c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
however one of them has not been released yet
It has been released for month now, not only for 3.x but for all firmwares. This coldboot exploit is called Fusée Gelée. E.g SX OS by Team Xecuter uses this exploit. No modding of the hardware is needed. All can be done just with the dongle and jig. If you want, you can do a hardmod instead by e.g. placing a Trinket M0 inside of the switch.

Last edited by c80,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been released for month now, not only for 3.x but for all firmwares. This coldboot exploit is called Fusée Gelée. E.g SX OS by Team Xecuter uses this exploit. No modding of the hardware is needed. All can be done just with the dongle and jig. If you want, you can do a hardmod instead by e.g. placing a Trinket M0 inside of the switch.
I'm referring to a pure softmod, not one that involves jamming a piece of metal. Not everyone would prefer to do that to their Switch and there are plenty of threads on why its not a good idea for everyone. Also, not everyone is adept or comfortable with opening their console to install the trinket. Some of us would prefer the ease of loading a webpage to load hacks since all it will take is some navigation through Horizon and avoids having to touch the console in any way, shape, or form.

Reactions: XaneTenshi

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a pure softmod. No hardware is modified. You are just using the word 'softmod' wrong.
I'm not going to beat this dead horse a second time. This is a difference in perception on the definition of softmod. All I said was that I cannot use Fusee Gelee without physically touching my console and using some metal to bridge a new connection. I am not calling it softmod or hardmod, I am referring to it by the whole process.

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is a difference in perception on the definition of softmod.
Yes. I'm using the right definition and you are using a different definition. If you'd stop using the wrong definition, others would be able to understand what you are talking about.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I'm using the right definition and you are using a different definition. If you'd stop using the wrong definition, others would be able to understand what you are talking about.
If you want me to specify softmod without the introduction of another piece of equipment, I can do that. But enough people have understood the differences between the unreleased webpage-based exploits and the current bootrom exploit. Not to mention that permanent physical damage can occur if you perform the bootrom exploit inappropriately. If you want to name or show me someone that hasn't fully understood the differences, please feel free to do so.

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you want to name or show me someone that hasn't fully understood the differences, please feel free to do so.
I thought YOU did not understand the difference, because you were calling the RCM thing a hardmod, even if no hardware is modified.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought YOU did not understand the difference, because you were calling the RCM thing a hardmod, even if no hardware is modified.
I believe this exemplifies the point I've been trying to make
It’s not quite so black and white, is it. Fusee Gelee is a good example of that fact - it’s a software based exploit, yet some form of external hardware is needed to send the payload.

Not all exploits necessarily fit into either ‘hardmod’ or ‘softmod’.
If I refer to it as hardmod, its to make it easier for the less technical to understand. Whether or not its a hardmod of softmod is not the point because not everything can be categorized as such. Anyways, I usually never refer to it as a harmod but a phrase such as "inserting a jig and USB" as my catch-all. Again, this is semantics not a discussion in how the exploit works.

Reactions: XaneTenshi

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I believe this exemplifies the point I've been trying to make
If I refer to it as hardmod, its to make it easier for the less technical to understand.
Do you think it is wise to use termini technici wrongly on purpose when talking to such people? How can they understand if you tell them is wrong? In my opinion it is better to teach the less educated. Lying to people is a mean thing. Look at me, I am a nice guy. I explain it to you, because you are less technical.
Whether or not its a hardmod of softmod is not the point because not everything can be categorized as such. Anyways, I usually never refer to it as a harmod but a phrase such as "inserting a jig and USB" as my catch-all. Again, this is semantics not a discussion in how the exploit works.
We were talking about atmo, not fg, weren't we? fg does not mod anything. fg is wether a softmod, nor a hardmod. It's not a mod at all. It's just the exploid to run the softmod. The payload is what's modding the system.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think it is wise to use termini technici wrongly on purpose when talking to such people? How can they understand if you tell them is wrong? In my opinion it is better to teach the less educated. Lying to people is a mean thing. Look at me, I am a nice guy. I explain it to you, because you are less technical.
That's why I said I typically avoid using the word "hardmod" and instead call it as it is. It should also be worth noting that hardmod has no accepted definition unlike softmod so use of the former is more flexible than the latter.
We were talking about atmo, not fg, weren't we? fg does not mod anything. fg is wether a softmod, nor a hardmod. It's not a mod at all. It's just the exploid to run the softmod. The payload is what's modding the system.
I was not talking about Atmosphere because Atmosphere is a CFW, not an exploit. I have also repeatedly said we are not talking about how the exploit works because the payload being sent is only one part of the exploit chain. It is semantics based on how you perceive inducing RCM (which I know is built into the system) to achieve sending unsigned code via payloads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate...