Gaming Over 150 upcoming PS Vita games!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you even research? There are unstable updates on an almost nightly basis if you opt to participate in them and there's a new dev post on the website at least every 2-3 days. The team is hard at work revamping things like combat, monster behaviors and character progression to make the game better than ever. Its certainly nowhere near dead.

Nightly unstable builds! Oh man! You got me so excited!

The game's been out for about 8 months now. It still has less content than Terraria did on launch, it's still lacking a majority of features that were promised, and updates have come to a crawl. It's still buggy, it still wipes your save every update, hell even modders have taken to doing stuff that they promised (just like Minecraft). All they've been doing is posting things they say they'll do or concept art that isn't even implemented. Literally just go through the blog posts and see how most of them are just "we're working on this!" and it's usually, at most, a minor features. Terraria got big updates. After the game was finished and completed. This game is getting little to no updates. Before it's even "finished". It's a joke and you shouldn't defend anything that's Early Access.

Don't defend paying $15 for an unfinished game. I did and I regretted it. You're giving the developers money for an unfinished product. What reason do they have to finish it when they already got the money.

Reactions: chavosaur

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I shouldnt defend it due to its Early Access state even though I have every confidence the team will finish the game and make it more enjoyable than ever, which is pretty much the point of EA? I understand a lot of devs let their EA titles die but I dont get the feeling Chuclefish will.

Also dont you think complaining that an unfinished product is unfished even though you knew it was unfinished when you bought it, then complaining it doesnt have as much content as a similar product thats finished, is a bit silly?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I shouldnt defend it due to its Early Access state even though I have every confidence the team will finish the game and make it more enjoyable than ever, which is pretty much the point of EA? I understand a lot of devs let their EA titles die but I dont get the feeling Chuclefish will.

Also dont you think complaining that an unfinished product is unfished even though you knew it was unfinished when you bought it, then complaining it doesnt have as much content as a similar product thats finished, is a bit silly?

You've clearly never seen Guild's opinion on things before.
It's kinda bad, move on. You're wasting internet space, friend.

Reactions: Skelletonike

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, you shouldn't defend EA either. You should say they're both shit.

The thing is if you know it's unfinished, why are you paying for it? The point I'm making is that you're arguing it's perfectly acceptable to sell unfinished games. Like what the fuck.

And the chucklefucks at Chucklefish are an absolute joke.

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you shouldn't defend EA either. You should say they're both shit.

The thing is if you know it's unfinished, why are you paying for it? The point I'm making is that you're arguing it's perfectly acceptable to sell unfinished games. Like what the fuck.

And the chucklefucks at Chucklefish are an absolute joke.

Man, so very insightful. Now that you've informed me that my opinion is wrong and dropped a few F-bombs, I can clearly see the error of my ways.

But fo'real dawg...It is 100% acceptable to sell unfinished games. Is anyone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy them? I mean there's a huge box of text as soon as you click on a title that basically says "Hey this shit aint done, and it might not work great and shit so you probably shouldnt buy it unless you like helping us find shit thats wrong and helping the game grow and shit."

http://playstarbound.com/some-thoughts-on-early-access-release-dates-the-big-1-0/
Man what a bunch of "chucklefucks" who clearly dont give a damn about their "dead" game.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (which was announced a while ago and we've had barely any info since because McMillen is a fat lazy piece of shit)

He's been giving plenty of info every week, on everything but a release date. He did post a few hours ago that the game was "nearing completion" and in the heavy tuning/polish phase", so there'll probably be a more concrete date in the next month or two.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, so very insightful. Now that you've informed me that my opinion is wrong and dropped a few F-bombs, I can clearly see the error of my ways.

But fo'real dawg...It is 100% acceptable to sell unfinished games. Is anyone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy them? I mean there's a huge box of text as soon as you click on a title that basically says "Hey this shit aint done, and it might not work great and shit so you probably shouldnt buy it unless you like helping us find shit thats wrong and helping the game grow and shit."

http://playstarbound.com/some-thoughts-on-early-access-release-dates-the-big-1-0/
Man what a bunch of "chucklefucks" who clearly dont give a damn about their "dead" game.

