ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
I really loves this hack Drayano. But i really wanna know how i can script that good. U using ppre or hex edit??

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I really loves this hack Drayano. But i really wanna know how i can script that good. U using ppre or hex edit??
Didn't we go over this in our PM? Like I said, PPRE. While hex editing scripts is possible, it's not easy.

Dray, did you edit the PWT? Especially the rental teams.
Nah, haven't bothered messing with that yet. I might do it another time, but it's not my main concern for now. I kind of would've liked to replace the Champion League with a "Player Character" league or something, but the lack of side sprites + Cynthia being elsewhere makes that a bit difficult.

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't we go over this in our PM? Like I said, PPRE. While hex editing scripts is possible, it's not easy.

Dray, did you edit the PWT? Especially the rental teams.
Nah, haven't bothered messing with that yet. I might do it another time, but it's not my main concern for now. I kind of would've liked to replace the Champion League with a "Player Character" league or something, but the lack of side sprites + Cynthia being elsewhere makes that a bit difficult.
Ye but i need help

G_Sylar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alright, I'm fairly sure I've done with my testing now, both on Normal and Challenge mode.

There's still some very small changes I need to make, but I think I might well be able to release in a couple days. I don't think I need to go through the screening thread, so... I could possibly have it up this Friday at the earliest. I just hope you guys enjoy it as much as the other two hacks I've shown here, haha. D= There's no reason you shouldn't, I guess...

I'll double check about the screening thread thing, but otherwise I guess I'll see you guys in a new thread in a couple days..?

(Though I can't help but feel like I've forgotten something...)

Are we still getting this today Dray? Would really like to take a look as I have some free time until Sunday.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Considering I didn't work on it the last two days, I guess not. Haha.

Let me just think... what do I need to do...
- Change a couple level up moves
- Finish tweaking compatibility for the new TMs I have in the game
- Make one or two other small changes

I guess it's a small list...!

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, perhaps so.

Someone's suggesting I change the Undella Cynthia battle into a Hilbert one. Might not be totally impossible, but it wouldn't have any special music if everything was working correctly so it would probably fall flat on its face. D:

...Plus there's the fact not being able to script really narrows what I could do with the starters...

EDIT: Okay, I might just plow on ahead anyway. I found the overworld data, so now there's a choice...

9f8c89d1.png
0e5c73dc.png

Which should I pick? Due to various limitations (i.e.: CAN'T SCRIPT), I can only realistically put one in the game for now. I think... unless I replace Mr. Nishino too. Hohoho.

(I also need to get a team that unfortunately cannot correspond to what Cheren and Bianca get by Memory Link, so that's great. Ugh.)

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I think I can get both in the game...

7fdc31dc.png

I'll put Hilbert in Castelia, and Hilda in Undella (since you know how feminist that villa probably is!). I'll have Hilbert represent Black 1, and Hilda represent White 1. I think. :3

Poor Nishino, gone, but not forgotten... Or I might just have Hilbert here and leave Cynthia where she is. That might be a better option.

Or I'll have Hilbert in Black 2 and Hilda in White 2.

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens to Cynthia now? She's entirely replaced by Hilda? Even in the PWT?

I can't decide on a team for BW1 MC besides having the other uber dragon, not many gift Pokemon in BW1 that aren't legendaries or redundant. A monkey sure, but what else?

lol this is why I wish scripting was available with 5th gen, seems so anticlimatic to have Hilbert just chilling in Castelia City for no reason ready to battle every day

also what happens when you battle him before the Pokemon League? Remember the director isn't post game only in BW2

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I'll go for the Hilbert in Black 2, Hilda in White 2 option. So Cynthia will be safe for now!

Yeah, team is haaaaaard. If I had the use of Memory Link then it'd be Dragon / Starter / Monkey / three other Unovians, but as it is, this is gonna be difficult. Definitely the dragon, but it's hard to choose the rest. I could take the Red route and go all three starters, but then I definitely can't get the monkeys in. I might have to take some Pokémon special influence for this one.

Haha, yeah, agreed. I wonder where I would've ended up putting him if it was as flexible as Gen IV, though (well, as flexible without hurting my head with so many hexadecimal numbers)... Dragonspiral Tower, perhaps?

Yeah, I didn't forget about that. I'll probably just give him a weaker team there, I guess. Minus the dragon. Hm...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E