Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy fuck this CFW came out of nowhere, and here I was just about to purchase a GW or a Sky3DS. I might just hold off on ordering CN altogether since I've just bought a legit copy of PKMN Y and MH4U.

I'm also curious as to how dangerous it is installing CIA's into the sysnand.

Reactions: Margen67

kactusss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Holy fuck this CFW came out of nowhere, and here I was just about to purchase a GW or a Sky3DS. I might just hold off on ordering CN altogether since I've just bought a legit copy of PKMN Y and MH4U.

I'm also curious as to how dangerous it is installing CIA's into the sysnand.

If you only install games/dlc. No danger at all.

Reactions: SLiV3R and Margen67

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'd only be able to run CIA's that are capable of running on 9.2.0 or lower right?

Yes. I think FW spoof will work through DevMenu but only if the game doesn't use anything that was added in later firmware.

But you can reinstall the microSD Manager as a different software with a separate icon in the Home menu using some shady CIA, Am I right?
Yeah :) That also stops it from rebooting the 3DS when you close it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When does the 3ds reboot ?

Normally it would have to be ran from system settings which reboots the 3DS when you are done, exiting CFW/emuNAND. It's rather of a pain in the ass since you can't enter data management on sysNAND if you have CIAs installed (with GW that is)
Edit: You can also install the 9.x system settings app as a SD app, there's a CIA floating around.

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I don't know. I don't have a New 3DS and I haven't tested it, but I suppose it is faster.

Its pretty much works the same way as FTP transferring. In other words it freaking slow (depending on router i guess). We're talking about 500kbps-1mbps from what I tested last time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0