Hacking PCSXR-ReARMed on Wii?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nah, haven't had the chance to test it out yet, but I will for sure :P Too bad I can't report my bugs on those forums, I can always report them on GitHub :P If the links work for you, which it does, that means the link is fine on regular devices and not mobile friendly. Wait, so you tested the build too?
Nah I haven't tested it either. :P
I haven't tested the mGBA build from September 19th yet, that pretty much says it all. XD

And yes, the link is working perfectly on PCs, my bet goes into saying that GC-Forever is not mobile friendly, but it DOES work, both the forum link and the GitHub link, so stop saying it doesn't work guys, 'cause it does without a doubt.
I haven't tested the new WiiSXR, would like to try it but I don't have time to spare right now. :/

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah I haven't tested it either. :P
I haven't tested the mGBA build from September 19th yet, that pretty much says it all. XD

And yes, the link is working perfectly on PCs, my bet goes into saying that GC-Forever is not mobile friendly, but it DOES work, both the forum link and the GitHub link, so stop saying it doesn't work guys, 'cause it does without a doubt.
I haven't tested the new WiiSXR, would like to try it but I don't have time to spare right now. :/

Here's a video proving that the link works :P

Works fine here, will test that build later :D

Edit: Google Drive alt link for movie https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1i3usEfPbYrRU53cjlSdDZLQmc/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by the_randomizer,

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice work. I'm using it now it seems ever so slightly smoother with better sound compared to before. Also I like the fact it saves all the setting down and if it can't load a ISO it still lets you access the emulator menu so it shouldn't crash the system. I'm lookin for wud to see more of this project

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sound has been improved?
DAMN!
Gotta give it a try today!

Even better what you say about the crashes, I remember having to unplug the Wii U sometimes because of it.
Good thing that has no longer there!

Reactions: Margen67

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sound has been improved?
DAMN!
Gotta give it a try today!

Even better what you say about the crashes, I remember having to unplug the Wii U sometimes because of it.
Good thing that has no longer there!

I don't know where he got that, really, sounds doesn't sound any better, I don't know. Maybe that build on the thread isn't up to date, but it really didn't sound better oO Either way, I can report the audio still sound raspy/scratchy to me, IDK.:wacko:

Nice work. I'm using it now it seems ever so slightly smoother with better sound compared to before. Also I like the fact it saves all the setting down and if it can't load a ISO it still lets you access the emulator menu so it shouldn't crash the system. I'm lookin for wud to see more of this project

Sound has improved? You sure? I don't hear any Gaussian interpolation when i tried it, you sure? You did test this build, right? https://github.com/Mystro256/wiisxr/raw/master/Gamecube/WiiSX.dol I didn't hear any improved sound from when I tried it :unsure: No reverb, no interpolation and no sound sync was present; A good test is try Final Fantasy VII, there was no sync in the cursor sounds and the game crashes when you enter battle (Dynarec core). The games I did test ran pretty well, but the sound is still utter garbage.

Could you record it? I heard no reverberation, ADSR or Gaussian at all, much like the last version, then again, this is only the first build compiled, so maybe other builds have better sound? I think I might have missed something.

Reactions: Margen67

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I remember that crash from FFVII, sucks really bad. :P

Right, but that's not the point, the point is, the sound isn't actually better, there is no interpolation, no ADSR/echo, no reverberation, it's exactly the same as the last fork was, but this is only the first compiled build; I have to report this on GitHub. I don't know where he got the sound being better from, because it needs to be fixed, bad. Remember Bleem! way back when? Or VGS? Yeah, that kind of bad audio. I see potential, I do, but sound...is painful.

loco365

Trophies
XP
A good test is try Final Fantasy VII, there was no sync in the cursor sounds and the game crashes when you enter battle (Dynarec core). The games I did test ran pretty well, but the sound is still utter garbage.
On an old version of WiiSX (I'll have to check what version I'm running), I'm able to successfully run the Final Fantasy 7 demo that was included with Tobal 2. Battles work fine as well.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On an old version of WiiSX (I'll have to check what version I'm running), I'm able to successfully run the Final Fantasy 7 demo that was included with Tobal 2. Battles work fine as well.

Well, I recall that a dynrarec core issue caused the game to crash in battle, the only workaround is the interpreter core, which has even worse performance. I don't know what else I can do, I can keep testing games but
the bad audio plugin they use is absolutely painful and raspy. PCSX-R and ePSXe both use much smoother/cleaner audio, but these issues I need to report and I hope they can be fixed.

Yeah, I'm using dynarec I think. I'll have to find it and get a video of it running.

Dammit, because this new version should have it running to, but it doesn't, the stupid thing crashes. What can I do about audio?

loco365

Trophies
XP
Well, I recall that a dynrarec core issue caused the game to crash in battle, the only workaround is the interpreter core, which has even worse performance. I don't know what else I can do, I can keep testing games but
the bad audio plugin they use is absolutely painful and raspy. PCSX-R and ePSXe both use much smoother/cleaner audio, but these issues I need to report and I hope they can be fixed.
Yeah, I'm using dynarec I think. I'll have to find it and get a video of it running.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the same topic does not exist error on my tablet browser...

Back on topic though, hopefully this will have better compatibility than Wiisx

i really dont know why tablets and smart phones cant have a web browser in league with pc browsers....
They are plenty powerful enough and got enough ram. I was browsing the web on a pentium 2 laptop with 96mb ram and it still worked lol. If a laptop from 1997 can use the modern web then tablets and smartphones have no excuse.

Last edited by Captain_N,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo