DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been doing some research over the little time I have had this system modified, in regards to the type of managers and tools out there for the platform. Currently looking for a save manager to use on the system, there appears to only be Vita Save Manager, and there also appears to be two versions of this software. A fork from a user named Kylon seems to be the more developed and fleshed out version of the original Vita Save Manager, however upon attempting to install the application, VitaShell warned me that the software needed escalated privileges and could access personal information. I don't do things carelessly, so I backed out while I still could and sat wondering why such software would need to know anything of the matter, or why it would need escalation. Asked in a couple places on Discord, didn't exactly get the details I was looking for. I'm not the most familiar with the PlayStation Vita platform as I am relatively new still. So maybe there's more information in regards to the software that I'm just not understanding, is it even safe at this point? I was told that this warning isn't anything unusual, however I could use some advice and or information. Thanks.

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Manually Installing any homebrew vpk will give you that warning message in vitashell. It's a normal warning that's meant as a precaution
For your save manager question. I use Vita Save Manager Plus. Same thing as Vita Save Manager just a bit nicer/optimized and gets rid of needing touch inputs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/dCvPALlXf6k?si=79a51f2Fxz9buHTX