Hacking Please stop using RXTools

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's this about fear of downgrading? You guys realize that the only reason why downgrading is unstable only for 9.3+, and not for <=9.2 due to security reasons, right? Once you get on 9.2, downgrading is no more dangerous than performing a system update in the official System Settings.

Frostbite189

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hello guys. i´ve done almost everything but now im on:

Section IV - Injecting FBI
  1. Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding (Start) on boot
  2. Go to "SysNAND Backup/Restore", then select the "Health&Safety Dump" option to dump

but when i do that it gives me an error

i was on rxtool and now all my games are working fine

what should i do next???

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ominous66521 said:
Give me till after 11/18 to switch over to a9lh,most likely ill brick because I'm on a old 3ds.I use luma instead of rxtools though.
gnmmarechal said:
You won't brick. I've A9LHaxxed multiple o3DS systems

Can you tell that to ppl that failed while flashing ( and even otpless on n3ds ! ) ? What if this happened ? You will buy him a new 3ds ? Just switching to luma should be enought.

Reactions: Arkansaw

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Can you tell that to ppl that failed while flashing ( and even otpless on n3ds ! ) ? What if this happened ? You will buy him a new 3ds ? Just switching to luma should be enought.
The vast, vast majority of people who bricked installing A9LH did so due to user error, due to skipping steps or using the wrong files. Also, what was said was something along the lines of "I'll probably brick because I have an o3DS", to which I said it's fine even if it is an o3DS as many, and even I have A9LHaxxed multiple o3DSs. About the OTPless install, the bug that caused two people (as far as I know) to brick has been fixed.

I replied to someone who was saying they'd install A9LH. As such, I was talking about A9LH specifically.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello guys. i´ve done almost everything but now im on:

Section IV - Injecting FBI
  1. Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding (Start) on boot
  2. Go to "SysNAND Backup/Restore", then select the "Health&Safety Dump" option to dump

but when i do that it gives me an error

i was on rxtool and now all my games are working fine

what should i do next???
Do You already have FBI installed? If yes, you can skip this. :)

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
finished the tutorial from the guide,i already had luma3DS from emunand,so after i got the OTP file,i took it and reboot the 3DS,however it booted directly to emunand A9LH and all my previous games are now out of their folders and wrapped as gift,is this normal?

so if i want to move to sysNAND a9lh i only need to inject emunand to sysnand using decrypt9?
the link here is dead

If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move EmuNAND.

edit: found it
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/move-emunand

Last edited by aos10,

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Now ppl will not be able to told me that I have never try Luma ..

599825IMG20161030141208.jpg

Actual setup :
*RxTools + Luma // Emunand
*CtrBootManager
*Decrypt9WIP

I have try luma to not die silly ( can we tell something like that in english ? ) but I don't see difference between Luma / RxTools :rofl2:

Last edited by chocoboss,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
the new A9LH guide is so much easier and less time consuming,i love it.
now all my 3DSs on A9LH.

Actual setup :
*CtrBootManager
*Decrypt9WIP

I have try luma to not die silly ( can we tell something like that in english ? ) but I don't see difference between Luma / RxTools :rofl2:

in before someone tell you to remove rxTools or install A9LH,there is always someone will tell you that.

if you are okey with emunand setup and don't mind the waiting and occasionally crashes when you try to boot to emunand and don't mind the hassle to play DSi and GBA games,then stay on emunand.

just to inform you,i just did A9LH on my O3DS and didn't take much time comparing to the old method,very straightforward.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
somehow bricking or accidentally updating sysnand on a9lh is less risky than bricking emunand on rxtools? Downplaying the risks involved with every method is just dishonest ;)

Reactions: chocoboss

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
accidentally updating sysnand on a9lh
The point of a9lh is so you can update sysnand safely and never have to worry about bricking or losing your cfw.

somehow bricking
A9LH has brick protection so that is wrong too. As long as you don't corrupt firm. Rxtools doesn't check nand restore and can brick your 3ds.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a r4 3ds for ds / dsi games.
Gba games are better on psp / vita ( my point of view, but try it you will see, screen are better, and game for majority fully enjoyable even if it is not perfect emulation )
I agree for the main problem : updating nand ... In my case I have nearly nothing on sysnand, every dump I made are installed on emunand, so make the difference is easy in my case even drunk :rofl2:

Last edited by chocoboss,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a r4 3ds for ds / dsi games.
Gba games are better on psp / vita ( my point of view, but try it you will see, screen are better, and game for majority fully enjoyable even if it is not perfect emulation )
I agree for the main problem : updating nand ... In my case I have nearly nothing on sysnand, every dump I made are installed on emunand, so make the difference is easy in my case even drunk :rofl2:
In the a9lh guide you flash emunand to sysnand trasfering all your games, friends, and nnid to sysnand and deleting emunand.

KevinC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The vast, vast majority of people who bricked installing A9LH did so due to user error, due to skipping steps or using the wrong files. Also, what was said was something along the lines of "I'll probably brick because I have an o3DS", to which I said it's fine even if it is an o3DS as many, and even I have A9LHaxxed multiple o3DSs. About the OTPless install, the bug that caused two people (as far as I know) to brick has been fixed.

I replied to someone who was saying they'd install A9LH. As such, I was talking about A9LH specifically.

Well as long as you said "vast majority" considering this messed up my brick https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax at The release of SafeA9LHInstaller corresponding to your device: N3ds

what seemed to be the cause of a bricked console for someone else basically for a few seconds of the process your 3DS is in a dodgy position where the keystore is tweaked, the system then soft resets and finishes the install, its at this point where a random ill timed freeze can result in a brick as a hard reset while the keystore is "tweaked" results in a bricked system

while the dev said he fixed it in the latest version 2.6.1 but the guide points it to 2.5.1 still
(https://github.com/AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller/releases/tag/v2.5.1)

btw I didn't even know about the version update until a few days ago since it only showed 2.5.1 as shown above

so he did a good job there with his guide actually amazed how he didn't fix it yet after 1-2 weeks later guess no one told him yet since the chance of happening is low enough I guess

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Well as long as you said "vast majority" considering this messed up my brick https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax at The release of SafeA9LHInstaller corresponding to your device: N3ds

while the dev said he fixed it in the latest version 2.6.1 but the guide points it to 2.5.1 still
(https://github.com/AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller/releases/tag/v2.5.1)

btw I didn't even know about the version update until a few days ago since it only showed 2.5.1 as shown above

so he did a good job there with his guide actually amazed how he didn't fix it yet after 1-2 weeks later guess no one told him yet since the chance of happening is low enough I guess
I wonder, are there two different releases of SafeA9LHInstaller depending on the device? If so, that should be changed, to avoid potential confusion.

KevinC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder, are there two different releases of SafeA9LHInstaller depending on the device? If so, that should be changed, to avoid potential confusion.

I'm 100% sure he shouldn't have formatted it that way and instead gave a link to the most updated version would have stopped my Brick

but yeah I don't believe there is two different releases of SafeA9LHInstaller

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes I have it installd and updated to latest fw and my backups are working so that means I've done everything ok?
Just skip the FBI injection thing and proceed using your normal FBI installation. There are some finishing touches in the guide.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somehow bricking or accidentally updating sysnand on a9lh is less risky than bricking emunand on rxtools? Downplaying the risks involved with every method is just dishonest ;)
the only way A9LH Sys nand bricking is more dangerous than an emunand brick /potentially a 9.2 Sysnand brick is you Hose FIRM0/FIRM1 (which is where A9LH is, as long these remain intact or there arent bad blocks in teh NAND [which shouldnt be happening yet even on teh first run of 3DS's, you can always Restore a Backup by booting Decrypt9, as A9LH boots so early in the Chain of trust well before anything to the Home menu can.)

that is the biggest Reason A9LH -> Menuhax for loading CFW, its not necessary to HAVETO go A9LH as even luma has FIRM protection (but its not infallible)

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actual setup :
*CtrBootManager
*Decrypt9WIP

WTF, how did you get that menu?
Seems really useful to boot everything. This sure doesn't seem like HBC at all.

EDIT: On topic: I would boot up rxTools after creating an emuNAND just to check if emuNAND works, I mean, rxTools shows RX-E [version number] Which RX-E Tells that you're on emuNAND. Where RX-S tells you're on sysNAND.
Luma doesn't show that, so atleast rxTools is useful for checking ^^

Last edited by thekarter104,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head