Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPantsEyes

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In this thread: Autism.

I still use a Gateway and everything works fine, so why should I change it? I don't care about the CFW, I care about the games. And with Gatway I can play all the games I want (except GBA, but I have a Wii U for that).

"MUH 2 SECONDS FASTER BOOTING TIMES XD"
"MUH A9LH MASTER RACE XD"
Do you people even play games?

D

Deleted User

I still use a Gateway and everything works fine, so why should I change it? I don't care about the CFW, I care about the games. And with Gatway I can play all the games I want (except GBA, but I have a Wii U for that).

Most of the times it's not about how fast the 3DS can boot, with or without A9LH, also A9LH provides brick protection, and Nintendo Update Protection
Anyways soon rxTools will be broke forever, once Nintendo force the 3DS to use a newer kernel version than 9.6, and once that happens your rxTools emuNAND will not boot anymore

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Deleted User

xyxa

Dokoro
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Most of the times it's not about how fast the 3DS can boot, with or without A9LH.
Anyways soon rxTools will be broke forever, once Nintendo force the 3DS to use a newer kernel version than 9.6, and once that happens your rxTools emuNAND will not boot anymore
He's going to refute your post by saying that he's using Gateway.

D

Deleted User

This thread is about rxTools not Gateway.
And yes, I do play games. It's just that I prefer not having to unwrap my out-of region titles on every boot and have to put them back where they were, and I also like having emulators that work well. I don't even think these people who are using rxTools need to switch to a9lh, I just think they need to switch to a better CFW so their experience is better.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nope I spend all day turning my ds on and off just for style.

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not sure about others, but I use A9LH so I CAN play games better. Being able to quickly boot into the Nand of choice and play the game, rather than waiting 10+ seconds to play the game. The real benefit though is the nearly impossible chance of bricking (yea it's actually still possible even with a Nand backup) in the case you screw up, or even naturally brick it.
It's possible to brick a lot of devices just by updating them. Take iOS 10 for example.. for the first hour, every single person who did it OTA bricked their phone.

Then there's the added benefit of complete control over your 3ds.. which a normal cfw with arm9 access somewhat has. I think A9LH is one up on the chain for how it's cfw loads. W/o A9LH you need to boot into a sysNand<=9.2 and from there enter your cfw
A9LH boots straight to your cfw or payload and works on nearly every fw.
But yea, I actually just did it for faster boot and nearly impossible chance to brick because I poke around on my 3ds a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't mean I don't play games though. That's the initial reason why I wanted to get into 3ds CFW. I myself started on RxTools but recently I installed Luma on my 2ds, then even more recently bought a used o3ds and used dsiware to downgrade and installed A9LH to get even more control over my system and such. I don't think anyone had the intention of hacking their 3ds just to hack it. It's still a gaming console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I know, but every time I tell someone I use Gateway, they try to convince me to change to CFW.
Then tell them that GW is a CFW too (which is true, the card is just for the multirom) and still has support, by the way, my recomendation is to have dualboot with GW + open-source CFW, but is just that, a recomendation [emoji14]

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

MisterPantsEyes

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok if you guys are really this smart, tell me how I can get another CFW, while keeping all my installed games and saves.

My sysNAND is on 4.5 (was higher, but downgraded with GW downgrader).

If it actually works well, I will thank you. If it bricks my 3DS, i will hate you.

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the times it's not about how fast the 3DS can boot, with or without A9LH, also A9LH provides brick protection, and Nintendo Update Protection

If it takes five seconds to switch to Luma3DS now, it'll take five seconds to switch to Luma3DS when rxTools stops working.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why are you mad at Supercard, they made it 10x easier to reverse engineer GW's code :P
They got me, take me out couch!
How about you let people switch over when they HAVE to? rxTools isn't broken yet, and if it works perfectly for those who have it, let them use it.
They can, but I am trying to help them now instead of waiting for something to happen. And RXTools is broken, RXMode may work, but the actual RXTools themselves are broken. If someone is only using RXMode, then they really have no reason to continue to use RXTools.
I am trying to get the community to actually update to supported CFWs. That way they can get proper bugfixes and proper help. Whenever a bug is found in RXTools, it's a bug that will never get fixed. Compared to when a bug is found in any of the current CFW. It not only helps the user get the best support possible, but helps the community because it helps fix bugs in the current CFWs.

This thread was not made to be mean nor to bash RXTools/RXtools users. I am trying to help push the community forward.

This thread i not about Gateway, please do not derail it with Gateway chatter. I know it was brought up, but I don't wait to see this thread turn into a gatewayhate/love thread.

Ok if you guys are really this smart, tell me how I can get another CFW, while keeping all my installed games and saves.

If it actually works well, I will thank you. If it bricks my 3DS, i will hate you.
Switching CFWs takes like 5 seconds. I even explained why it's not a big deal.
And updating to say A9LH has become an extremely painless process and currently has a pretty low brick rate.

Last edited by The Catboy,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

follow the holy 3ds bible pailects guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/ backup your saves beforehand ofc in the low chance that you manage to brick

Reactions: DrkBeam
D

Deleted User

I believe the only way to get two CFWs then without upgrading to a9lh would be to use browserhax (not even sure if browserhax works on 4.x, I can't remember right now) or to upgrade to a higher firmware (9.2) and set up menuhax and a bootmanager of some sort.
If it takes five seconds to switch to Luma3DS now, it'll take five seconds to switch to Luma3DS when rxTools stops working.
But when rxTools DOES stop working, what if you update and are unable to switch CFWs when you update, so you're screwed until you can switch CFWs.
I had an issue like that when I first set up rxTools, I set it up, updated and would get a blackscreen on boot, and wasn't able to fix it until noon the day after.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it takes 5 minutes to switch now. it takes probably an hour for someone who isnt active in this community to figure out that rxtools is their problem

D

Deleted-379826

But that 2 seconds faster booting time will let us play our games faster, no?

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Your games/save will have not side effects, you can try by launching Luma3DS via browser (you need firmware.bin if you want to boot from 4.x, it is provided on Luma's github), unfortunaly, Luma doesn't have a bootstrap for mset, but you always can move directly to A9LH with ctrnand transfer without the need to upgrade to 9.2 (it doesn't take more than 40 minutes and there is no risk), also you will be able to use BootCtr9 to use GW as your default CFW and Luma3DS as secundary (and still use emunand if you want) or viceversa, if you still want to use mset, you can ask for a rop on Luma's github.

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about trying to play retroarch, or use the lastest DS mode discovers, or playing out-of-region games downloaded from freeshop/ciangel, or having good nand backups, or convert 3ds to cia without the need of xorpads without PC tools?
Good luck with that ;)

I have no need for any of that other than the latter. As for the latter, I don't mind Xorpads/PC since I'm used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    btei @ btei: why does blue flavour taste so yummay