Gaming Pokedex 3ds AR markings Thread

Sheith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
30 pictures..? Someone else will have to test that. :<
Not good to be spamming camera captures at 2 in the morning.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I've found that a lot of the time, if you take an AR marking that works, and change any two adjacent corner squares (Such as top left and top right, or top left and bottom left, etc.) from black to white or white to black then you usually end up with another marking that works.

I've been doing that in MSPaint and come up with quite a few.
Here's a photo of my AR markings sticker book.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Sheith said:
30 pictures..? Someone else will have to test that. :<
Not good to be spamming camera captures at 2 in the morning.

it wasnt something i read lol. its something i found out by taking 30pics lol it does this
unlocks note mode which plays the noise the pokemon makes (launches it at the pokemon the same way as the apple)

Sheith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice!
...Wait, does that mean taking more pictures unlocks the 3rd mode? And do they need to be known or are silhouettes fine too?

(Haha, I'm loving this! Solving every inch of ninty's new app just hours after release.)

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
i bet if you get all the 150 you unlock all the other pokemon

like in black and white you need to complete the game
tongue.gif

*dam cant believe i double posted
tongue.gif

i should know by now

Sheith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing it's because the silhouetted pokemon need to be found through spotpass/streetpass in order to be shown. Also, if shown pokemon are required for pictures, that would most likely mean you need a certain number of them caught on film to unlock the 3rd move.
Haha, no problem.. i did that too, pong. Also, I'm doubtful they will all be unlocked.. there's only so many combinations Nintendo can come up with while still leaving some people in the dark.. for now.

Sheith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that's why my Terrakion was spinning.. Also, I think the popping out is a blurry image bug.
Wierd.. doesnt work for me.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://deeserver.wmclan.net/Scripts/gen.py
Have fun.
By Honk.
EDIT:
From bonk about previous image:
QUOTE said:
Well right now I can say this theory is false.

I want to go to bed so i can go to a friend's house for nintendo's conference.

Some one else can have a go but here is what I know of it so far.

The data matrix stores a 4x4 matrix of binary data which means it stores 2 bytes.
Seeing that pokemon go up to 649(technically its 648 if you count zero) it requires at least 10 bits (max of 1024) to numericly define 1 pokemon. The rest of the bytes would be a form of bitmask for god-knows-what.

I will work more on it tomorrow. I need some sleep.

Until then, pass this link around as much as possible as I will be updating it when I can.

I have a feeling they xor the bytes or something. I don't have a 3ds so I can't test these. I'll see you around the other threads. Post confirmed working images and the pokemon number to enhance my research.
I can't give the script proper random seed support. (giving it a seed of 5 will not generate the same sequence of random numbers)
I will do that later.

Time for bed.
See ya later.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't have the pokemon in you pokedex then it just shows the AR marking in the sticker album.
Those stickers that only show as the AR marking don't count towards your sticker count.
I have 42 stickers now. 21 AR and 21 Photo. The note action unlocked when I had 15 AR and 15 Photo.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
chao1212 said:
Have fun.
By Honk.
EDIT:
From bonk about previous image:
QUOTE said:
Well right now I can say this theory is false.

I want to go to bed so i can go to a friend's house for nintendo's conference.

Some one else can have a go but here is what I know of it so far.

The data matrix stores a 4x4 matrix of binary data which means it stores 2 bytes.
Seeing that pokemon go up to 649(technically its 648 if you count zero) it requires at least 10 bits (max of 1024) to numericly define 1 pokemon. The rest of the bytes would be a form of bitmask for god-knows-what.

I will work more on it tomorrow. I need some sleep.

Until then, pass this link around as much as possible as I will be updating it when I can.

I have a feeling they xor the bytes or something. I don't have a 3ds so I can't test these. I'll see you around the other threads. Post confirmed working images and the pokemon number to enhance my research.
I can't give the script proper random seed support. (giving it a seed of 5 will not generate the same sequence of random numbers)
I will do that later.

Time for bed.
See ya later.
Not working for me, anyone else?

Sheith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. do you think Nintendo took pokemon types into account for the patterns? That would explain the extra/out of place squares.

Snail, that was a test proving Honk's own hypothesis false.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That script I linked randomly generates it. You can use it with an autorefresher and a bunch of windows to really easily get a bunch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i heard obs makes gd lag alot