Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the updates, Ryu!

December 21st 2013: TN-V5 is out!
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=36222

BREAKING NEWS (December 21st 2013): The other Ninja Release was leaked today and has been pulled from PSN. I once again urge you guys not to leak these releases as this is the result. The lucky ones who managed to get it will still get the exploit files in due time!
http://wololo.net/2013/12/21/so-we-had-a-new-ninja-release-for-you-but

December 21st 2013: Much news today: King of Pool exploit works on 3.01, grab it while you can! Also TN-V6 has been released!
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=36222&sid=31f6c3df1f2905988b25d0a522a12fe9
http://wololo.net/2013/12/21/king-of-pool-still-exploitable-on-firmware-3-01-hurry-up-and-get-it

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
What i don't understand about this wololo guy and his cfw, why not find exploits in retail vita games on cartridges? That way sony can't remove them so fast, just like the gta exploit on that psp game, it's pretty sily to base your cfw and exploits on digital software if you know it's going to be taken down by sony, unless someone has more info behind why wololo uses digital instead of retail.

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What i don't understand about this wololo guy and his cfw, why not find exploits in retail vita games on cartridges? That way sony can't remove them so fast, just like the gta exploit on that psp game, it's pretty sily to base your cfw and exploits on digital software if you know it's going to be taken down by sony, unless someone has more info behind why wololo uses digital instead of retail.

What are you going on about? The Vita doesn't play UMDs, the only way to play PSP games on a Vita is buy getting them digitally. This is not a Native Vita hack, this hacks the PSP emulator not much unlike how you can hack the DS emulator in a 3DS. In short there are no physical games with exploits.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
What are you going on about? The Vita doesn't play UMDs, the only way to play PSP games on a Vita is buy getting them digitally. This is not a Native Vita hack, this hacks the PSP emulator not much unlike how you can hack the DS emulator in a 3DS. In short there are no physical games with exploits.

I know the vita doesn't play umds, i was talking about the hack on the original psp there was a exploit in a psp game to get cfw on your psp, can't that wololo guy use a vita game to hack the psp side of things or is it not possible?

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know the vita doesn't play umds, i was talking about the hack on the original psp there was a exploit in a psp game to get cfw on your psp, can't that wololo guy use a vita game to hack the psp side of things or is it not possible?

Wololo only more or less works as an information hub about releases. We have Total_Noob, Coldbird and many more to thanks for the current Usermode exploits. If you want to follow Native Vita hacking you should check Yifan Lu's blog (http://yifan.lu/). He recently started digging around the Vita's hardware to help the hacking scene.

A year ago he posted this, in which he claimed to have some custom code running:

http://yifan.lu/2012/12/12/playstation-vita-the-progress-and-the-plan/

He also wrote some articles on why hacking the Vita is so hard:

http://wololo.net/2013/09/14/yifan-lu-why-hacking-the-vita-is-hard/
http://wololo.net/2013/03/03/the-vita-hacking-scene-a-community-in-need-of-fresh-blood/

Another user named SKFU also seems to be able running custom code, but nothing new has been said on the subject since this article:

http://wololo.net/2013/01/25/skfu-interview-details-more-on-his-native-vita-hack/

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, Yifan Lu is working very hard on getting hardware access. Many people go on about the PSP firmware 1.00 running unsigned code right out of the box, but it wasn't that easy. The creator of the first homebrew (hello world), nem, dumped the flash by soldering wires to it. Just find a ps2dev forum archive and you can relive the past in all its glory.

So with the PSP we had the luxury of putting EBOOT.PBP files using a regular windows box on our memory stick duos, pop them in our PSPs, and it worked (I'm still in awe at PsP-Dev's kxploit... that one MADE PSP homebrew as it allowed launch US models to participate as well, swaploit was just a tiny bitsy less awesome but awesome nonetheless).

