psi had my footlong meatball special