Hacking Playstation Vita Hacking News/Overview/FAQ

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
It can run VHBL and CEF, but since it'll probably ship with latest firware, you'll need to hope someone releases a new exploit for it

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Breaking News June 10th 2014:
Total-Noob is back and has outdone himself yet again! This time updating TN-V to version 9 and giving us sound for PSX games within the ECFW! No release date is given yet, but this is a major step in the Vita hacking scene!

http://wololo.net/2014/06/10/total_...or-custom-converted-ps1-games-on-the-ps-vita/

And I just (two weeks ago) updated my PSV for PS Plus games and the new features. Oh well, still got a PSP with a 4gb card to play on.
Hopefully there'll be another exploit soon for the newest firmware.

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And I just (two weeks ago) updated my PSV for PS Plus games and the new features. Oh well, still got a PSP with a 4gb card to play on.
Hopefully there'll be another exploit soon for the newest firmware.

You might just have some luck!

http://wololo.net/2014/06/06/will-there-be-a-new-release-of-a-ps-vita-ecfw-in-near-future/

June 19th 2014:
Total-Noob has released TN-V9 and 9.5, TN-V9 brought PSX games with sound to the Vita and TN-V9.5 added further compability and fixes for PS1 games. Update through TN-V or manually update with your supported game!

http://wololo.net/2014/06/19/release-total-noobs-tn-v9-5-ecfw-is-now-available/

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i'm wondering if there is anyone working on a REAL vita hack for native vita functions.....

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yifan Lu is, just google it. Also TN-V is nothing short of an amazing feat, it's part of several Vita hacks as well.
I know my stuff,but i used euphemism cause they haven't got almost no result on what i was asking
Lu just got the encrypted code,and since then wasn't able to decrept it...
TN-V?you call an emulator for psp a native vita hack?
how about mentioning katsu then since he made a couple of things for vita tv?

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know my stuff,but i used euphemism cause they haven't got almost no result on what i was asking
Lu just got the encrypted code,and since then wasn't able to decrept it...
TN-V?you call an emulator for psp a native vita hack?
how about mentioning katsu then since he made a couple of things for vita tv?

When did I ever say it was a native Vita hack?

I am saying however that ECFW is nothing short of amazing. Better to have TN-V and other ECFWs than nothing at all. The reason I said that is because you're implying that it is easy to find a native Vita hack, at least with your last post. Don't disrespect Total-Noob and other hackers because they haven't found a native hack.

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When did I ever say it was a native Vita hack?

I am saying however that ECFW is nothing short of amazing. Better to have TN-V and other ECFWs than nothing at all. The reason I said that is because you're implying that it is easy to find a native Vita hack, at least with your last post. Don't disrespect Total-Noob and other hackers because they haven't found a native hack.
hackers are not to be worshipped either,or do you think they work day and night just for the network?
and i wasn't disrespected them,just criticising some of them,also,enough with the "then you find an hack" response
if some of them are claiming to be working on one thing but they are stuck since one year ago but still be claiming to be on work then it's like the thing with the crown 3ds,just getting the hopes up on others
and if some others are wasting their time and effort on an useless thing compared to the main goal but still getting over-praising cheers,well...can't blame the haters too much

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hackers are not to be worshipped either,or do you think they work day and night just for the network?
and i wasn't disrespected them,just criticising some of them,also,enough with the "then you find an hack" response
if some of them are claiming to be working on one thing but they are stuck since one year ago but still be claiming to be on work then it's like the thing with the crown 3ds,just getting the hopes up on others
and if some others are wasting their time and effort on an useless thing compared to the main goal but still getting over-praising cheers,well...can't blame the haters too much

Except that these "hackers" have actually tried and/or are still trying to find exploits unlike Crown 3DS which is a complete scam. I've heard the progress bar goes backwards every once in a while.

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

I suggest you stop putting words into my mouth since I find that incredibly annoying. I never told you to "find a hack".

Except none of them promised us a hack. In fact the whole Vita hacking scene has been incredibly quiet. The only thing that could be considered a tease is the SKFU thing a year and a half ago: http://wololo.net/2013/01/25/skfu-interview-details-more-on-his-native-vita-hack/

Yifan Lu never promised us anything. He's just been sharing his progress these last two years.

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I suggest you stop putting words into my mouth since I find that incredibly annoying. I never told you to "find a hack".

Except none of them promised us a hack. In fact the whole Vita hacking scene has been incredibly quiet. The only thing that could be considered a tease is the SKFU thing a year and a half ago: http://wololo.net/2013/01/25/skfu-interview-details-more-on-his-native-vita-hack/

Yifan Lu never promised us anything. He's just been sharing his progress these last two years.
fine but can't say your not imply anything either....
the funny thing is that you were the one trying to liven up the vita scene in this forum and i just made my first hideous post as a result of that....
now is you that is putting something on my mouth,I never said that he promised us,just that he still is claiming to be working....
and in the first place,I don't expect anything from Yifan Lu at this point,it's you that mentioned him so i just comment on him...

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you acces PSN on 3.01 Vita using a software like YAB ?
No, if you were to access PSN, it would still prompt you to update. You can use OpenCMA to transfer games back-upped from your PC to your Vita, but that's it.

Check Wololo for more information.
It should have answers for any questions you have.

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I want to access PSN with a 3.01 Vita so i can get the exploitable game. Is there any way i can do that ?
the only way is to buy it with a ps3 and then transfer it to the vita.
There is no way with a vita alone currently so stop asking.

Bulba22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone! I need your help please, I've installed cfw on psp, wii and ps3 before, but never ps vita. I got a new ps vita 1001 today, the one with 3g/wifi and 8gb.
I've managed to download the tn core files, the psp 6.60 update and since the firmware is currently at 1.06 I was planing on using the UNO game or any other that I can find in the store. The open cma works perfectly, it doesn't ask me to update after using the r4fix and all of that. So my last step will be to buy the game and transfer it to my ps vita, then connect to my pc, transfer files and run exploit on vita....... and that's it right?............ :( but no, because for that my ps vita should already have my psn account on it, right? But been a new ps vita I can't do it without updating, in other words, all this process of getting a ecfw or the vhbl to work on the vita is only possible if you have downloaded your account to the ps vita before all of this updates, or at least update 3.01. So what are my options here? I have a ps3 with the latest ofw and another ps3 with cfw (rebug). Because I can trasnfer all the files from my pc to the ps vita, but if I connect the vita to the ps3 to transfer the game I'm going to exploit, it will ask me to update the ps vita. Sorry for the big paragraph but by giving you all this information I can avoid to waste your time. Maybe I'm forgetting something, I'm not sure but any help will be most appreciated :lol: Edited> After tons of reading, I have no choice but to update and wait for the next release for 3.15. If you feel like corroborating my conclusion just say YES. Also how can I erase this post?

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone! I need your help please, I've installed cfw on psp, wii and ps3 before, but never ps vita. I got a new ps vita 1001 today, the one with 3g/wifi and 8gb.
I've managed to download the tn core files, the psp 6.60 update and since the firmware is currently at 1.06 I was planing on using the UNO game or any other that I can find in the store. The open cma works perfectly, it doesn't ask me to update after using the r4fix and all of that. So my last step will be to buy the game and transfer it to my ps vita, then connect to my pc, transfer files and run exploit on vita....... and that's it right?............ :( but no, because for that my ps vita should already have my psn account on it, right? But been a new ps vita I can't do it without updating, in other words, all this process of getting a ecfw or the vhbl to work on the vita is only possible if you have downloaded your account to the ps vita before all of this updates, or at least update 3.01. So what are my options here? I have a ps3 with the latest ofw and another ps3 with cfw (rebug). Because I can trasnfer all the files from my pc to the ps vita, but if I connect the vita to the ps3 to transfer the game I'm going to exploit, it will ask me to update the ps vita. Sorry for the big paragraph but by giving you all this information I can avoid to waste your time. Maybe I'm forgetting something, I'm not sure but any help will be most appreciated :lol: Edited> After tons of reading, I have no choice but to update and wait for the next release for 3.15. If you feel like corroborating my conclusion just say YES. Also how can I erase this post?

Yes, you need an account on your Vita to transfer games from your PS3, also it has the be the same account as the PS3 one, since the license only works for that account. No need to delete your post, it's best if it stays here for future reference.

Bulba22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you need an account on your Vita to transfer games from your PS3, also it has the be the same account as the PS3 one, since the license only works for that account. No need to delete your post, it's best if it stays here for future reference.
Ok, I waited all this time to get a ps vita, I can surely wait some more. Thank you!

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
check my old thread to update to any firmware you like (but only forward) http://gbatemp.net/threads/updating-my-old-vita-firmware.363986/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit