ROM Hack [Partial Patch] NEWLOVEPLUS+ English Translation

Makein

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that exactly why you'd need someone to advertise? That way you could find someone who could create or locate an unpacker or something, among other things! Hell, you could send this project to a gaming channel and see if they'd be willing to advertise it or even briefly mention it! I know channels like PressHeartToContinue (a youtube who does gaming news videos and plays lots of visual novel style games, among others) have gaming news segments- I'm sure this would be of at least partial interest to them! I don't think it'd be a problem either since I doubt this series will ever be officially localized... So unlike the current FE: if translation, you run less of a risk of a C&D! (at least, i'd like to believe so) Maybe even Cellenseres, Smealum, and HANX would be willing to direct you guys toward anyone who could help...? I'm honestly not sure since I've never personally interacted with any of the people I've mentioned, but I figure it'd be a good place to start.

Also, if I could lend a hand in any way (reading over translated English text to make sure there aren't any spelling or grammar errors, also helping in advertising, etc.), I would also be willing! (keimeow's message kind of inspired me to want to help, too. i mean, besides the fact i'd really like to see this translation happen, too, lol)
(excuse my sloppy typing, it's like 12 am aha)

edit: also, does the wip unpacker dgrin linked not work, or is it so unfinished that it isn't really usable? kind of curious honestly.
Well, i'm not eng native speaker and don't know channels like that...
Unpacker only get part from text
If you can send this project to some gaming channels it would be great help for this project. And if you think i only post here and do nothing, you're wrong... I trying to find and asked hackers from other trans project for help... Some look, some try to help... But like you see we still here...

Last edited by Makein,
Reactions: espers

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The game is kinda niche so it's not easy to attract the attention of people who work on more popular titles, by all means we can all spread the word out there in our own way if we think it will help, I've already pinned this on the NLP facebook page, posted on twitter a couple of times and also at reddit, hopefully someone will break this open sometimes soon.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Keimeow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that exactly why you'd need someone to advertise? That way you could find someone who could create or locate an unpacker or something, among other things! Hell, you could send this project to a gaming channel and see if they'd be willing to advertise it or even briefly mention it! I know channels like PressHeartToContinue (a youtube who does gaming news videos and plays lots of visual novel style games, among others) have gaming news segments- I'm sure this would be of at least partial interest to them! I don't think it'd be a problem either since I doubt this series will ever be officially localized... So unlike the current FE: if translation, you run less of a risk of a C&D! (at least, i'd like to believe so) Maybe even Cellenseres, Smealum, and HANX would be willing to direct you guys toward anyone who could help...? I'm honestly not sure since I've never personally interacted with any of the people I've mentioned, but I figure it'd be a good place to start.

Also, if I could lend a hand in any way (reading over translated English text to make sure there aren't any spelling or grammar errors, also helping in advertising, etc.), I would also be willing! (keimeow's message kind of inspired me to want to help, too. i mean, besides the fact i'd really like to see this translation happen, too, lol)
(excuse my sloppy typing, it's like 12 am aha)

edit: also, does the wip unpacker dgrin linked not work, or is it so unfinished that it isn't really usable? kind of curious honestly.

You make an excellent point. Dodger would probably adore this game if she played it, giving her recent visual novel obsession on her channel. I'll see as well and try to get a few people to tweet at her about it. Also, I believe I've come up with a solution to get the game localized here (since you've mentioned that). We could give the finished translation of these games to Konami since most of the text between games is similar, so they would not have to hire as many people to work on translation. Also, if we signed a petition saying that we would gladly pay an extra $5-$10 on the game (which seems pretty reasonable for anyone with a job), they might be more inclined to localize. And to top it off, we could suggest a digital only alternative so that way they save money on cartridges and plastic for the boxes. Of course, we'd probably lose out on a collector's edition, but there is probably a reasonable solution to that as well.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
We could give the finished translation of these games to Konami since most of the text between games is similar, so they would not have to hire as many people to work on translation.

there are a few petitions to localise LovePlus titles over the years that haven't resulted into anything. Konami would never accept a fan translation.. NoA/NoE doesn't seem to care to localise these type of games, especially when the content and theme is a bit too risky for the western world, games like Senran Kagura Burst are a rare exception that they knew would be popular and easy to explain/market..We're probably on our own here..but that's ok, a clean fan translation sometimes can be better than getting an official localisation with bad dubbing, altered names & identities, content and events taken out cause they can't be explained etc..

Last edited by Dgrin,

Keimeow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are a few petitions to localise LovePlus titles over the years that haven't resulted into anything. Konami would never accept the fan translation in fear of retaliation or a lawsuit..NoA/NoE doesn't seem to care to localise these type of games, especially when the content and theme is a bit too risky for the western world, games like Senran Kagura Burst are a rare exception that they knew would be popular and easy to explain/market..We're probably on our own here..but that's ok, a clean fan translation sometimes can be better than getting an official localisation with bad dubbing, altered names & identities, content and events taken out cause they can't be explained etc..

Yeah, you have an excellent point. If we thought that the Xenoblade censorship was bad, oh god... I have been tweeting at people for help as well, so hopefully we can get help. Also, I was wondering if you guys could release patches gradually once all of this gets squared away. I don't mean a bunch of them, but maybe one that just includes the stuff that's already finished from the first game.

espers

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i'm not eng native speaker and don't know channels like that...
Unpacker only get part from text
If you can send this project to some gaming channels it would be great help for this project. And if you think i only post here and do nothing, you're wrong... I trying to find and asked hackers from other trans project for help... Some look, some try to help... But like you see we still here...

Oh no, I def did not mean to imply you weren't trying! I'm sorry if my comment came off that way- I never meant to offend you in any way. I never assumed you did nothing, either- I assumed you were the head of this project, if anything, and are probably doing the most! I just have only seen two posts about this (on the LPeng forum and on tumblr) so I wanted to suggest other places and try to help! I didn't know you weren't a native eng speaker, though- I honestly didn't really notice, haha. Neither am I, though, albeit I suck at my native language (spanish).

You make an excellent point. Dodger would probably adore this game if she played it, giving her recent visual novel obsession on her channel. I'll see as well and try to get a few people to tweet at her about it. Also, I believe I've come up with a solution to get the game localized here (since you've mentioned that). We could give the finished translation of these games to Konami since most of the text between games is similar, so they would not have to hire as many people to work on translation. Also, if we signed a petition saying that we would gladly pay an extra $5-$10 on the game (which seems pretty reasonable for anyone with a job), they might be more inclined to localize. And to top it off, we could suggest a digital only alternative so that way they save money on cartridges and plastic for the boxes. Of course, we'd probably lose out on a collector's edition, but there is probably a reasonable solution to that as well.

I honestly doubt this, for reasons stated by Dgrin. Especially since it's Konami- they're sketch as hell considering recent events. Still, never say never... Albeit it'd suck if (on the off chance they accepted it), everyone here went through the trouble of translating the whole game, only for them to either a) take the translation and not give any compensation to the translators or b) C&D the project and make it all for naught. Because LBR, they probably wouldn't pay a bunch of "nobodys" (in their eyes, at least) for translating a game for them, and if gamers retaliated, they'd just drop it all together. If anything, the fact they haven't cared to work on translating this series (tbf, it IS a hard series to translate) gives us the upperhand by having to worry less about a C&D, in a way.

I'd really hope Dodger would love the game and not be That Person who finds it creepy (esp with how SJW ppl are nowadays... I can't tell you how many people I've seen who go "oh you can change the way she looks and acts?? gross!" like Chill it is an old game...). Then again, she got through the Sakura games without so much as batting an eyelash at their grossness, so I think she'd def like it! I'll help you tweet at her to play Love Plus and maybe promote the fan translation if she can- also what's your twitter so I can rt your tweets and spread the word?

Sorry for the late reply- Stevenbomb and Osomatsu got me hype af.
edit: as for patches- we should probably wait til we have the unpacker stuff sorted out before thinking about that!

Keimeow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, I def did not mean to imply you weren't trying! I'm sorry if my comment came off that way- I never meant to offend you in any way. I never assumed you did nothing, either- I assumed you were the head of this project, if anything, and are probably doing the most! I just have only seen two posts about this (on the LPeng forum and on tumblr) so I wanted to suggest other places and try to help! I didn't know you weren't a native eng speaker, though- I honestly didn't really notice, haha. Neither am I, though, albeit I suck at my native language (spanish).

I honestly doubt this, for reasons stated by Dgrin. Especially since it's Konami- they're sketch as hell considering recent events. Still, never say never... Albeit it'd suck if (on the off chance they accepted it), everyone here went through the trouble of translating the whole game, only for them to either a) take the translation and not give any compensation to the translators or b) C&D the project and make it all for naught. Because LBR, they probably wouldn't pay a bunch of "nobodys" (in their eyes, at least) for translating a game for them, and if gamers retaliated, they'd just drop it all together. If anything, the fact they haven't cared to work on translating this series (tbf, it IS a hard series to translate) gives us the upperhand by having to worry less about a C&D, in a way.

I'd really hope Dodger would love the game and not be That Person who finds it creepy (esp with how SJW ppl are nowadays... I can't tell you how many people I've seen who go "oh you can change the way she looks and acts?? gross!" like Chill it is an old game...). Then again, she got through the Sakura games without so much as batting an eyelash at their grossness, so I think she'd def like it! I'll help you tweet at her to play Love Plus and maybe promote the fan translation if she can- also what's your twitter so I can rt your tweets and spread the word?

Sorry for the late reply- Stevenbomb and Osomatsu got me hype af.
edit: as for patches- we should probably wait til we have the unpacker stuff sorted out before thinking about that!

My twitter is @KeimeowMeow

Also, you don't need to apologize for replying late. I wouldn't expect anyone to be obsessed over this kind of forum.

espers

Trophies
XP
Country
My twitter is @KeimeowMeow

Also, you don't need to apologize for replying late. I wouldn't expect anyone to be obsessed over this kind of forum.

man you should have seen me before- i was excitedly checking this site daily to see how stuff was going.

Anyway!! Tosses this here

"Hello! My name is Veronica. I'm sorry if this is rude of me, but currently a group of people ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-help-new-love-plus-translation.395574/ ) are trying to translate the latest game (New Love Plus +) from a series known as Love Plus! It's a cute Visual Novel-esque game for the DS line of handheld consoles about a boy who goes to a new highschool and moves into an apartment on his own and meets three girls. Over the course of about a year (in game, obviously) he slowly befriends them, learning more about them as people in the process. At the end of the year, one of the girls confesses to him (basically whoever you talked to the most), and the protag and her begin a relationship. You might have heard of this game from the Sal900(?) incident- where a man literally married one of the in game girls (Nene), which caused the series to have a bad rep in Western communities for a long time.

The first game (Love Plus) has already been fully translated, and you can find a patch for it online ( https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/home ), if you'd ever like to play it. Basically, though, I was wondering if you could in any way promote the translation effort so we could find the people we need and get this game translated! I don't want to go the whole "i've been a fan of yours etc." route because it sounds kind of guilt trippy, but I noticed your tendency to play VNs as of late and thought it might interest you- not necessarily to play it, as I'm not sure whether the game would make for good LP material, just this whole thing in general.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this!"

