Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Mgt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Solo hice estas capturas de pantalla jeje, ya salí de mi laboratorio jeje tengo que madrugar, mañana subiré más imágenes, muchas gracias a todos por su ayuda.
vvere a
Wrong 3.3V point
I will review this point again when I have the opportunity, thanks
Post automatically merged:

this looked neat, should try this next , less headache lol

hey guys, to grind and reveal this part here on oled do we need to use mini grinder? or its possible scrape it just only using scalpel ?
I always use a scalpel

SeriousC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OLED RP2040 install, First time i have had an issue but also the first oled install. I have done dual mosfet. When battery is plugged in i get blue LED then goes off. And then when i then click power button no LED shows and OFW boots. I have permanent DAT0 installed soldered under emmc. what have a missed?

edit:

I have the same problem, I have 2 mosfets connected and when I connect the battery only the peak turns on and the light turns off. What is the solution to this problem in Oled models?
Hey man. So just installed a oled HWFLY cpu flex and same result. My wiring is 100% legit so it’s either something with the rp2040 OR the oled doesn’t like the small enamelled wire, I am just going to flash another Pico and report back.

SeriousC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just solved this problem, I just changed the 3.3v cable to its correct place and now everything works perfectly. Thanks to everyone for the tips. the error was mine in this installation.
Also just solved mine. New Pico worked fine. Flashed the old one again and no luck. Not sure what that’s about. They are brand new lol

Reactions: Phantomas77

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Now i know why my order still waitng to ship from china ...
Just got an update from seller of RP2040Tiny "thanks for your order, but sorry to tell you that RP2040-Tiny-Kit has small quality problem, factory has recalled the products and reproduce. it need about another 1 month."
And now my wait begins...

Hey guys

EDIT: Could update it through payload picofly_toolkit. Now im facing the next issue FML.

When i go to console Info on Hekate it says eMMC is runing on lower mode but is still 400Mb. When i go out and revisit the console info it drops to 200 mb. The OFW seems also not starting. CFW is working. Any idea what the issue could be?

Maybe the wires are kinda long on a part somehow?
From the guide: "might be caused by not cleaned flux, bad soldering, lack of resistors, too long wires or too thin wires"
Had the same situation 3 days ago (on V1 unpatched switch). One additional 47R resistor on dat0 line solved the problem.
Maybe it was the wire (38awg single core) but I was too lazy to swap the wire so I tried the resistor first and it worked.

Last edited by QuiTim,

Thegribbs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Where are you guys placing the 2040?
I've got mine on top of the memory ICs, but it's a tight fit, even with the PCB cut down 😬 Plus, with the height of a standard waveshare board, it looks like it's going to hit the shield/heatsink anyway.

NandieeHU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Have a weird one and its already at my customer... He send me this video above.
May be You guys have experience with this issue?
He told me its boots fine at the first time into atmosphere but when he just installed some games the console just reboots into ofw. Then its no longer boots up into bootloader/atmosphere.
Customer will send it back to me today.

Attachments

• 0-02-05-43315623d98f536188bfbd3ba043ca53b67af086a3ea1048e7181ecc3ea0df76_82ae41b6398645bc.mp4
    3.9 MB
Last edited by NandieeHU,
Reactions: Modi

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He told me its boots fine at the first time into atmosphere but when he just installed some games the console just reboots into ofw. Then its no longer boots up into bootloader/atmosphere.
looks like cyan to me
something wrong with mosfets/cpu line

Marsowaty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey, I have a problem on my switch lite.
Picofly not working, i remove pico and flex.
Nintendo start OFW, but have a problem microsd. Try three microsd and nothing.
345115272_618104083533083_294229363869836835_n.jpg

And second question. Flex mosfet has three resistor that's right?
I have a bridged resistor (multimeter 0.000 and beep).
I marked in the picture, Please help me :cry:
pictures.jpg

dz213

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I used IRF8714 on Mariko.
Another guy used IRFH3707 on Lite.
I also think (didnt try yet) that IRF8736, AON7506, AON7518 should work. Check the parameters on these and try to find something similar if you are in the "experimenting" mood.
Good luck
hi
can you tell me which mosfet will work :
IRF8721
IRF8707
IRF8788
thank you

Modi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes ir cyna problem with mosfer.Make now over 30 + oled check install

Just got an update from seller of RP2040Tiny "thanks for your order, but sorry to tell you that RP2040-Tiny-Kit has small quality problem, factory has recalled the products and reproduce. it need about another 1 month."
And now my wait begins...
oooo for me some problem :
hello dear, thanks for your order, but sorry to tell you that RP2040-Tiny-Kit has small quality problem, factory has recalled the products and reproduce. it need about another 1 month. Could you please extend the delivery time by another 1 month? if you need the products urgently, please cancel the order. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. regards, Gintech team

Reactions: QuiTim

guillel90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes ir cyna problem with mosfer.Make now over 30 + oled check install

oooo for me some problem :
hello dear, thanks for your order, but sorry to tell you that RP2040-Tiny-Kit has small quality problem, factory has recalled the products and reproduce. it need about another 1 month. Could you please extend the delivery time by another 1 month? if you need the products urgently, please cancel the order. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. regards, Gintech team
I think that mine has been already sent, don't know why...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: