Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's nop90, and i searched but I can't seem to find any posts that shows he's the one working on it. He is capable so I hope it comes out soon.

whatever!

Nop90 says:

''I did a quick and dirty port of the PASTA loader on SET,with fixed addresses for 4.x. It compiles but it freezes on loading.
I'll debug it in the next days and if i can make it work, I'll try to add fw detection to support other fw.
I the meantime I found a 3DS XL on FW 8.1.0.9E for 100€. I'll take it tomorrow.
Sadly there are a lot of used 3DS for about 75-85€ in very good condition, but they are all on 9.5+.
The percentage of 3DS owner playing pirated games is highly overestimated IMHO''

Reactions: Margen67 and Vappy

arcangelnew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Holy sh*t 99 pages, anyway, It would be great if it doesn't require cubic ninja to work like mset exploit or the web browser exploit that gateway use for his loader on 9.*, I'm not a dev but if someone can make a loader that doesn't use cubic ninja, that would be awesome as cubic ninja prices had been raised again :glare:, anyway excellen5t job guys, I hope you will keep improving it and not just dumping it like palatine did.

Reactions: Margen67
D

Deleted User

Holy sh*t 99 pages, anyway, It would be great if it doesn't require cubic ninja to work like mset exploit or the web browser exploit that gateway use for his loader on 9.*, I'm not a dev but if someone can make a loader that doesn't use cubic ninja, that would be awesome as cubic ninja prices had been raised again :glare:, anyway excellen5t job guys, I hope you will keep improving it and not just dumping it like palatine did.

lol yea people sure do like pasta

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's what they're working on now, MSET. It wont be long. Just kick back and watch it unfold.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
whatever!

Nop90 says:

''I did a quick and dirty port of the PASTA loader on SET,with fixed addresses for 4.x. It compiles but it freezes on loading.
I'll debug it in the next days and if i can make it work, I'll try to add fw detection to support other fw.
I the meantime I found a 3DS XL on FW 8.1.0.9E for 100€. I'll take it tomorrow.
Sadly there are a lot of used 3DS for about 75-85€ in very good condition, but they are all on 9.5+.
The percentage of 3DS owner playing pirated games is highly overestimated IMHO''
I found it. http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...zable-boot-options.388071/page-4#post-5501521
That is interesting indeed.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there some way to have 'dual cfw'?

one to load Gateway, and one to load pasta (for dsi and gba games)

Pasta is SysNAND, the only issue you'd encounter between the two is launchers, which is a simple matter in itself (just savegames for CN and maybe NVRAM for GW MSET)

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pasta is SysNAND, the only issue you'd encounter between the two is launchers, which is a simple matter in itself (just savegames for CN and maybe NVRAM for GW MSET)
Yes, I know that it boots into SysNAND, but it's STILL a cfw ;)

I was talking about the MSET exploit :)
I remember someone made some special launcher for MSET, so you could pick whatever you want to be launched when you're in the MSET menu

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's my actual setup in my N3DS.
MSET for Gateway and CN for Pasta.
I got the best of both worlds!

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's my actual setup in my N3DS.
MSET for Gateway and CN for Pasta.
I got the best of both worlds!

Thinking a project in the future might be a way to have multi boot off the same exploits. For example if they get the MSET working for pasta, a way to choose to boot pasta, GW, rxTools or another CFW. It's nice on my 2DS because I can use the web to load Gateway or rxTools. No hassles. Anyways, work is coming along great on this, thanks!

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Issue:
4.5.0.8E
Using the latest verion of PastaCFW, Yoshi's New Island seems to slow down irregulary during gameplay (currently noticable in 1-6)
I don't kow whether this is an issue caused by the loader or if it's known from the game, but the game did work smooth before (never played this level before though)

Has anyone had any other problems regarding a games performence?

Yoshi's Island does slow down occasionally. I don't remember noticing it in that particular level, but I'm not convinced these types of changes to Pasta could make any difference to the game.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yoshi's Island does slow down occasionally. I don't remember noticing it in that particular level, but I'm not convinced these types of changes to Pasta could make any difference to the game.
Must be an emulation problem of sorts because I have the real eshop version and it doesn't slow down.

Sure wish I didn't buy that game.....

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to launch pasta before installing a cia.

- create this files on your sd card if they don't exist :

?:\Nintendo 3DS\???????????????????????????\?????????????????????????????\dbs\import.db

?:\Nintendo 3DS\???????????????????????????\?????????????????????????????\dbs\title.db

go to in settings -> data management -> 3ds and restore the database (only if you don't have the files).

- then :

ninjhax -> pasta
ninjhax -> FBI -> install FBI.cia (or BigBlueMenu, devMenu, BRM)

- reload pasta and install your cia with your preinstalled favorite menu.

Edit: place your cias on the root of your SD card.

So I need to download the import.db and title.db files from somewhere, or are you saying that they will be created when I restore the database?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Mmmm has anyone with a 4.5 FW in sysNAND (particularly those that use GW in O3DSs) tried running a >4.5 game as CIA with Pasta?
Like Pokemon for example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    im gonna puke
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Laughing face + 2
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    finally, a zelda game where you play as zelda
    it only took 40 years
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @The Real Jdbye, They finally got the naming convention right.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now lets rename all of the old Zelda games to The Legend of Link. Lol.
    they kinda did that with zelda 2 at least it had link in the title
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ssDGBTssUI