koentje3

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, with the upcomping release of super mario strikers charged, the first online wii game, this is an exciting time for wii owners with a modchip.

What do you think, will we be able to play online, or not?

And those friendcodes.. Does the game creates them, or does the code comes with the game packaging if you buy it?

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well it will be an interesting test to see if it works. I think the Friends Code is created by the game based on your Wii code. I don't think there's a unique friends code with each copy. So if you put the game in a different wii it will create a new code.

whether it will work, i guess we'll find out on the 25th or thereabouts.

BMH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Every mii & wii combined have 1 unique friendcode in Strikers. So there are 100 possible friendcodes per wii system with Strikers.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
^ what? That sucks!

And online play works, tons of persons already played the Japanese Pokémon Battle Revolution online using a backup and a US-console.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
@ BMH

Is this for strikers only? or does the apply to most games?

All games will have individual friend codes as far we can tell. That's the system Nintendo has put in place. Pokemon Battle Revolution and Mario Strikers are confirmed to have individual friend codes rather than use your Wii system code.

I have no doubt that online games will work fine with the current selection of mod chips.

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Didn't they say random matchup play will be limited to your console's region? That's what I wonder about with "region free" systems. Do they code a specific region server onto the DVD? Do they base it on your IP address? Do they do anything to boot suspected people not from the right region?

As far as I've heard, this game is the only one with that "limitation." Pokemon hasn't been described like that in magazine reviews and the like.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
wasn't there supposed to be a deal between Gamespy and NIntendo for online gaming? I guess that wasn't applicable to the UK?

Gamespy does all of Nintendo's online infrastructure. DS and Wii. God I hate Gamespy and their shitty matchmaking
dry.gif

Didn't they say random matchup play will be limited to your console's region? That's what I wonder about with "region free" systems. Do they code a specific region server onto the DVD? Do they base it on your IP address? Do they do anything to boot suspected people not from the right region?

As far as I've heard, this game is the only one with that "limitation."Â Pokemon hasn't been described like that in magazine reviews and the like.

Yeah Strikers will be limited to random matchups in your region only. I'm not sure how they determine what region you're in though. They did it to try and limit the lag as strikers requires fast response times unlike pokemon.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah Strikers will be limited to random matchups in your region only. I'm not sure how they determine what region you're in though. They did it to try and limit the lag as strikers requires fast response times unlike pokemon.

Probably though the Wii update that came with the Everybody Votes channel, which determines your region. Mine for example, would be in Canada, Ontario. Hopefully random matchups will be limited to Canada, and not Ontario..

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
All games will have individual friend codes as far we can tell. That's the system Nintendo has put in place. Pokemon Battle Revolution and Mario Strikers are confirmed to have individual friend codes rather than use your Wii system code.
Was there not a press release from nintendo ages ago saying that the friend code system would not be like that of the DS, and rather one code per system regardless of game? Of course I cannot find this release or article now but I swear I read something like this. I really hope so as having a list of codes for the games you play is tedious.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Being a drive chip you should be able to go online without nintendo being able to detect it. If they've decided to put some kind of protection on the online discs, so it stops you from going online. We'll find out in a few days. If you can get online with copied games, the cheats will be next and wii online gaming will got the same way as the DS online gaming.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Being a drive chip you should be able to go online without nintendo being able to detect it. If they've decided to put some kind of protection on the online discs, so it stops you from going online. We'll find out in a few days. If you can get online with copied games, the cheats will be next and wii online gaming will got the same way as the DS online gaming.
I had a dream where all Wi-Fi games had a serial number that was validated online forcing you to buy the game for online play. If that ever happened, it would be put in place on the DS if anything cause really, who doesn't own a flashcart these days?

INTERNETS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being a drive chip you should be able to go online without nintendo being able to detect it. If they've decided to put some kind of protection on the online discs, so it stops you from going online. We'll find out in a few days. If you can get online with copied games, the cheats will be next and wii online gaming will got the same way as the DS online gaming.

Cheats aren't next – as long as it's impossible to run Wii homebrew, online will remain neutral.

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only way they can block us is by requiring a CD-Key, or something similar like marrying the game's online capabilities to the Wii it's installed on (like with a VC game). I doubt they'll do either.

As for cheats, we'll have to enjoy online gaming while it lasts. Cheats will come the same day as homebrew.

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
The only way they can block us is by requiring a CD-Key, or something similar like marrying the game's online capabilities to the Wii it's installed on (like with a VC game).  I doubt they'll do either. 

As for cheats, we'll have to enjoy online gaming while it lasts.  Cheats will come the same day as homebrew.

marriage system for live was a bit more complicated, we dont know if nintendo will take the route yet

QUOTE1. The Marriage Theory: When you go on XBL with an Xbox MS marries your EEPROM to your HD serial in their database.

2. LPC scan: checks to see if you have a modchip installed.

3. HD contents check: checks to see if you have any illegal code on your C: and E: partions of your Xbox...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1