So back to VITA. I can think of really only two "respectable" ways to get homebrew on our VITA's: (1) somehow being able to read/write VITA memory cards using a PC but using your VITA's unique key to en/decrypt (egg&chicken), (2) somehow set up a fake PSN store where you 'download' your homebrew (which would then require some kind of fake certificate but accepted by your VITA). {apparently something very rudamentary like that exists, the PlayStop Network?}

The "unrespectable" way will go through the GameCard slot. GameCards will have to work on any VITA so they are not tied to a unique key. Perhaps we can use some kind of SHA1 collision to use a genuine game's signature to fakesign a homebrew. Unrespectable of course because of all the "but think about the piratesssz" crap that will follow.

Also don't forget that in the PSP case, there were many ways to find the names for functions; some were in debug info left in retail games, Metrowerx CodeWarrior for PSP was leaked with some stuff, there was even a "guesser" tool (obfuscated names had the SHA1 has of the actual function names). It was a bit of a "race" for people to submit function templates for every prx in the OS. And the existing ps2 toolchain was more or less easily adapted for psp use.

For the VITA it remains to be seen how quickly a useful, working development environment can be created.

Mrbigg

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys i have 2 questions

if i do hack my ps vita will it still be ok to buy games for the vita alongside?

example i could have my back up god of war psp game but i may want to play killzone mercanary online would that be ok or is it one or the other hack or no hack

2nd question
when we are told what the next exploit will be and you say to get it asap once it is off the psn does that mean i cannot edit what i put in the exploit anymore?

So while it is in the store i can chop and change what files i transfer over to the vita but once it has gone from psn i cannot edit the files and transfer to vita anymore so what you have you have to keep have i got that right.

Thanks for your help

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Guys i have 2 questions

if i do hack my ps vita will it still be ok to buy games for the vita alongside?

example i could have my back up god of war psp game but i may want to play killzone mercanary online would that be ok or is it one or the other hack or no hack

2nd question
when we are told what the next exploit will be and you say to get it asap once it is off the psn does that mean i cannot edit what i put in the exploit anymore?

So while it is in the store i can chop and change what files i transfer over to the vita but once it has gone from psn i cannot edit the files and transfer to vita anymore so what you have you have to keep have i got that right.

Thanks for your help
If you hack PSP mode, you will NOT be able to go online, wither for games or the PSN store, without permanently losing the hack unless the hacked firmware is still the latest one. Playing games will work if the game does not come bundled with a firmware version higher than the one you currently have.
About the exploit, from what I know: basically there's a game with an exploit on the PSN. As soon as Sony knows, they remove the game, fix the exploit and put the game back online. So if you download the game after that, the exploit will be gone.

Reactions: Mrbigg

Mrbigg

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Arras

So basically i have to make the choice to hack or not to hack tough choice there is no middle ground DAMN!!! lol

Thanks again

If you hack PSP mode, you will NOT be able to go online, wither for games or the PSN store, without permanently losing the hack unless the hacked firmware is still the latest one. Playing games will work if the game does not come bundled with a firmware version higher than the one you currently have.
About the exploit, from what I know: basically there's a game with an exploit on the PSN. As soon as Sony knows, they remove the game, fix the exploit and put the game back online. So if you download the game after that, the exploit will be gone.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually, you can buy games from the PSN if you use a PS3. You don't need the highest firmware for this. Just download the game to the PS3, then transfer it to the Vita.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks Arras

So basically i have to make the choice to hack or not to hack tough choice there is no middle ground DAMN!!! lol

Thanks again
In my opinion, it's better to play PSP games on a modded PSP which can be gotten for pretty cheap or on a PC using an emulator - if you do that, you can even increase the render quality. On the other hand, hacking the Vita's PSP mode will make you lose access to quite a few things, it's a bit tricky because you need to get the ninja release before it's gone and you won't be able to download games anymore if you don't have a PS3 (especially if you have PS+ this is a dealbreaker).

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I will be putting my vita in storage till someone makes some proper headway.

You bought a Vita solely for hacking when there are tons of great games out there?

Persona 4 The Golden, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Tearaway, Dead or Alive 5+, Blazblue: Continuum Shift EXTEND, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, Gravity Rush, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Muramasa Rebirth and Hotline Miami.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended