All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've got the Bomberman 64 (2001) fan translation (here) and I've repeatedly tried to patch multiple versions of the ROM with multiple programs, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. It always says that patching was unsuccessful, and the resulting ROMs cause Project64 to throw out an error saying it can't run the game.

Would anyone have a tutorial for patching .N64 files with .BPS files? I've never had to deal with BPS format and I think I could be doing something wrong (despite one of the programs dealing with the format working near-identically to Lunar IPS, which makes it seem self-explanatory).

Last edited by Sora de Eclaune,

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even think of that one because it had "IPS" in the name, leading me to believe it worked only with IPS files.

Edit: "This patch is not intended for this ROM." Now what? I downloaded that patch directly from romhacking.net!
Edit2: I've found out the MD5 and internal ID are wrong, but every ROM I can find is like that. What gives? Was the initial ROM spread around like that, and I'd have to obtain the actual game and dump it myself?
Edit3: I got it to work, now Project64 won't let me play?
Edit4: It's working, I don't know how, I'm just gonna run with it.

Last edited by Sora de Eclaune,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg