Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cubic Ninja works fine!

I would rather have auto region free. Or some fixes with DSiWare and GBA Ambassador games =)

Except not everyone has access to Cubic Ninja. Of course I'm not complaining I'm simply asking for updates regarding any progress made .

Motezazer is in charge of that but he couldn't work as fast as AlbertoSONIC does for the GUI now.
Ya I know he's working on it that's why I'm asking about any updates. Thanks for putting it out there either way :)

Reactions: SLiV3R

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on an N3DS 9.0.0 running Pasta 1.0 beta 2 and I cannot seem to get into the menu. I have tried holding L, pressing it repeatedly, waiting a second after starting pasta and then start holding L, and even did all this with R to make sure I wasn't crazy. The auto detection works great and I can reboot without sig checks, I just can't get into the dang menu.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
UPDATE
I've added new offsets (thanks to motezazer). So now there's support to

o3ds:
4.x
5.x
6.x
7.x
8.x
9.x
n3ds:
8.x
9.x

Also, for that purpose I've rewritten the firmware detection code and i'm not sure that it's fully working. So if you can, post here the 3ds system version and if it worked. Thanks to everyone! ;)

This is awesome, I was going to add this too but I don't have a CN copy to test yet, so I held off on it since I don't want to be relying on user feedback (that didn't work so well when I added FW detection...)

So in other words, it supports everything on this list from 4.0.0 to 9.2.0?
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Configuration_Memory#NATIVE_FIRM_Versions

Looks good, but "whitout" should be "without", and "apply" (down on the reboot button) should be "applying", in this instance.

Edit: Clarified -which- "apply" should be changed. The FIRST one (on the Give me button) is fine.
Looks great, very System Settings-esque. Would fit right in if mset support was ever added.
Except not everyone has access to Cubic Ninja. Of course I'm not complaining I'm simply asking for updates regarding any progress made .

Ya I know he's working on it that's why I'm asking about any updates. Thanks for putting it out there either way :)
Yeah, the problem is there are not enough Cubic Ninja copies. Even if you're willing to pay the price, there are not very many of them on eBay and such and pretty soon it'll be impossible to get them since they're needed for this so people aren't gonna want to sell them...
CN also costs quite a bit, so people might as well go for GW which is easier to use, if all they care about is warez and CIA installation.

Reactions: prototech

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried AlbertoSONIC beta 2:

O3DS 4.4.0-10U : Perfect
N3DS 9.0.0-20U : Perfect, but top screen flickers occasionally (same as in beta 1, Credits menu is harder to see than on O3D, meaning that you need to keep touching the button and eventually it stays on top screen.

Another observation (very minor): The clock does not show a leading zero with single-digit minutes and seconds (meaning it will display HH:M:S not HH:0M:0S) (not a biggy)

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok...joining the party late, and I'm getting a bit confused...

All I'm looking to do is play the Ambassador GBA games on my N3DS 9.0FW. I have a retail copy of Cubic Ninja, and I have the US Ambassador games in .cia format.

So, let me try and get this straight...

1. Install Ninjhax
2. Copy over Pasta CFW to root of card. So, SD card looks like: SD:\3DS\PastaCFW
3. Install GBA .cia files to ????
4. Run Cubic Ninja, go to QR Code to launch Ninjhax.
5. Select Pasta CFW from homebrew launcher menu.
6. When 3DS returns to home screen, navigate to title manager
7. Select GBA game to play?

I've seen posts mentioning installation of BigBlueMenu and injecting GBA roms, so I'm a bit off track. Also, where do I place the .cia files in step 3? Any assistance would be appreciated!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Tried AlbertoSONIC beta 2:

O3DS 4.4.0-10U : Perfect
N3DS 9.0.0-20U : Perfect, but top screen flickers occasionally (same as in beta 1, Credits menu is harder to see than on O3D, meaning that you need to keep touching the button and eventually it stays on top screen.

