Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebirthz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Or, you could update straight to 9.2 with SysUpdater and 3DNUS, and not need a game at all.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/

one question again, i read this instruction and get confusing,

5. Start Pasta, install sysupdater.
6. Launch sysupdater then follow the instructions

we do this 2 steps in the 3DS or in the PC

Start pasta, install sysupdater? i'm not sure, is this related to the pasta 1.2.1 zip in this topic

how can i start pasta and install sysupdater, all files been downloaded,

thanks.

PS. is it better to use the blank new SD card, or it's ok to use the old sdcard that CFW and games are in.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
one question again, i read this instruction and get confusing,

5. Start Pasta, install sysupdater.
6. Launch sysupdater then follow the instructions

we do this 2 steps in the 3DS or in the PC

Start pasta, install sysupdater? i'm not sure, is this related to the pasta 1.2.1 zip in this topic

how can i start pasta and install sysupdater, all files been downloaded,

thanks.

PS. is it better to use the blank new SD card, or it's ok to use the old sdcard that CFW and games are in.
Wait until you actually have Cubic Ninja. There is no MSET for 9.2, and SpiderPasta isn't ready yet.
Read the instructions carefully, and use the Gateway launcher to backup your NAND before you do anything.
If you mess up, you can easily break your console.

rebirthz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ok, i have to start at the beginning of installing the Pasta CFW with Cubic ninja,

after it's done, i'll get the Old 3DS which runs the 4.x Pasta CFW, after that just follow the instruction in 9.2 update via sysupdate topic and my console gets updated to the 9.2

am i right?

thanks for your help guys!

one last question as i asked at the PS. above, is it better to use the blank new SD card, or it's ok to use the old sdcard that CFW and games are in.

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, I will definitely look in to that.
Problem with that is, the launcher, whose behavior is the single most important point when trying to do ARM9 stuff, is predefined as Launcher.dat. A a python script injects the ARM9 payload into Launcher.dat. So we don't really know how it gets to ARM9.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
ok, i have to start at the beginning of installing the Pasta CFW with Cubic ninja,

after it's done, i'll get the Old 3DS which runs the 4.x Pasta CFW, after that just follow the instruction in 9.2 update via sysupdate topic and my console gets updated to the 9.2

am i right?

one last question as i asked at the PS. above, is it better to use the blank new SD card, or it's ok to use the old sdcard that CFW and games are in.

Please direct your questions here http://gbatemp.net/threads/pasta-cfw-technical-support-thread.389765/

Reactions: Slushie3DS

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem with that is, the launcher, whose behavior is the single most important point when trying to do ARM9 stuff, is predefined as Launcher.dat. A a python script injects the ARM9 payload into Launcher.dat. So we don't really know how it gets to ARM9.
I'm not entirely worried with how it does it as long as we can use it for our ideas. That's all that really matters, right?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

am i right?

You can use either, it make no difference. If you intend to install CIAs, you'll want a larger SD card though.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
I find that FBI with SocketPunch works wonders and you don't have to take up space storing the CIA files on the SD in order to install.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help, I had this all up and running without issue on my old 3DS, but now I have a New 3DS XL that is 9.0.0.20U I run Pasta CFW fine, I then get into FBI and this is where I start to have issues:

If I try to install any .cia file to my sd card, I get the error: database does not exist (0x2b)

Initially my thought is that this is the issue in the first post:
If you get an error when installing a CIA with FBI, remember to make a title.db file in your "Nintendo 3DS/id1/id2/dbs" folder, and go to software management to fix the issue, you will then be able to install CIAs with FBI.
So of course I create the title.db file and put it in that folder. But then I go to data management in the 3DS settings (I assume thats what it means by software management), I'm not sure what more I need to do from there, I go into each option, but I don't know what it is I need to do to fix this issue, I try the process over again and I still get that issue.

So then I try installing a .cia to my NAND instead of the micro sd card, and that seemingly works, but no matter what, when I return to the menu, be it normally or through pasta, a block appears for a moment as if I have installed new software, but it quickly disappears.

Doe anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong here?

CravingCritic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help, I had this all up and running without issue on my old 3DS, but now I have a New 3DS XL that is 9.0.0.20U I run Pasta CFW fine, I then get into FBI and this is where I start to have issues:

If I try to install any .cia file to my sd card, I get the error: database does not exist (0x2b)

If you get an error when installing a CIA with FBI, remember to make a title.db file in your "Nintendo 3DS/id1/id2/dbs" folder, and go to software management to fix the issue, you will then be able to install CIAs with FBI.
So of course I create the title.db file and put it in that folder. But then I go to data management in the 3DS settings (I assume thats what it means by software management), I'm not sure what more I need to do from there, I go into each option, but I don't know what it is I need to do to fix this issue, I try the process over again and I still get that issue.

So then I try installing a .cia to my NAND instead of the micro sd card, and that seemingly works, but no matter what, when I return to the menu, be it normally or through pasta, a block appears for a moment as if I have installed new software, but it quickly disappears.

Not sure on the "Database does not exist" one, but on the matter of the CIA icon disappearing in SysNAND and Pasta is most likely from installing an out-of-region CIA, as Pasta does not have region free at the moment.

As a side note, when you go into your software management menu, it should tell you the database needs to be rebuilt, that's how you know you did the .db file thing right.

*edit*
Try adding both a blank title.db AND import.db file.

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Are you in Pasta mode? At each reboot, it exits Pasta mode.
Is it an out-of-region game? If it is, launch it with YAGW Region Free Launcher.
Are you in the right thread? No. Technical support is here.

Last edited by motezazer,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure on the "Database does not exist" one, but on the matter of the CIA icon disappearing in SysNAND and Pasta is most likely from installing an out-of-region CIA, as Pasta does not have region free at the moment.

As a side note, when you go into your software management menu, it should tell you the database needs to be rebuilt, that's how you know you did the .db file thing right.

*edit*
Try adding both a blank title.db AND import.db file.

The files disappearing seem to be due to the system NAND itself rejecting channels installed to it. Because I was able to fix my issue, I used the NTR Cfw spoof to use the shop and installed a small old title I had on my account (flipnote 3D) and then tried the process over and was able to install the same .cia files to my sd card.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

How did you create the two .db files? If you cerated two .txt file and then renamed them, when you renamed were you able to see the .txt extension?
If not (extension hide checked in windows explorer) the name of you files was ending in .db.txt and the 3DS couldn't recognize them.

Generation 16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spider support is great, but it will never work on N3DS due to the fact that it uses a different web browser. How long must I wait for CN-less N3DS support? Is it even possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu