PCH-2000 from Japan

jakevv

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

I'm new to group and also new to PSP Vita 2000. I'm looking to buy (used) Vita on Ebay from Japan (because it's cheaper). Questions that I have:

1) Does any Vita from Japan work in the USA? Anything I should look for when I purchase from Japan? Any region locks that I should look for?
2) What if something is wrong with Vita and I need to return it to Japan?
3) I want to modify Vita. I only work on Apple computers. Can I safely connect Vita to Apple and do mods (installing downloaded games)? Or can this be problematic?

Thanks for the advice.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Japanese vita would work fine, you can swap it to English, as for the only difference is that X and O buttons are swapped.

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding a like-new PS Vita 2000, look here. Here are some really nice ones in fantastic shape:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353982832093?hash=item526b055ddd:g:S2IAAOSwcqJkKnw4&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4Px78omC8zE2PJWWOx5THfeDSilXfSnt97/3mUboMxkNVkmaSR5kaxvESg7odmAXxpmV0ytUZnDQxRX9Us0K3GmDT6niasLOF0ic/uREIeAoR1tbAIVhzFPOnnPfr7Ms74Fo+UeZRE/LbFN4SGaFmQsuYouxKt+zlMhyxBTItK/mK6YTehzztIjRxZhdHCvyyz85s8+FnUDn0luInBHBvedHkvPXPWhVxml9Jy3kesQkhifLoTLwKSQpkytxQLnuzDfq+6g0Cr4EvuYbCdSVSj21KlvuC761d1tu6eqOWMKs|tkp:BFBMysj5p7Ri

1) The PS Vita is essentially region free. All you need to do is to select English as your preferred language (or any other language you like/prefer).

2) If something goes wrong with your Vita (and we DON'T mean you BRICKING IT) most sellers on eBay allow for a limited-time free return - but buyer pays for the return shipping.

3) You can mod your Vita without a computer -- use the popular vita.hacks.guide which has been turned into an excellent do-it-yourself hack that even a monkey could do...well, maybe. However, I cannot vouch for Apple computers, but I'd be SHOCKED if a PS Vita cannot interface with one...

Video:

And finally, the Japanese Vita's, as Hayato213 mentioned above, come with the "X" and "O" buttons reversed. But with the HenKaku/Enso hack above, there is an option under the HenKaku menu that allows you to fix that. See these two images:

As you can see in the above images, under Settings > HenKaku Settings, there is the "Button Behavior" option. I'm not too sure what the default setting on this was, but given that there are only 2 options it won't be hard to deal with.

When the setting is set to ENTER, the buttons are set to reverse, as I described above. Switch to "Cancel" and your "X" button will have the normal functionality of your average "X" button (select, start, etc). And likewise, the "O" button will retain its own functionality, like (cancel, back,, etc.).

And finally, watch that video posted above at least TWICE so that you are familiar with the hack and won't run into any hiccups or scary-as-hell "problems" when you're in the middle of hacking your PS Vita. Also before hacking your Vita, go into Settings>>Power Save Settings and MAKE SURE YOUR STANDBY MODE IS SET TO 30 MINUTES. You don't want to let your Vita go into SLEEP MODE in the middle of the hack, or you're SCREWED. Become familiar with AND comfortable with the instructions in the video, then HACK THAT PUPPY!!!

Let us know how it goes, and welome to the forums!!!

- Dizzy :toot:

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto