gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I have no need for any of that other than the latter. As for the latter, I don't mind Xorpads/PC since I'm used to it.
Uh.. It's easy to switch, so why so reluctant? It'd be one thing if it were time-consuming But it is not.
You spend more time messing with Xorpads than you would by installing Luma.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh.. It's easy to switch, so why so reluctant? It'd be one thing if it were time-consuming But it is not.
You spend more time messing with Xorpads than you would by installing Luma.

Because if I switch to Luma, it's literally not going to change anything for me at this moment?

D

Deleted User

I have the sudden urge to make a fork of Luma which throws a bunch of stuff from things like Decrypt9 and Uncart into the Luma config screen. I'd call it "thTools" or something for the hell of it.
It'd probably only be for fun and not something people should use as their main CFW since I don't really know how to code.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Because if I switch to Luma, it's literally not going to change anything for me at this moment?
No need for Xorpads, you're preventing having to change cuz your setup breaks, or whatever. Plus, Luma is actually actively supported.

Reactions: Deleted User

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have no need for any of that other than the latter. As for the latter, I don't mind Xorpads/PC since I'm used to it.
The thing is, it's not hard to switch. You are basically spending more time doing this, when you have better options that take up far less time to set up/use.
Setting up a new CFW only takes a few minutes (if that) of your time to do and setting up Decrypt9 only adds maybe another 30 seconds to the set up.

Actually, it will change a lot for you. Not only giving you a stable/supported CFW, but tons of new features that are either no longer working in RXTools or aren't in RXTools. Add Decrypt9 to the mix and you get all of the actual RXTools, but actually stable and usable tools.

I have the sudden urge to make a fork of Luma which throws a bunch of stuff from things like Decrypt9 and Uncart into the Luma config screen. I'd call it "thTools" or something for the hell of it.
It'd probably only be for fun and not something people should use as their main CFW since I don't really know how to code.
Someone is actually working on that right now

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I recently forked Corbenik just so I see how much I can change without breaking it :D

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The thing is, it's not hard to switch. You are basically spending more time doing this, when you have better options that take up far less time to set up/use.
Setting up a new CFW only takes a few minutes (if that) of your time to do and setting up Decrypt9 only adds maybe another 30 seconds to the set up.

Actually, it will change a lot for you. Not only giving you a stable/supported CFW, but tons of new features that are either no longer working in RXTools or aren't in RXTools. Add Decrypt9 to the mix and you get all of the actual RXTools, but actually stable and usable tools.

Someone is actually working on that right now
Perhaps today I will get the very first pre-release of Lima3DS [emoji14] I delayed it since I had a lot of personal problems (with my girlfriend and my job :'( ) but perhaps will make a thread today on afternoon (or at night) :D

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Perhaps today I will get the very first pre-release of Lima3DS [emoji14] I delayed it since I had a lot of personal problems (with my girlfriend and my job :'( ) but perhaps will make a thread today on afternoon (or at night) :D
Lima3DS ftw

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
it's changed to "downgrade to 2.1 regardless of version (if 9.2 or lower), install a9lh, update, inject fbi". no more 9.2 updates.

They recommend to downgrade/ctrtransfer straight from whatever version <9.2 to 2.1 to get otp?
I remember the older one REQUIRED you to update straight to 9.2, then downgrade before getting said otp. That was one of the reasons i chose to stick to menuhax+lesshax before a9lh.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
They recommend to downgrade/ctrtransfer straight from whatever version <9.2 to 2.1 to get otp?
I remember the older one REQUIRED you to update straight to 9.2, then downgrade before getting said otp. That was one of the reasons i chose to stick to menuhax+lesshax before a9lh.
It changed. Much simpler now.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Any harm if the 3ds has been boxed up for the biggest part of the year:creep:
When I do decide to update\rehack whats the recommend guide\ link please
Just use Plailect's guide. It's pretty easy and safe to install A9LH nowadays, and it's very worth it.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
@gnmmarechal well i just realized as long @astronautlevel or @Aurora Wright never implement 11.10 Native Firm support to BootNTR THATS ONE BIG NAIL IN RXTOOLS COFFIN :D as rxTool users will Haveto Switch for now to continue using NTR <3
Huh, BootNTR will certainly be updated to support 11.1.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, BootNTR will certainly be updated to support 11.1.

for now they're SOL espically if they didnt backup thier Emunand before updating :D and for the rxTool Biblethumpers that are going as so far to Convert l;uma users back to rxtools or white Knighting against luma only one perfect response :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or rather, why?