How's this for the message to Dodger? Feel free to fact check me- I'm typing this all from memory, aha. (tweet limit doesn't matter since i'll be screencaping and sending it to her)

Makein

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, and now i need to say sorry... Because you don't offend me in any way, i only say that, well... We trying to find people to help us with this project and it's really hard to find them... Some don't like this type of games, others asking for money (and who knows, would they true done unpacker-packer or deceive us with it...) How much they ask? 100 Euro for it... It's fun project and i don't want people to pay for it, because it's fun project i guess (Well, it really would be increase speed of starting translation, but 100 euro not small money in my country)

Last edited by Makein,

espers

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, and now i need to say sorry... Because you don't offend me in any way, i only say that, well... We trying to find people to help us with this project and it's really hard to find them... Some don't like this type of games, others asking for money (and who knows, would they true done unpacker-packer or deceive us with it...) How much they ask? 100 Euro for it... It's fun project and i don't want people to pay for it, because it's fun project i guess (Well, it really would be increase speed of starting translation, but 100 euro not small money in my country)

Yikes, I just converted that to dollars and that's pricey af? A 107 dollars, really? I mean, granted, I don't know how much unpackers usually cost, but that still feels... Steep. I understand why one would request compensation, however- working on stuff for free is usually Not Fun unless you are passionate about it. And you make a solid point- we have no guarantee that they will actually deliver on their end of the bargain.

If push comes to shove, we could try starting up donations to be able to afford the unpacker-packer. I could even try doing sketch commissions to help raise money. Once we have enough, we could inform them and tell them we'd send the money once they finished working on it, or provided proof that they did, in fact, work on it (maybe sending them files and having them show us them using the thing via stream?)... That's if we did go that route, though, which hopefully we wouldn't have to.

I could also ask my college friends to see if any of them have any experience with this stuff- I'll get back to you guys on that this Monday when classes start up again.

Keimeow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes, I just converted that to dollars and that's pricey af? A 107 dollars, really? I mean, granted, I don't know how much unpackers usually cost, but that still feels... Steep. I understand why one would request compensation, however- working on stuff for free is usually Not Fun unless you are passionate about it. And you make a solid point- we have no guarantee that they will actually deliver on their end of the bargain.

If push comes to shove, we could try starting up donations to be able to afford the unpacker-packer. I could even try doing sketch commissions to help raise money. Once we have enough, we could inform them and tell them we'd send the money once they finished working on it, or provided proof that they did, in fact, work on it (maybe sending them files and having them show us them using the thing via stream?)... That's if we did go that route, though, which hopefully we wouldn't have to.

I could also ask my college friends to see if any of them have any experience with this stuff- I'll get back to you guys on that this Monday when classes start up again.

We could always do a down payment sort of deal. That might make whoever we get more comfortable with this arrangement.

Keimeow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone managed to find a person willing to put forth the work on the script? I can put forth some of my next paycheck if money is an issue.

blax722

Trophies
XP
Country
*Arise dead thread!*
Well, this would be great project and I would like to help with it, even tough I don't know "how to japanese" and I am not a native english speaker...

Keimeow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Arise dead thread!*
Well, this would be great project and I would like to help with it, even tough I don't know "how to japanese" and I am not a native english speaker...
Do you know how to write an unpacker/packer script? We need someone to do that.

ofan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in this project, I'm a programmer, so I can code(C/C++ python etc), the problem is I'm very new to 3ds hack scene, still need sometime to figure out some things.

ofan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not doing it for money, just interested in this project. @Nagato has already done the parsing part, the rest shouldn't be difficult i think. i'll take a look at those scripts this weekend and see if i can do something.

Makein

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not doing it for money, just interested in this project. @Nagato has already done the parsing part, the rest shouldn't be difficult i think. i'll take a look at those scripts this weekend and see if i can do something.
Thanks for help! We really glad that somebody interested in this project and want to help with translation of this great date sim game. Would waiting for you replay, when you look on files

Incolbum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you need someone to look over the translations, I'm game. I've on-and-off helped proofread manga scripts for 4 or so years and I'm pretty good at correcting second-lanuage English mistakes.

Reactions: Dgrin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X0F1Qjn0Ac