Another observation (very minor): The clock does not show a leading zero with single-digit minutes and seconds (meaning it will display HH:M:S not HH:0M:0S) (not a biggy)

The clock is an easy fix, I'm bothered by that kind of stuff too. It's simply a matter of adding a couple more characters to the code. (%02d instead of %d)

Reactions: AlbertoSONIC

mintyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on 8.1 O3DS. when i click to patch it goes black and noting happens,on latest pasta download. not sure if anybody already knows this.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok...joining the party late, and I'm getting a bit confused...

All I'm looking to do is play the Ambassador GBA games on my N3DS 9.0FW. I have a retail copy of Cubic Ninja, and I have the US Ambassador games in .cia format.

So, let me try and get this straight...

1. Install Ninjhax
2. Copy over Pasta CFW to root of card. So, SD card looks like: SD:\3DS\PastaCFW
3. Install GBA .cia files to ????
4. Run Cubic Ninja, go to QR Code to launch Ninjhax.
5. Select Pasta CFW from homebrew launcher menu.
6. When 3DS returns to home screen, navigate to title manager
7. Select GBA game to play?

I've seen posts mentioning installation of BigBlueMenu and injecting GBA roms, so I'm a bit off track. Also, where do I place the .cia files in step 3? Any assistance would be appreciated!

You have to launch pasta before installing a cia.

- create this files on your sd card if they don't exist :

?:\Nintendo 3DS\???????????????????????????\?????????????????????????????\dbs\import.db

?:\Nintendo 3DS\???????????????????????????\?????????????????????????????\dbs\title.db

go to in settings -> data management -> 3ds and restore the database (only if you don't have the files).

- then :

ninjhax -> pasta
ninjhax -> FBI -> install FBI.cia (or BigBlueMenu, devMenu, BRM)

- reload pasta and install your cia with your preinstalled favorite menu.

Edit: place your cias on the root of your SD card.

Reactions: joeh1974

icedzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is a convoluted method of installation, but you could...

1. Install Palentine CFW
2. Install Save Data Filer
3. Have someone send you their installed NINJHAX save file
4. Install the save file with SDF.
5. Update to 9.2 somehow.

6. Install Pasta.

software will not fix the camera you'll need to input a hacked savegame using SDF.

or better yet, just get someone to dump the .sav file using the GW menu, then you can just do
1. copy .save to SD and use the GW launcher to restore to CN
2. update to 9.2
2. install Pasta

thanks guys, unfortunally noone of my friends have a gateway.. so i'm gonna try with sdf, someone can please send me in someway the ninjhax save file?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Do you think brahma can be ported to spider3dstools ? As spider3dstools provide ARM11 userland like cubic ninja does, and brahma is fully opensource ?

Do you think brahma can be ported to spider3dstools ? As spider3dstools provide ARM11 userland like cubic ninja does, and brahma is fully opensource ?

It will take a while. It can't simply be ported, because brahma relies on ctrulib and that does not and will never work with Spider3DSTools because that breaks so many things. I've asked this before and that was more or less the answer I got.
So it would have to be mostly remade or dropped entirely in favor of something completely new. And that means someone has to figure out how firmlaunchax works.... not an easy task. It's all in assembly :unsure:

Reactions: Arnold0

Pizzakoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Issue:
4.5.0.8E
Using the latest verion of PastaCFW, Yoshi's New Island seems to slow down irregulary during gameplay (currently noticable in 1-6)
I don't kow whether this is an issue caused by the loader or if it's known from the game, but the game did work smooth before (never played this level before though)

Has anyone had any other problems regarding a games performence?

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks guys, unfortunally noone of my friends have a gateway.. so i'm gonna try with sdf, someone can please send me in someway the ninjhax save file?

You don't need a gateway, just the launcher.dat

And what is your system version ? For exemple my cubic ninja's save is configured for old 3ds 4.5.0-8E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/X2x6pu6vSjU