The whole "You don't HAVE to buy it" argument is entirely irrelevant. It doesn't matter if I have to buy it or not, you don't just let businesses deal with shitty business practices because you don't have to buy from them. McDonald's makes their chicken nuggets with an unhealthy-as-fuck pink goop. I don't HAVE to buy from them so is this okay to go with anyway?

Also did you even read the posting? It's basically saying "We're redefining our version of 'finished'". He even says he could take the game out of Early Access because it's "playable" even though it hasn't delivered on a majority of the promises. The whole fucking blog post is an attack on critics who reasonably say "You aren't delivering what you promised" by redefining what he promised. He considers nightly builds to be the "thick, fast, big updates" that they promised and "well the game basically is finished, we're just still updating it because we're great devs."

Like holy shit they can go fuck themselves.

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
I think at least a good 20 games from that list interest me.

Also, Hotline Miami 2 and Velocity 2x are the sequels to two of my favourite games of the recent times. Those are amongst my most wanted game period, along with Axiom Verge, Hyper Lighter and some others from that list :)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
That's like going to the 3DS board and saying "So i'm supposed to get excited over Nintendo games?"

If you own a Vita and don't like indie/jap games, you've made a horrible mistake. If not, you're on the wrong board bro. Nintendoland is that'a way *points in arbitrary direction*

This is what's keeping me away from Vita, I like games whether they're Indie or "AAA" (triple A batteries please? lol) but I just can't get used to the fact that the games would be in digital format for the majority, plus RPG or Visual Novels aren't really my favourite genres to be playing.

If only Sony hired Naughty Dog to develop a new Crash Bandicoot for the Vita I'd be sold!

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although its an impressive list only a few are catching my eyes maybe 2 or 3 the rest I am like ehh its all right.

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Vita truly is an Indie machine now isn't it....

I'll get one in the future though, next year I believe, since there's about... One game out now that I want, and two more to come. Hopefully they'll have more titles that catch my interest by then.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What does "I don't like indies" mean? Does it actually mean something? indie is not a genre

Indie games do have a section on their own on Xbox and to separate them from the 'normal' games people refer them too as such, regardless that it's not a genre it's the best way to know about what kind of game it is.

AAA = Destiny, Grand Theft Auto V, Call of Duty. (games which cost companies a shit-ton to make)
Indie = Shovel Knight, No Man's Sky, RadRayGun, Uncraft Me, etc. (games which did not cost them too much and still are awesome)

Calling out a game as "Indie" isn't a bad thing, it's just what it is.

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
Indie games do have a section on their own on Xbox and to separate them from the 'normal' games people refer them too as such, regardless that it's not a genre it's the best way to know about what kind of game it is.

AAA = Destiny, Grand Theft Auto V, Call of Duty. (games which cost companies a shit-ton to make)
Indie = Shovel Knight, No Man's Sky, RadRayGun, Uncraft Me, etc. (games which did not cost them too much and still are awesome)

Calling out a game as "Indie" isn't a bad thing, it's just what it is.
I think you've misunderstood the point of my post.

I read this:
If you own a Vita and don't like indie/jap games, you've made a horrible mistake.
and thought "what does it mean 'if you don't like indie games'?"

Indie games as I said does not point to a genre neither to a selection of similar games, in fact those games often do not have anything in common outside of budget.

That leads me to believe that there are people who actually judge games on how much budget was behind them rather than based on their quality.

loganino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what's keeping me away from Vita, I like games whether they're Indie or "AAA" (triple A batteries please? lol) but I just can't get used to the fact that the games would be in digital format for the majority, plus RPG or Visual Novels aren't really my favourite genres to be playing.

If only Sony hired Naughty Dog to develop a new Crash Bandicoot for the Vita I'd be sold!
Dude, if it was a PS Vita exclusive it could really boost Vita's sales. And a Last of us port would be cool...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu