Play Zelda BOTW with All DLC for FREE without CFW

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by raphamotta, May 3, 2017.

1. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    Very well made! I works very well for me! Maybe you can put a window saying it's successful swapped and another window to that prevent user to swap correct tik files (I mean warning that the legit ticket comes first). Good job!

@Lacius It's very strange, both DLC tickets needs to be in the same tik file. Did you backup your tik file? You can try use the @marc_max application to swap, it's a few posts above this one.

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Somehow, I had edited the keys.txt without realizing it (probably by accidentally typing or pasting something in the middle of it), which caused the discrepancies. I'll let you know if I get it working. I did this successfully with Mario Kart a long time ago.

raphamotta likes this.
  3. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Although the DLC tickets are 848 bytes, you have to allow the intervening tickets to be other lengths. For example, eShop titles, as previously mentioned, are 696. Fortunately, your script recognizes that someone's not as expected and it doesn't do anything. You have to be careful with tickets though, because someone's CBHC ticket might be in the file you're messing with. One mistake in that particular ticket bucket file, and the system can brick.
    Each line starts with the title ID. If you open the file in Notepad, it'll be wrong because Notepad doesn't understand the unix linefeed. However, if you have Word Wrap on, it'll look almost right, but it's actually breaking the line between the previous line's key and the file/offset.

So, you didn't corrupt the file, you just didn't read it with a program that understands it.

Madridi likes this.
  4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I realized not long after my post that that's what was going on. Regardless though, I cannot get this to work, and I cannot come up with any reason why it shouldn't.

Edit: Solved below.

Last edited by Lacius, May 5, 2017
  5. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Can't help you without a description of what doesn't work. Do you see both the real and the fake tickets? Did you see the 00 01 00 04 (start of ticket bytes) at the same offsets that the keys.txt says they were originally? Are they still at those offsets? Are those two tickets the only ones in the file? Are you saying that you're still getting the corrupt DLC message?

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Sorry, I thought I had been more specific in my previous post. Both the real and fake tickets are present in the file and at the correct offsets. I've tried with a hex editor and with the swapping program previously posted. I still get the data management corruption error.

I've also tried deleting the DLC in data management and starting the process over. Everything appears to be going well until I try launching the game without CFW after the swap.

Edit: I figured out the problem. Although I was using the American version of BOTW with American DLC (0005000c101c9400), I had the EUR version of the DLC installed (0005000c101c9500) from a long time ago too, even though I deleted the European version of the game and all its data from Data Management long ago. Deleting the 0005000c101c9500 ticket solved the problem and allowed the swapped 0005000c101c9400 ticket to function properly.

Last edited by Lacius, May 5, 2017
  7. trunske

trunske GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2016
    @raphamotta

I managed make it work, the Swap it was Correctly and can play Game with DLC but... When I go to eShop it appear I didnt pay for the DLC , So I have doubts about if we will have to make more Swaps... after Summer release and Winter Release...

Last edited by trunske, May 7, 2017
  8. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    I think that Wii U will download the DLCs automatically... But we'll see in the future.
    Obviously you don't see in eShop - because you haven't buyed the Season Pass

9. trunske

trunske GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2016
    That's the reason make me doubt xD
    I dont know if from eShop, Console Detect I havent own the DLC, and make me force to install again DLC from USBHelper and Swap Again

10. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    When you install a game using Wup Installe and go to eshop it will say that you don't have the game. The same happens with DLC. We only know if we need to swap again when the dlc was released. And also @marc_max made a very useful tool to edit the tickets. Will be easier to swap again. I will update the tutorial soon.

http://www.marcrobledo.com/wiiu-tik-fixer/

Last edited by raphamotta, May 7, 2017
    trunske likes this.
  11. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    eShop only removes console-specific tickets for titles where there is no longer any owner.

Once you've installed the ticket(s) for a title, the system will use the existing ones at installation time, just like it always does from eShop. There is no need for the install directory to have a ticket. You won't have to swap tickets again as long as you remember to remove the fake ticket from your install directory before you install it.

12. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Is there a fast way of finding my ticket other than reading them one by one?

13. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Step 8 of the OP (partially quoted below) tells you to run Tik2SD, then look at its output on the PC:
    Since that tells you where the tickets are (including offset within the file), what do you mean by 'finding my ticket'?

14. TheDarkGreninja

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Opened up Storage_slc, says listing directory failed. Im using FileZilla

15. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Which CFW are you running (mocha, haxchi, cbhc), and which version of FTPiiU_Everywhere are you running? (dimok or fix94, v4?)

16. TheDarkGreninja

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Running mocha and dimok

edit: resolved!

Last edited by TheDarkGreninja, May 8, 2017
  17. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    What version number of FTPiiU_everywhere shows when you start it, and where did it come from? I can test the same and make sure it's working if I know what it is.

Also, make sure you refresh your client directory cache if you've used other FTP servers on the Wii U.

Edit: Under Mocha, confirmed working with:
    FTPiiU_Everwhere dimok v0.4
    FTPiiU_Everwhere fix94 v0.4
    FTPiiU_Everwhere fix94 v0.4u2

All can reach the ticket directories.

Last edited by nexusmtz, May 8, 2017 - Reason: Tested
  18. TheDarkGreninja

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Ok, so I did everything correctly, but it gives an error when trying to boot the game.

Last edited by TheDarkGreninja, May 8, 2017
  19. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Make sure you don't have any illegitimate DLC installed for a different region of Breath of the Wild. In my case, my American version wouldn't work because I have illegitimate DLC installed on my European version.

20. TheDarkGreninja

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Im using an EU disc and USB helper says the DLC is EU, also.