Gaming Please advice a decent game... Definitely not Mario!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

If you don't like mario than nintendo is not for you. You want a good story? Buy a book and read it. Ace attorney is the best game I can offer you . You can also play some hentai games on your pc. This games has excellent story (I think...) or you can watch some movies with some story. I can tell you story if you want.

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you list any games that you DID like? That would probably help a lot!

Until then, though, I'm going to suggest Kid Icarus: Uprising! It's extremely fast-paced, requires no grinding, has legitimately funny dialogue, and a couple descent plot twists. It doesn't require much thinking either!

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Already played on Xbox360. And I am not a MGS fan, actually (imho best game was Metal Gear for MSX, nearly perfect game I would say), so I finished MGS1, and I totally disappointed in this conception of bosses etc. So MGS3 my friend played and I just watched. Do not want to play it on 3DS.

Resident have pretty mediocre story and not great gameplay. Never was able to understand why such sort of game got lot of fans. Seems it was something new back in the days, but now I never got catched by it.
Resident Evil Revelations looks mediocre at first but it's actually a very solid game.
I highly recommend it.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is my opinion:
We need a completly different concept of game...
Idk why 3ds not use augmented reality .. think about fighting pokemon in the air around the house/street/bus 1VS1 ...
Microsoft holo?

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Jeez, just sell it and buy a psp,or something.

I have a PSP already. You have examples what to play on Vita in English? By me most normal interesting games (for example want to play Time Travellers) are in japanese.

Can you list any games that you DID like? That would probably help a lot!

I actually posted a small game list on NDS and 3DS which I liked. Will try Kid Icarus then.

you might wanna consider getting a smartphone. 3DS is definitely not for you.
I bought 3ds exactly because I was unable to find anything decent for my taste on smartphone or psp.

Read a book. Good dialogue and story in them books.

Yes, but in them is too few interaction :) Lets say, I would like story like in 999 or in dunno, Vagrant story. MGS 1 story is fine too. They also have good dialogues. MGS 3 I already saw on Xbox360, so no meaning to play on 3ds for me (not a fan).

Resident Evil Revelations looks mediocre at first but it's actually a very solid game.
I highly recommend it.

Okay, put it in a list. So, by now I have 4 games: Project X Zone (just for fun to see all that VG heroes), Bravely Default, Resident Revelations and that Kid icarus (but I am doubt in it as seems too childish by me).

Streets of Rage (3D) :)
I actually told no fighting games... I played this one on Sega MD back in the days, never got amused with it.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a PSP already. You have examples what to play on Vita in English? By me most normal interesting games (for example want to play Time Travellers) are in japanese.
The only great PSP titles I've seen were made by Square-Enix.
All the rest is pretty much shovelware, recycled PS2 games or weeaboo stuff.

The Vita is the same, but without the good Square-Enix (or PS2, hehe) stuff.

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Square Enix... Yes, Valkyrie Profile - liked the story. FF0 - good story, but the efforts to see it... I am too casual for this. Crisis Core is ok.

But, well, we're speaking now about 3ds. That's a pity - no decent RPG, no interesting VN or adventure games, really? Everyone play Mario and other Nintendo-relateds? Arcade platform only?

Well, if all of this is true, then seems yes, even old PSP have a much wider range of games I like...

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Rune Factory 4, it has hella stuff to do but no story at all. Its just a guy/gurl fall from a ship and he/she became an amnesiac. Run a farm,kill monsters, tame monsters, find urself a waifu and etc.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Square Enix... Yes, Valkyrie Profile - liked the story. FF0 - good story, but the efforts to see it... I am too casual for this. Crisis Core is ok.

But, well, we're speaking now about 3ds. That's a pity - no decent RPG, no interesting VN or adventure games, really? Everyone play Mario and other Nintendo-relateds? Arcade platform only?

Well, if all of this is true, then seems yes, even old PSP have a much wider range of games I like...
The 3rd Birthday is also great.

Now for 3DS games... have you played Zero Escape - Virtue's Last Reward?

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
First post: 3. Played Virtue Last Reward. Good dialogues, but TOO SLOW. Do not have 20 hours to play a game, please.

I actually completed it (18 hours or so), but that extra-long-for-nothing-and-almost-same-and-unskippable-dialogues-but-required-to-see-true-ending drived me mad. Also some puzzles are absolutely out-of-mind, I doubt (for some of them) that exist more than 10 persons who could figure them on their own without easy mode. Also that "3d models and environment" - why make a good game so ugly-looking? 999 was 200% better in both visual and story. And (seems only my problem?) Uchikoshi always tell same story. If it is game from him, it would be always related to time paradoxes and quantum multi-universe theory. Going on from his first Never7, Ever17 etc etc. 999 looked new and fresh, but in the end - again the time-related thing, now with that "morphogenetic fields"...

Anyway, if you have a good VN in english for 3ds you can advice it too.

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
There are a lot of Nintendo DS games that fit your description. Are those okay or does it have to be 3DS?

I most likely already played all the DS game you plan to advice, as I also have DSi for a long time. So now just want to understand, if there any worth games on native 3ds for my tastes.

How about Monster Hunter 4G?

I never play in online, and I played MH3 on PSP and it was very boring in single-player.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Go play some VN, the PSP is more adequate for that.
I don't know, get VNDS and run it in DS mode. WTF.

I myself enjoy PersonaQ and SMT4, but you already said no SMT.
I would also recommend a Vita and P4G, if not by the previous remark.

Scorp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
I do not want to play DS homebrew, ok? I want to find out something decent on native 3ds. I already have a PSP and DSi and played the games I wanted, why you still tell me to use them?

I have a personal hate to SMT series, I do not like any Persona, Devil Summoners, Survivors, etc.

Also, it is very feeble platform it seems, as for example I ask for some RPG with good story - only thing you can advice is Fire Emblem, Bravely or SMT. For example if we take PSP or DSi - there is much wider choice.

How it came that console, released in 2011 have after 4 years just 3-4 games? Every person worldwide enjoy just Mario, Zelda and nothing else is needed? Bah...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol